Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:20:40 AM EDT
hey guys watching black hawk down with the girl last night and i was kinda curious if anyone ever did a delta force clone of their rifles ? and if so how it turned out? or any ideas what might be a good stand in for their rifles.

thinking at that point shouldve been colts 6920 ? that delta was porbably using or thats what it looked like on the movie.

i know parts are almost impossible to find but once they are hopefully we beat the liberals maybe i could get on this build :)
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt 727 type carbine...
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
your gonna need an upper with a carry handle, so the 6920 wouldn't work since its a flat top. Also your going to need to get the older style carbine stock (sorry forgetting the name). Then get a  aimpoint mounted on top of the aimpoint and some krylon and you would be good to go.   If you want to go full on clone you get yourself a stamp and grab the suppressor. I would love to see this as a  clone, its KISS like. very light and simple.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I would use a flattop either way, that Aimpoint is way up there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
your gonna need an upper with a carry handle, so the 6920 wouldn't work since its a flat top. Also your going to need to get the older style carbine stock (sorry forgetting the name). Then get a  aimpoint mounted on top of the aimpoint and some krylon and you would be good to go.   If you want to go full on clone you get yourself a stamp and grab the suppressor. I would love to see this as a  clone, its KISS like. very light and simple.

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/bhd4jg4.jpg/" target="_blank">http://imageshack.us/a/img163/6682/bhd4jg4.jpg</a>

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/bc/BHD_Commando_Flashlight.jpg/600px-BHD_Commando_Flashlight.jpg

i would love to go full clone man, but my state is a none nfa state unless your working for a nfa stamped company like Controlled chaos would love to see that repelled but right now just love to still have the right to own ar15's...

could you explained the flashlight attachment i have never seen that before and that is a flashlight right not somthing silly like old school lasers ?

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/bhd4jg4.jpg/" target="_blank">http://imageshack.us/a/img163/6682/bhd4jg4.jpg</a>

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/bc/BHD_Commando_Flashlight.jpg/600px-BHD_Commando_Flashlight.jpg

i would love to go full clone man, but my state is a none nfa state unless your working for a nfa stamped company like Controlled chaos would love to see that repelled but right now just love to still have the right to own ar15's...

could you explained the flashlight attachment i have never seen that before and that is a flashlight right not somthing silly like old school lasers ?

those guns are hollywood ones how do we know if they are delta force guns?

ETA the light mount looks like a shotgun light clamp mount very cheap but effective.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
They used Aimpoint 9000s in 93 the CompMXD wasnt even out yet.Some were hybrids as the M4 fixed handle was just coming into service in that time with Delta and Seals you see M4 uppers on full-auto capable A1 carbine lowers or 653 carbine lowers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

those guns are hollywood ones how do we know if they are delta force guns?

ETA the light mount looks like a shotgun light clamp mount very cheap but effective.

were not talking actual delta fore, in the movie these guys with the carbine are delta force and thats what im basing this off of.

if it was real delta whom knows what their using theose guys have their own gov spending budget.... for all we know there using lasers lol... (sarcasm)

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
In the book it says what they were carrying I think its a good representation of the weapons used for real.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They used Aimpoint 9000s in 93 the CompMXD wasnt even out yet.Some were hybrids as the M4 fixed handle was just coming into service in that time with Delta and Seals you see M4 uppers on full-auto capable A1 carbine lowers or 653 carbine lowers.

Wouldn't they be Aimpoint 3000s?

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Where to find a Old style Colt ot Clone style Colt stock to fot a Mil-Spec Buffer tube?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Might get more traction in the A2 or Retro forum.  Lots of BHD tribute rifles have been built.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where to find a Old style Colt ot Clone style Colt stock to fot a Mil-Spec Buffer tube?

Fulton Armory has A1 and A2 stocks last time I looked.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
hey guys watching black hawk down with the girl last night and i was kinda curious if anyone ever did a delta force clone of their rifles ?

Oh vey.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
For some reason I always thought 9000 but yea 3000 sounds rightI know its what ever generation was before CompMXD and CompM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's a clone of a Colt RO 723 I put together a couple of years ago, using an actual photo of the time. Colt 6520 with a Colt C7 upper and Aimpoint 3000.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't they be Aimpoint 3000s?  

Aimpoint 3000 and 5000 for sure and ARGUABLY (based on one photo) and COMP model Aimpoint for real rifles.  Some had the 3x magnifier as well, if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I was watching a movie called "The American" the other night with George Clooney and he had a Ruger M-14 which was pretty bad *ss.  Think i might want to replicate that gun myself.  Anyone else see it?

NJB
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#20]

for all we know there using lasers lol... (sarcasm)

laser are old school...all about the light-sabers

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#21]

This.

Lots of good information there.

The "proper" Aimpoints are the 3000 and 5000 models.

A lighting option is an old Surefire 6P with the early early bezel design.

The movie actually did a relatively good job on the weapons used by the principal actors - they are not 100% correct, but they are more correct than many movies.

Most distinctively - 3-75 appears to have had quite a few RO727s, while others had more RO723s with A1 sights.  

Also, the film used more contemporary (to the 2000-ish timeframe) accessories than those used historically, but of the right type - notably Aimpoint CompMs and other "short tube" Aimpoints, as well as newer Surefire 660 lights.  The painting may not be correct for the timeframe, either.  

~Augee
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top