Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2016 8:42:55 PM EDT
I have one SBR finished at the moment and am working on the second. The first is a traditional mk18 Mod 0 type build but for the second one I was going to go for a more"futuristic" look. Something like...

This

Or this

Pretty cool looking, right? Key word in there is looking, but how about everything else, like functionality, shoot-ability and so forth?

Two things with these type stocks are A: They're pretty frickin expensive, and B: They're other alternatives out there that significantly cut down on stock length but at a lesser price point (LWRC UICW for one).

You guys that have/had one, what are your thoughts? Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have one SBR finished at the moment and am working on the second. The first is a traditional mk18 Mod 0 type build but for the second one I was going to go for a more"futuristic" look. Something like...
This

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/alt1/850/850203.jpg

Or this

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000MQ2wdm2VRCI/fit=1000x750/lwrc-six8-pdw.jpg

Pretty cool looking, right? Key word in there is looking, but how about everything else, like functionality, shoot-ability and so forth?

Two things with these type stocks are A: They're pretty frickin expensive, and B: They're other alternatives out there that significantly cut down on stock length but at a lesser price point (LWCR UICW for one).

View Quote

The top one IMO doesn't even look good....too much shit hanging on it.

The second one I like.....but I'd just turn it into a pistol if you don't want to spend the $$$ on the stock.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have my Troy stock in and installed on Thursday, I'll try and post a pic here if I remember.

I too have an mk18 mod 0 inspired SBR and wanted to try the PDW out for size, it will be on a 7inch 5.56 upper
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They look cool but Those sure are expensive. Atleast living in a non-sbr state has one advantage - saving me from spending $500 on a sweet looking stock
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my nea ccs but at be end of the day it's more gimmicky than useful id recommend an lwrc ultra compact any day of the week if you want something compact
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
They're cool if you already have everything else. I'm building one using an 8.5" 300 BLK barrel b/c I basically ran out of stuff (that I like) to build.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They look cool but Those sure are expensive. Atleast living in a non-sbr state has one advantage - saving me from spending $500 on a sweet looking stock
View Quote
Actually, you'll be able to purchase this soon...

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love my nea ccs but at be end of the day it's more gimmicky than useful id recommend an lwrc ultra compact any day of the week if you want something compact
View Quote

The most appealing thing about the UCIW is the fact that I can use my own BCG and it only costs around $130, unlike the PDWs which need their own proprietary BCGs which adds to the overall cost. They're pretty sweet looking as well; like a micro SOPMOD.

A shop near me introduced me to the MVB ARC stock, another PDW type stock that allows you to use your own BCG. Any have any experience with these?

I guess there's also the PDW look-alikes, that is they are MP5 style two bar collapsible stocks but they use a regular mil-spec buffer tube. The BAD Vert Stock and the Troy() Tomahawk are a few examples. Honestly I'm not above getting one of these specifically for the look. Hell, most of the guns I own I do so because I think they're cool, and that's it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
some people like them some people not so much

i have an NEA ccs and really like it.  i won't be replacing the stocks on my other guns with one but i'll be keeping this one.  it's been 100% reliable with multiple 5.56 uppers and a 300 blk upper i run with it.  it really all depends on how you feel about the cheekweld a pdw type stock affords

300blk upper

7" 5.56 upper

9" 5.56 upper

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
CMT makes complete PDW lowers and Battle Arms sells just the stock set of this.  I felt one up this weekend and really like the setup.  Fully extended you can get the extreme majority of stock extension when compared to a milspec, but gets a lot smaller too.  They even do a version with a JP Silent Spring so you can tune it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CMT makes complete PDW lowers and Battle Arms sells just the stock set of this.  I felt one up this weekend and really like the setup.

https://www.cmttac.com/image/cache/data/STKL5496-2-800x800.jpg
http://67.media.tumblr.com/01fdc958d62290c595eec86bbd82419a/tumblr_not847fIAy1trwenuo1_1280.jpg
View Quote

The Battle Arms arrangement is shorter by a little bit than the Cross Machine monolithic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Battle Arms arrangement is shorter by a little bit than the Cross Machine monolithic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CMT makes complete PDW lowers and Battle Arms sells just the stock set of this.  I felt one up this weekend and really like the setup.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/01fdc958d62290c595eec86bbd82419a/tumblr_not847fIAy1trwenuo1_1280.jpg

Yeah... If you're gonna do a PDW stock, do a PDW stock (meaning LWRCI UCIW length or less) and not something that is as long as a waffle sitting on a buffer tube. There's one company doing one right now that provides ZERO reduction in OAL collapsed length. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

I present to you.... The XPDW

WTF were they thinking???? And I have seen people drool over it on this forum...

