Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:11:40 PM EDT
Title says it all. I'm planning a pistol build with a SigBrace, and I much prefer 2-point slings vs single point. So other than a QD/sling attachment end plate, what is everyone using for a rear sling mount?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
have a QD endplate on a couple a cqd on another
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Magpul ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul ASAP.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So is there nothing but end plate options? No sling point for outward on the brace?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Not unless you like prison food.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since I'm new to AR pistols, please explain.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't mess with the brace.  Do not glue it. Do not cut it. Do not take the strap off. Do not stuff it. Do not modify it in any way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Whose tube isthat?

edit: now I see the link
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't mess with the brace.  Do not glue it. Do not cut it. Do not take the strap off. Do not stuff it. Do not modify it in any way.
View Quote

This do not modify the brace in anyway. I use the magpul ASAP
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, then, ok, I'll just use a end plat with a sling mount on it.

Does anyone attempt to make this a 2-point set up, or only a 1 point since the end plate is not far rearward?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Easy as pie. Just loop the sling around the brace strap. Zero give. Nice and solid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]

That looks very uncomfortable in use with the brace...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Easy as pie. Just loop the sling around the brace strap. Zero give. Nice and solid.
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/hipower90hipower/media/SampWE1911WC1494_zps275fdb8b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/hipower90hipower/SampWE1911WC1494_zps275fdb8b.jpg</a>
View Quote

I would not do that, your flirting with prison.

The end plate mount is no different any other AR15 you can easily mount a sling attachment point on the for end to make it a two point. I prefer single point slings though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/hipower90hipower/media/SampWE1911WC1494_zps275fdb8b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/hipower90hipower/SampWE1911WC1494_zps275fdb8b.jpg</a>

. Oh for crying out loud....  Wrapping a piece of webbing around the existing piece of webbing does not make the brace a stock.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree with cbr...would not worry about prison for attaching sling at rear of brace...I use the ASAP on pistol for single point but can go 2 point.  The damage industries tube works but is super uncomfortable to shoulder. ..if you do that sort of nefarious thing.  Since the Sig brace is designed for those with physical issues...what if you had super skinny arms and needed to shave half of the flaps off to fit ?  That would not change the intent or purpose of the brace or the functionality. In fact it seems like it would provide less of a stock like feature.  I guess we need a letter from ATF to ask a question of ATF
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Atf Has cleared shouldering the brace for those that didn't know.

Check the scans of letters thread at the top. Last page of the thread.

I printed a copy of it and stashed it in my grip in case of anyone hassling me about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
No more letters or a good thing will go away. We keep pushing it on pistols we will all be buying stamps which we are trying to avoid if possible.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No more letters or a good thing will go away. We keep pushing it on pistols we will all be buying stamps which we are trying to avoid if possible.
View Quote

i just used a qd end plate like from noveske, but i like the idea of using the straps on the brace!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought a couple of these when he first started and it was before the Magpul ASAP sling plate. Have them on all my builds
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I found that the Blue Force Gear "Burnsed Socket" fits the Sig brace strap perfect and it provides a QD attachment point.

If you run the Sig strap through it right, it's a solid mount.

KAK tube + Sig brace + Burnsed socket = WIN!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I found that the Blue Force Gear "Burnsed Socket" fits the Sig brace strap perfect and it provides a QD attachment point.

If you run the Sig strap through it right, it's a solid mount.

KAK tube + Sig brace + Burnsed socket = WIN!
View Quote

Now that's the info I was looking for - thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#24]
[/URL]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#25]
" />
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#26]

I just ordered a couple. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup leave it ALONE
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, then, ok, I'll just use a end plat with a sling mount on it.

Does anyone attempt to make this a 2-point set up, or only a 1 point since the end plate is not far rearward?
View Quote

I handled one the other day and these things are just the right thing for a single point. I typically like a two point but the single point is the way to go with a pistol...IMO

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bought a couple of these when he first started and it was before the Magpul ASAP sling plate. Have them on all my builds
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0407/0257/products/2_grande.jpg?v=1395276220
View Quote

Thanks hadn't seen these....looks like I have a plate to order.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup leave it ALONE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup leave it ALONE

Oh NO!  Don't put a lanyard on a pistol!  We haven't been given express permission to do that!

Neva been dun b'fo

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I would argue that by putting a sling on the "Stabilizing Strap" you have modified it to an accessory attachment device. At the least it would be an unintended dual function.  I would just avoid the argument.  It is a cool thing, I wouldn't want to fuck it up for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Omg you can take the strap off just fine.
I am modifing my SB15 and shouldering it.

I like that QD strap. I think I want to pick one up.
Link to buy one?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Not using it and changing it to do something else are different things. Do what you will.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#34]
depends on the rig. with my 7.5 i used the cqd rear plate. but on my law tac folder I have to use either a flush or a center QD since the cqd when folding hits the reciever which sucks
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not using it and changing it to do something else are different things. Do what you will.
View Quote

It doesn't matter, its approved to shoulder anyway. Just likes its always been. The ATF does not give a sht about the Sb15 brace.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Its approved to shoulder. Just likes its always been. The ATF does not give a sht about the Sb15 brace.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its approved to shoulder. Just likes its always been. The ATF does not give a sht about the Sb15 brace.

I hope you are right.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I hope you are right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right.

They will have ADA issues if they outlaw it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top