Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 2:25:43 PM EDT
Looking to get a drop in free float rail for one of my mid-lengths.

Features I have to have :

Retain original FSB and triangular endcap

Retain original barrel nut

Free Floated

Ability to add or already has rail sections

Features I would prefer but are not deal killers if it doesn't have:

tube instead of a quad rail

FDE color

So far the only option I see is the Troy Delta Battle Rail and maybe the DD Omega. Anything else out there?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing from Midwest Industries?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They have drop ins and free floats, but no drop in free floats that I see. If they make one let me know, I like their stuff.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Daniel Defense Omega (not the OmegaX series)
Centurion Arms C4 rail series.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The Vltor CASV sounds pretty close to what you're looking for. The extra rail along the top might be an issue depending on your optic and mount choice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
MI makes a two peice free float rail. Is like $150.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm relatively new to the AR platform, but I thought "drop-in" and "free float" were relatively separate.  Maybe just a semantics thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm relatively new to the AR platform, but I thought "drop-in" and "free float" were relatively separate.  Maybe just a semantics thing.
View Quote

I believe drop in simply means two piece so you don't have to remove A2, and will still secure onto standard BN?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They have drop ins and free floats, but no drop in free floats that I see. If they make one let me know, I like their stuff.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midwest Industries has the 2 piece free float handguards. Removal of delta ring is all that's required. It is quad rail though.

Link
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MI makes a two peice free float rail. Is like $150.
View Quote

I have this on my 14.5 and it rocks

ETA

Obviously this is the longer version but you get the idea
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense Omega (not the OmegaX series)
Centurion Arms C4 rail series.
View Quote

The best name in the game for what you're looking for, that requires absolutely no modification, is the DD Omega series.  They make lengths for carbine, midlength, and rifle gas uppers.

The Centurion C4, while a great option, is not a "drop in" unit and will require you to remove the delta ring assembly (either by disassembling the upper or cutting it off).
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I believe drop in simply means two piece so you don't have to remove A2, and will still secure onto standard BN?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drop in means it requires no modification or disassembly of any parts.  It will install just the same or very similar to a set of plastic handguards (some do require tightening of screws).

Also, while not very common, there are a few "drop in" systems that FF the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Daniel Defense Omega and Troy Charlie Battle Rails.  Most everything else requires at least cutting off the delta slip ring.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top