Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:43:39 AM EDT
S/N SP-1 51717

Colt lower, M-16 A1 upper.

Siezed then 'Lost' by Md. LE some years ago.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like Md. LE owes somebody an AR.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm lost here
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm lost here

He wants to find his rifle. Then he might, hah, be able to prosecute the fucking thief that stole it. Fat chance if he is wearing a badge.

I hate a thief. One who uses his position to steal is even worse. Preacher, cop, or banker I don't care.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm lost here

He wants to find his rifle. Then he might, hah, be able to prosecute the fucking thief that stole it. Fat chance if he is wearing a badge.

I hate a thief. One who uses his position to steal is even worse. Preacher, cop, or banker I don't care.

Gotcha, limited detail I guess?

I've never understood how agencies "lose" evidence.  That's a bunch of horse shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean like the US govt' 'Lost' 8 billion or more of brand new $100 bills in Iraq?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Was it yours, OP?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You mean like the US govt' 'Lost' 8 billion or more of brand new $100 bills in Iraq?

There was a story about that after the first one. The iraqis actually lost them, by placing where they were supposed to go, after they misplaced them lol.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
All I know is that we sent $12 billion in brand new, 100 dollar bills shrink wrapped onto pallets, in C-130's, over to Iraq. I heard an interview with the #2 guy in the treasury and he said that approximately 8.5 billion was still unaccounted for. I would love to hear of any follow-ups on this, but basically this is another reason why everyone in the Federal government who is asking for my vote this year is going to get a FU letter instead of a vote. I'm going to send them a polite form letter just like they send us. "Thank you for soliciting my vote, but at this time I feel unable, or rather so pissed off at your incompetence and the incompetence of those who surround you that after voting for the last 32 years without fail, I have decided that my vote means absolutely squat. I am therefore sending you this letter with the certain intention of telling you and your money-grubbing cronies in Washington to go pound salt. Have a great day."  Just a first draft, but frankly, I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I about shit golden twinkies when I read that stolen serial #!! My SP1 W/Colt M16A1 upper is SP1715XX!! Even though I am the one who put the Brand new Colt Factory complete A1 upper on it, I was still like WTF!! I hope they find the missing rifle and bastard that stole it. If it was taken from the Police, someone needs to be asking better questions to better people! Thats just not right...
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All I know is that we sent $12 billion in brand new, 100 dollar bills shrink wrapped onto pallets, in C-130's, over to Iraq. I heard an interview with the #2 guy in the treasury and he said that approximately 8.5 billion was still unaccounted for. I would love to hear of any follow-ups on this, but basically this is another reason why everyone in the Federal government who is asking for my vote this year is going to get a FU letter instead of a vote. I'm going to send them a polite form letter just like they send us. "Thank you for soliciting my vote, but at this time I feel unable, or rather so pissed off at your incompetence and the incompetence of those who surround you that after voting for the last 32 years without fail, I have decided that my vote means absolutely squat. I am therefore sending you this letter with the certain intention of telling you and your money-grubbing cronies in Washington to go pound salt. Have a great day."  Just a first draft, but frankly, I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.

Man, If I'd have been on that flight, I would have spent the entire time cutting up newspapers to the size of $100 bills.  With 2 or 3 top and bottom, who's to know?

ka
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel your pain OP, our family was ripped off by LE several years back.
Still like to think there's some good apples on the force, but I fear all the seasoned guys took an early (forced) retirement.

Good luck getting the SP back, I hope it works out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't mince words Morg...tell us what you really think!
Refreshing,
Ralph

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm confused.  Is this a retro thread, a cop-bashing thread or an election thread?
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm confused.  Is this a retro thread, a cop-bashing thread or an election thread?

D.  All of the Above
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Consider it multi-tasking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to be sure nobody burned their hands on it.

And YES it was an inside job in P.G. County Md.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think it's about 8.5 billion dollars that should have gone to ME!  

I would have put it to much better use.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah, PG county. It's legendary in the national capital region.

These cops?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/15/police-officers-arrested-pg-county-corruption-crac/

Or these cops?

http://www.fbi.gov/baltimore/press-releases/2011/superseding-indictment-charges-prince-george2019s-county-police-officer-and-his-co-defendant-with-corruption-drug-trafficking-and-firearms-violations

Or these cops? Lord love a duck, forty-six of them!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/28/AR2010112803410.html

Or maybe this cop? (Actually I think he was in the first link too. But it gets confusing, there are ninety-something-thousand hits on "pg county police corruption.")

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/09/chong-chen-kim-former-p-g-county-officer-pleads-guilty-in-untaxed-cigarette-case-66880.html

What we called, in the Army, a "target-rich environment." Most cops are good guys and professionally clean and honest, but corruption is like corrosion: give it a toehold and leave it untreated, and mirabile dictu, it spreads.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's about 8.5 billion dollars that should have gone to ME!  

I would have put it to much better use.

Stand and Deliver!  (re your Dennis Moore sig)
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Riding through the land, with no merry band?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was indirectly involved in what became of some of that. in 2007-2008 and in 2010 (my 3rd and 4th tours respectively) we handed out brand freakin new bills to the locals for various things. In reality it was like "here's some money, now like us pretty please". I'm quite certain a pretty good sized chunk of that money bought weapons for the opposition, especially in Afghanistan during my 2010 deployment. After all, why buy IED components when we give you radios to listen to the government radio station.  In Iraq in 07-08, I'm sure that some weapons were probably bought but not anywhere near the amount that this happened in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, way before that. Corrupt then, corrupt now. (Not all but it's there).

74? weapons 'disappeared' . The weapon listed was one of them. Most were EBR's. I have no further info or S/N's on the other weapons.

The weapon today would be worth a bit. But it is listed as STOLEN and untaxed/contraband.

So 'Favorite' this link on your smart phone or keep the S/N handy so next time you see an original SP-1 check the S/N and don't get burned.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top