Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2013 9:14:29 AM EDT
can i fit a carbine quad rail like a yhm on a 7.5 barrel. im assuming the gas tube might not fit right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If your using a Free Float Carbine rail and a low Profile gas block, it should fit fine, If not. then more info from you is required.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
yes i would be using a low profile gas block
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
mine works just fine with a low pro gas block
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my 7.5" upper with a 7" handguard. You're gonna want to use a linear comp to direct the gases forward and prevent damage to your rail (and your hands )http://i.imgur.com/N7ii0JZl.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just make sure you choose a rail that fits over your comp.  Check dimensions before buying.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
How far does the pistol barrel (not the flash hider) stick out from the end of the handguard, if at all?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just chopped a standard f marked post, cut the bayo lug and sling mount off and hit it on my metal sander fit fine.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
^ This is what I was considering, it looks damned good.  Yep, my mind is made up.

Now for Aero to get their Carbine-length COP in stock...
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Above is my 7.5 inch barreled pistol with a YHM pistol length Lightweight Free Float hand guard. The YHM page for these says mine is 4.17 inches. The Carbine length is listed at 7.29 inches. Looks like you may be fine, depending on what muzzle device you select.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Just a quick note before you spend the money...

If you are looking for the "enclosed Pig" look, that's a 9 inch rail with a 7.5 barrel.  The carbine rail with the 7.5 will show 3 inches of Pig (most of it will stick out).

With the 7.5 and the carbine rail you can get away with some of the normal flash hiders.  (I have a vltor flash/brake extended on my YHM carbine railed 7.5 barreled upper and that is just far enough not to gas the rail).
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just chopped a standard f marked post, cut the bayo lug and sling mount off and hit it on my metal sander fit fine.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/6jodg0.jpg
View Quote

I'll need a towel... thank you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/6jodg0.jpg

Hah you like that?  Never had a pistol AR just threw it together with a sun devil forged lower and parts laying around in the garage, other than the barrel and sound diverter, the little fucker runs like a top.  Things a mutt, keyhole upper, sun devil lower, colt fa BCG with an old chopped A1 grip, no idea what the rail is it's a $200 dollar parts gun
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top