Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:29:03 PM EDT
I am trying to get a few pics together of what modified widened or re-angled feed ramps should look like in our 7.62x39 uppers for a fellow member who seems to have a feed ramp issue in his. Mags are ASC and even tried downloading them 1 to 2 rounds. When the rounds are hand cycled or fired they get heavy scoring on them in the from the tip of the 2 feed ramp lugs.

Can you post some pics?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
check the mags also.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup he did, I edited the post to reflect.

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Some factory ramps that work:

Bushmaster (works fine):

Model 1 (works fine):
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished these for my 6.5mm PCC wildcat round (AR-15) they will work for up to .30 caliber.
A good ramp job should look something like this:

Good Luck,
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am trying to get a few pics together of what modified widened or re-angled feed ramps should look like in our 7.62x39 uppers for a fellow member who seems to have a feed ramp issue in his. Mags are ASC and even tried downloading them 1 to 2 rounds. When the rounds are hand cycled or fired they get heavy scoring on them in the from the tip of the 2 feed ramp lugs.

Can you post some pics?

Thanks

Polishing the feed ramps worked for me
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the pics.  I was surprised to see the pic with the single wide feed ramp.  I understand that the picture was stock barrel made that way, but does anyone know if it is safe to mod a Colt Sporter barrel to a single feed ramp as shown in that picture?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]

I went a little further to extend and polish the feedramps (320 to 2000 grit) on the upper half as well.  The gun runs wonderfully since I've done this mod.  Over 2500rds downrange now.  I run all 30rd ASC or CP mags to 25rds and have no problems with feeding.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top