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol, I tell you what they were thinking. "Bunch of cheap asses will buy anything so long as they get the look!"

And to be honest, I'd buy something if it actually looked pretty cool BUT the way that one looks, with all the extra length, looks pretty stupid.

Quoted:
CMT makes complete PDW lowers and Battle Arms sells just the stock set of this.  I felt one up this weekend and really like the setup.  Fully extended you can get the extreme majority of stock extension when compared to a milspec, but gets a lot smaller too.  They even do a version with a JP Silent Spring so you can tune it.

View Quote

Man that looks sick, don't it!?

By fusing that into the lower reciever it looks like it saves even more overall length. I already have my second lower engraved and ready to have forms sent, if I wasn't so far along I'd take a serious look at that one for sure!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol, I tell you what they were thinking. "Bunch of cheap asses will buy anything so long as they get the look!"

And to be honest, I'd buy something if it actually looked pretty cool BUT the way that one looks, with all the extra length, looks pretty stupid.

By fusing that into the lower reciever it looks like it saves even more overall length. I already have my second lower engraved and ready to have forms sent, if I wasn't so far along I'd take a serious look at that one for sure!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can buy just the stock set for $350 or so if you shop around. When I do a SBR it'll be what I use.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a Troy PDW and a UCIW stocked SBR both with short barrels.

The PDW is fun, gets attention, and is shorter than the UCIW setup.

The UCIW lets you pick your BCG, has 3rd party buffers, offers a good cheekweld and is more comfortable to shoot. And it's a few hundred less.

Get both:

But the UCIW is more practical unless you need the shortest OAL possible.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I have both the UCIW and LWRC PDW Stocks and though I'll agree that the UCIW stock is more comfortable it really isn't that much shorter than s standard buffer tube/stock combo.  I believe it's 1" your saving, and I don't find the UCIW stick as comfortable as something like a CTR.  I actually bought a magpul MOE stock and cut it down to fit the UCIW receiver extension.  The inly reason I run the UCIW setup is to fit my rifle in an Eberlestock cherry bomb backpack which won't fit my SBR with a standard buffer tube.

The PDW stock gives a much more dramatic reduction in overall length and bulk but offers no cheek weld so you have to go nose to charging handle which is fine but feels a little awkward for extended firing.  

Both of these setups have been 100% in my rifles and the quality is top

Unless there's a reason to save that one inch on your rifle, either just stick with a standard buffer tube/stock, or go all in for a quality PDW stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I run the Maxim Defense CQB stock on my 9mm AR and it's awesome.  Has been 100% reliable.  Is it better than a UCIW?  I've never handled a UCIW, but I think you're getting less length reduction but less play/wiggle at a third the cost vs the Maxim defense.  So why the PDW stock?  The PDW stock collapses smaller (see UCIW vs Troy below, and more at this link:  http://imgur.com/a/9jJvh), it lets me run a JP SCS, and most importantly, cause it just looks way more kickass to me.  My personal toy (without lower installation finished) is the bottom image.  FWIW, I think the Maxim is an inch or so longer than the Troy (since no proprietary BCG).  I know it's a bit longer than the MVB, see comparison here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/691127_My_review_and_comparison_on_the_MVB_ARC_Stock_and_Maxim_Defense_PDW_stock_.html

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/alt1/850/850203.jpg

Or this
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000MQ2wdm2VRCI/fit=1000x750/lwrc-six8-pdw.jpg

Two things with these type stocks are A: They're pretty frickin expensive, and B: They're other alternatives out there that significantly cut down on stock length but at a lesser price point (LWRC UICW for one).

View Quote

I handled, but didn't shoot, the LWRC stock on a factory SBR at my LGS.

