Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2013 6:02:27 PM EDT
just been reading an artical on the new? up grades. the vltor emod A5 stock and a floating guard and sling.
question, what guard are they looking at? and has it come in yet?
cheers kiwiaug
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
VLTOR key mod VIS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
can you get those guards?  cannot find on there web site.

has this set up been adopted yet?
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Still prototype and no adopted. Do a google image search.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
damn. Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The Marine Corps was working on a PIP to the A4, it was not the A5.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's my version of the A5. Has the A5 buffer system but not the emod stock and I haven't decided which ff rail I want to go with yet.

" />
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep wondering when they will finally ditch the 20" barrel, at least they are almost ready for a collapsible stock, it's only late 2013.  This in a 16" would be a great issue carbine for the USMC IMO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep wondering when they will finally ditch the 20" barrel, at least they are almost ready for a collapsible stock, it's only late 2013.  This in a 16" would be a great issue carbine for the USMC IMO.
View Quote

They invented the M4, why would they need a new carbine?
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
They don't, they need to issue the M4s to the grunts instead of saddling them with a musket to deal with while wearing armor.  Instead, they give M4s to NCOs and officers while the privates are kicking in doors with an A2 stock and a 20" barrel.  That they make it work is a testament to the individual Marines, far from ideal though and why?  Sure, I was wrestling with an A2 stock and 20" barrel in CQB as well...in the early 90s!

If they insist on being different, an A5 with a 16" midlength gas would be a good compromise in a general issue carbine of velocity, reliability, accuracy and maneuverability.  I don't personally see a reason for there to be anything other than the M4 until a next-gen small arm is introduced.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't, they need to issue the M4s to the grunts instead of saddling them with a musket to deal with while wearing armor.  Instead, they give M4s to NCOs and officers while the privates are kicking in doors with an A2 stock and a 20" barrel.  That they make it work is a testament to the individual Marines, far from ideal though and why?  Sure, I was wrestling with an A2 stock and 20" barrel in CQB as well...in the early 90s!

If they insist on being different, an A5 with a 16" midlength gas would be a good compromise in a general issue carbine of velocity, reliability, accuracy and maneuverability.  I don't personally see a reason for there to be anything other than the M4 until a next-gen small arm is introduced.
View Quote

Approx half the guns in a victor battalion are M4s.  

The reason the A4 was chosen was its more reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top