Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:03:22 PM EDT
Is anyone using one of these? Thoughts vs. the ACE Pistol Buffer or even the RRA pistol buffer?

I'm trying to decide whether to pay the extra money for the PWS or just stick with a conventional pistol buffer assembly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one on mine and have nothing but good to say about it.  I like the attachment point which works well with a single point sling.  My gun has functioned flawlessly since built in 7.62 x 39.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I went ahead and ordered one. Figured I'd give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, I went ahead and ordered one. Figured I'd give it a try.

Let us know how you like it.  I will be picking a pistol up hopefully at the end of the year and am interested in this buffer tube.

Chad
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and really like it. The QD sockets are nice and it seems to be over all well built and robust.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Just use a cheap milspec buffer tube. There is no need to use a specialized tube.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just use a cheap milspec buffer tube. There is no need to use a specialized tube.

Other then they look better,are foam covered and more comfortable on the cheek.

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

the standard tube is cheaper and is easier to use if the owner chooses to make a kit from their pistol.

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the standard tube is cheaper and is easier to use if the owner chooses to make a kit from their pistol.

And wanting to make a kit is found where in this thread?

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And wanting a foam covered buffer extension is found where in this thread?

Fact is many have m4 buffer tubes lying around. There is no need to purchase a "pistol" buffer tube.

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
s

Always gotta argue a point they know nothing about.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And wanting a foam covered buffer extension is found where in this thread?

Fact is many have m4 buffer tubes lying around. There is no need to purchase a "pistol" buffer tube.

You do know that a M4 RE is not legal as a pistol RE without a lot of modification?

The benefit of a pistol specific RE is the method of attaching sling points, a foam cover.  If you want cheap plain Jane, then a rifle RE is what you need.

For the OP, I have the PWS pistol RE and a ACE ultra lite.  Both work very well.

PWS

Ace.  When I get the SBR stamp I can add the butt plate.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#12]
There is nothing illegal and no modification needed to use an M4 buffer tube. I put a foam cover on my CAR buffer tube.
Dave N
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Couldn't using an M4 buffer be considered "constructive intent" to build an SBR since all you would have to do is slide the buttstock over the M4 buffer tube?
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The buffer tube is legal according to the ATF. Having a loose butt stock readily available to put on it "Could" be a violation. But then I have vertical grips also. It's not a violation until you install them. If you are concerned, buy pistol tube. I put a foam cover on my CAR buffer tube. It's not readily able to put a stock on.
Dave N
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you mind elaborating on the "easier to use" part?

Link Posted: 12/14/2011 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The buffer tube is legal according to the ATF.

Could you cite the source, I can't find this info?

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You do know that a M4 RE is not legal as a pistol RE without a lot of modification?

The benefit of a pistol specific RE is the method of attaching sling points, a foam cover.  If you want cheap plain Jane, then a rifle RE is what you need.

For the OP, I have the PWS pistol RE and a ACE ultra lite.  Both work very well.

PWS
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/AR15/PWS01.jpg

Ace.  When I get the SBR stamp I can add the butt plate.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/AR15/re01.jpg

I actually ended up with the same thing - a PWS pistol RE and an ACE ARUL with both entry and rifle length REs.

The costs were minimal in the long run and now I have multiple configuration options.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top