It was actually more comfortable to handle than I expected.

I'm currently debating doing a "future PDW" or "Mk18 Mod 0" build for a SBR lower I had.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]
There's been quite a bit of discussion on PDW's recently.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/697179_AR_PDW_Owners__come_on_down_.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

There's been quite a bit of discussion on PDW's recently.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/697179_AR_PDW_Owners__come_on_down_.html
View Quote
Yes, there has. I can't help but think it might be because a few things in play. 41F or P whatever it is being called. Also, I think most of us security minded folks want a uber small AR type of weapon that is easy to pack around should they find themselves in a situation where you need a little more fire power than your CCW. I know I personally tote my CZ Scorpion SBR to and from the office daily and no one even looks at me funny. Of course it is in a messenger bag.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1960s ergonomics, talk about what's old is new again.  Stocks like MP5 or G3 A3 and original CAR stock, the early "PDW" stocks were either fully extended or fully collapsed. Like the MP5 and G3 A3 stock, it's cool to look at but a pain to shoot with (some "PDW" stocks have addressed the cheek weld issue)

Most of thse "PDW" stocks need to be deployed before you can shoulder it and get a proper cheek weld, though that's a misnomer really, what kind of cheek weld can you obtain when your cheek bone is resting on a metal rod.  If it's in your coat or vehicle a lot, then the hassle of having to deploy it first is somewhat offset by the compact size.

Compared to modern M4 telescopic stocks, most of them can be shouldered with a good cheek weld without the user having to do a thing.  For the few inches it saves, it's not worth the poor cheek weld pre or post deployment (for many of them), proprietary parts (for many of them), and the extra time it takes to properly use it, the end doesn't justify the means.
View Quote

Agree on all points. Wire against the cheek bone is a recipe for uncomfortable shooting. Worse with a G3 or AK w/wire folder or underfolder than a 5.56, but still no bueno unless you have to have the PDW look.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
1960s ergonomics, talk about what's old is new again.  Stocks like MP5 or G3 A3 and original CAR stock, the early "PDW" stocks were either fully extended or fully collapsed. Like the MP5 and G3 A3 stock, it's cool to look at but a pain to shoot with (some "PDW" stocks have addressed the cheek weld issue)

Most of thse "PDW" stocks need to be deployed before you can shoulder it and get a proper cheek weld, though that's a misnomer really, what kind of cheek weld can you obtain when your cheek bone is resting on a metal rod.  If it's in your coat or vehicle a lot, then the hassle of having to deploy it first is somewhat offset by the compact size.

Compared to modern M4 telescopic stocks, most of them can be shouldered with a good cheek weld without the user having to do a thing.  For the few inches it saves, it's not worth the poor cheek weld pre or post deployment (for many of them), proprietary parts (for many of them), and the extra time it takes to properly use it, the end doesn't justify the means.
View Quote

I guess part of the appeal is I always wanted an MP5 BUT I wasn't willing to spend the kind of money necessary to get one, and those that are in my reach are all somewhat questionable Turkish/Paki copies.Full auto is still a dream at this point; I've got more important things on the to-buy list than an investment such as that.

The AR platform has really swept the rug from under the subgun market including flagship of the breed, the MP5 (and for good reason), and given how relatively inexpensive high quality examples are with the market being what it is I made the logical decision to pursue SBR ARs instead. Still attracted to the MP5 though; Operation Nimrod, Die Hard, Half Life. The thing was everywhere in my childhood and my boyish want stuck with me till now.

I already own a pretty decent copy of the mk18 mod 0, complete with a "true" stock that you can get a consistent cheek weld on. I guess with this one I'm treating it more like a toy because, quite frankly, most of my guns are.

Just wish they weren't so God Damned expensive!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I guess part of the appeal is I always wanted an MP5 BUT I wasn't willing to spend the kind of money necessary to get one, and those that are in my reach are all somewhat questionable Turkish/Paki copies.Full auto is still a dream at this point; I've got more important things on the to-buy list than an investment such as that.

