Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2014 11:27:01 AM EDT
I've searched like hell on this and haven't come up with anything...

Do any of you know if anyone makes one? Is it right in front of me and I just suck royally at searching?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I built one sort of.  Used an LAR-Ops4 right hand side charging upper, then just mounted the gas block backwards to block the gas.  Makes for a really slick straight pull action.  Very quiet as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a 24" 5.56 in "gassless" fashion.  Removed the gas tube, flipped the block around, like suggested above.  I'm not sure if I wanna do a sidecharging on it, or just get a good quality charging handle.  I just added a bigger latch on to mine for now, but I know that won't last forever.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Only thing I've seen is the Troy defense PAR.

Very little info HERE

Little bit more info HERE

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I built one sort of.  Used an LAR-Ops4 right hand side charging upper, then just mounted the gas block backwards to block the gas.  Makes for a really slick straight pull action.  Very quiet as well.
View Quote

Ditto, but I mounted a MicroMOA adjustable gas block with one position ON and one position gas OFF.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#5]

The rifle on the right is a bolt action 300. YM/Mega side charger with the gas block turned around when I want it to be manual cycle only. Did it that way so I could use it to hunt in PA. I moved before I ever got the chance to hunt with it though.

The rifle across the bottom is a 6.5 Grendel side charger. I built it a year and a half ago and haven't fired a shot out of it yet. I need to get to the range. There are three or four virgins in my safe.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Good info, y'all. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a single shot upper with a charging handle on the left side if your interested.
There is no gas port drilled and it cannot be made to work with a gas system.
Here's a crappy pic with a 16" BLK barrel and 15.5" tube with a YHM Wraith XD can.

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Also did the reverse gas block on this.  Side charging would be nice but built it on a blem Aero Cop upper.

This would simulate side charging on a standard upper but is pricey at $150:

http://www.gfgear.com/charging-handles/ar-15/gfg-side-charger
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top