The AR platform has really swept the rug from under the subgun market including flagship of the breed, the MP5 (and for good reason), and given how relatively inexpensive high quality examples are with the market being what it is I made the logical decision to pursue SBR ARs instead. Still attracted to the MP5 though; Operation Nimrod, Die Hard, Half Life. The thing was everywhere in my childhood and my boyish want stuck with me till now.

I already own a pretty decent copy of the mk18 mod 0, complete with a "true" stock that you can get a consistent cheek weld on. I guess with this one I'm treating it more like a toy because, quite frankly, most of my guns are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could always go with a Mac 10 or 11 and a lage upper.  Would only put you back $6k or so after stamp, not counting a pistol can.  That's my master plan for my first machine gun.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you want an HK roller locked 9mm, they're not hard to find, clones are often as good as the original.  A semi SBR HK94 or equivalent is pretty fun to shoot and own, you should just get it instead of trying to make an AR into an MP5, which essentially describes these PDW stocks.

An idea probably born of the M231 port firing weapon's wire stock, mating that to an AR15 or M16 makes as much sense as using an emergency spare tire full time, on purpose.  Just because you can, you shouldn't.

Whereas an AR15 stock can work on other systems and is often superior to their original stocks, the reverse isn't always true.  Replacing AR15's telescopic stocks with wire tubes and a tiny metal butt pad is a huge step backward, in my opinion it's a disservice to the system.
View Quote

I know what you're saying and I think you are correct, but like I said since I started the thread I sat down and thought what I wanted to do, or rather what purpose will this second sbr serve. I've got serious work guns, I don't have any cool toys however and that's what I think I want.

For getting an mp5, for the prices I rather get a 9mm AR upper to add to my SBR collection than spend the cash breaking into a new platform. I dig the mp5, just not enough to seriously want to get into one. The mags look hella expensive too, and since I'm a competitionist one purchase will lead to an almost never ending amount of purchases until I feel like I have a whole set. I'm quite happy with my AR supply.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it. I guess the best part of going the pdw route is if I hate it I can turn around and sell it for little lose; not an expensive mistake.

NP - I think the Mac guns are cool but I think most of their appeal comes from their price point, not anything particular to the platform. Granted, with them being the most popular FA gun (I'm assuming) there are a buch of accessories out there for them that can really make them excellent like the Lage uppers, but I'm not of the mindset that FA is awesome just for FA. I've never shot one though so that may change.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you want an HK roller locked 9mm, they're not hard to find, clones are often as good as the original.  A semi SBR HK94 or equivalent is pretty fun to shoot and own, you should just get it instead of trying to make an AR into an MP5, which essentially describes these PDW stocks.

An idea probably born of the M231 port firing weapon's wire stock, mating that to an AR15 or M16 makes as much sense as using an emergency spare tire full time, on purpose.  Just because you can, you shouldn't.

Whereas an AR15 stock can work on other systems and is often superior to their original stocks, the reverse isn't always true.  Replacing AR15's telescopic stocks with wire tubes and a tiny metal butt pad is a huge step backward, in my opinion it's a disservice to the system.
View Quote

Are there any of the PDW stocks or systems that you would recommend?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#28]
No.  Get a MP5 or clone if you want that look.  Otherwise stick with a comfortable AR stock.  The LWRC ultra compact is a great little stock for a little SBR.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well given that the big negative he brought up was the lack of a solid and stable cheek weld, I'd assume the only one close to satisfying that would be the one NorthPolar posted; the Battle Arms Development Vert Stock. It has interchangeable cheek shelves that can be bolted on or left off entirely, and is probably the one I'm going to go with. It also does not require a propitiatory BCG.

Not to put words in anyone's mouth.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I feel like if you really need a rifle to fold down to that small of an OAL for getting and out of vehicles or whatnot, the LAW type folding stock setup makes more sense and let's you use regular stocks and buffers.  Either that or get a rifle that comes with a folder like the SCAR 16.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#32]
To me I think there a little gimmicky since I never run my ARs with the stock fully collapsed.  I run all my collapsible stock guns a certain length so even the pdw stocks will be same as my magpuls, bcm, b5, etc, etc
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I feel like if you really need a rifle to fold down to that small of an OAL for getting and out of vehicles or whatnot, the LAW type folding stock setup makes more sense and let's you use regular stocks and buffers.  Either that or get a rifle that comes with a folder like the SCAR 16.
View Quote

I agree.

All my ARs have Vltor A5 REs with A5H4 buffers for reliability. If I needed an ultra compact rifle I would go with the SCAR or something else with a folding stock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/GreenGoose/media/BattleArms_zpsuv6atyn5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y396/GreenGoose/BattleArms_zpsuv6atyn5.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/GreenGoose/media/BattleArms%20PDW_zpsxmcbdzig.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y396/GreenGoose/BattleArms%20PDW_zpsxmcbdzig.jpg</a>
View Quote

Look pretty neato burrito! Can you run the VERT without the cheek piece? I'm assuming you can but I'm having a hard time digging up a pic of one without the shelf.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Look pretty neato burrito! Can you run the VERT without the cheek piece? I'm assuming you can but I'm having a hard time digging up a pic of one without the shelf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/GreenGoose/media/BattleArms_zpsuv6atyn5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y396/GreenGoose/BattleArms_zpsuv6atyn5.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/GreenGoose/media/BattleArms%20PDW_zpsxmcbdzig.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y396/GreenGoose/BattleArms%20PDW_zpsxmcbdzig.jpg</a>

Just 4 screws holding on the carbon fiber cheek piece, so I guess you could.  However, the carbon fiber cheek piece is what differentiates it from most other PDW stocks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I had the Troy version and installed it. My impressions were: increased recoil, bad cheek weld, awkward to use, heavy, and expensive.  In other words, don't waste your money. It's 99% gimmick unless you really, really need to shave a couple inches.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just 4 screws holding on the carbon fiber cheek piece, so I guess you could.  However, the carbon fiber cheek piece is what differentiates it from most other PDW stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually molded Kydex.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From Battle Arms speck sheet: "Sleek carbon fiber kydex"
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought an LWRC UICW stock kit.

I am an extremely fickle bird sometimes, huh?

I still think the PDW stocks are the bees knees, but at their price point . To put it in perspective, my whole second SBR upper with sights, BCG, charging handle, everything, was right at $500, and none of that is second rate budget items. The stock kit would roughly equal my entire upper, something's wrong here.

I think (hope) as time goes on the prices start to drop but we'll see. Thanks again for all your input here guys, God knows I need it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not just the MP5 that's helping sell these, don't forget the Honey Badger.

FWIW, I find my PDW stock to be plenty comfortable and it saves a good 3-4 inches in length over the standard collapsible stock.  I don't think it's worth the length savings on most rifles, but this is for a 9mm PDW with 5.5" barrel - minimizing size and length was a key objective.  Would I trust my life to it?  Ask me again in a couple thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm glad, though I'm no fan of these short stocks either, they're at least identical in stock operations, lighter, with fewer parts and better cheek weld.  When LMT's short stock comes out, I might get one to add to the collection.
View Quote

"Ah crap, LMT is making a short stock too?! Better check it out to see if I made a mistake on jumping on the lwcr..."

Pffttt, really? So it's a slightly cut down UCIW stock, but then add $300. Right.

Then again if I recall correctly wasn't LMT the original supplier of the SOPMOD, which they were selling for over $300, until B5 came around and started selling them for under $100? If I'm right that's business as usual I guess.

Forgot about the Honey Badger, but then again who hasn't forgotten about the HB.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I had the Troy version and installed it. My impressions were: increased recoil, bad cheek weld, awkward to use, heavy, and expensive.  In other words, don't waste your money. It's 99% gimmick unless you really, really need to shave a couple inches.
View Quote

Don't forget prone to horrible malfunctions.  The roll pin holding the proprietary buffer to the BCG works itself out as the BCG heats up and cools down... subsequently lodging itself in the forward assist's channel, requiring a dicey disassembly of the gun with a round partially chambered.  I saw this happen in around 2300 rounds over the space of two days.

They might look cool, but I would relegate such a stock to the safe or the range - anywhere else and you're asking for trouble.  No thanks.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No.  Get a MP5 or clone if you want that look.  Otherwise stick with a comfortable AR stock.  The LWRC ultra compact is a great little stock for a little SBR.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top