AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dunnojack:
Hello,
I just joined and also completed my first build. Assembling the lower went well and passed function check. After completing the build went out back, I have a range, and discovered that the BCG is not picking up the next round and chambering it. Any ideas?
View Quote

I sent you a pm on the most likely cause and solution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello all,

I am new to the site and to guns in general. I recently purchased an PSA PA-15 5.56 10" with a Feyachi reflex sight. I am just getting things started and not sure of what direction I will go with this gun just yet. For now I am enjoying the fact that I have one and learn the in's and out's. I also have a S&W 2.0 9mm 4" as well. Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello AR15.com!  I am new to this site, but not to firearms.  My name is Jonny and I live in sweet home Alabama.  I love gun, knives, hunting, fishing, and offroading.  I served 4 years in the US Army as a Combat Field Medic.  Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  Looking forward to learning to navigate this new to me forum, and soaking up new gun knowledge!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
newly joined,
great to be aboard
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello, while I'm not new to firearms I am new to AR's with the exception of my military service I haven't shot an AR in many decades.
So I got the but to build one.
Starting out with a polymer 80 so if I screw up it won't cost me much.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
So I haven't had an AR in a while so I broke down and bought the Rock River LAR-15m Carbine. it has a nice Red Dot on it which I plan to sight in next week at my local shooting range. It's not that I don't shoot I have a S&W 40 2.0 shield with the integrated laser that I love. I also have one of the original Weaver Arms Nighthawks in 9mm purchased it in February of 1985 still have the Certificate of authenticity. I will admit I have no idea of how many rounds have gone through it. I also have Shotguns and Rifles although I will admit I love the 16 gauge bolt action and my 30-30. but I always want to know about the weapons I buy so here I am listening to what others think. This may be my first AR in a while but it won't be my last.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
New guy here! Still figuring things out. After 21 years in the Army (and another 29 retired) I bought an S&W M&P 15 Sport 2 with Crimson Trace 103 optic. Wild because it was the first NEW AR I'd ever fired! Like it but I'm trying to decide of I want new/better optics. Battery life is caca but batteries ARE free! Any suggestions? Looking at AT3 RD50, Phantom Tactical, or Ronin V10. Yeah, being retired I'm cheap. Otherwise lovin' that nice, tight, new AR. And Merry Christmas ya'll!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi, I’m Van and just started my first build/first AR.  20 year Army vet and looking forward to the challenge.  Going with a 5.56 pistol build with upper/complete lower from AeroPrecision.  Nickel Boron BCG from PSA.  Looking forward to seeing where this addiction takes me.  Already planning out my next build while waiting for the mail system to deliver pieces/parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the add.
Been into guns for about 8 years, started out a as complete newb in my late 30's knowing basically nothing as I didn't grow up around firearms.
I started with a Hi Point C9 and an Uncle Mike's holster and I have come a long way.
I'm now in law enforcement so I have a Glock duty weapon, my EDC is a Springfield (which will probably be replaced with a Glock this year), I have a a Kimber Custom I bought myself last year for turning 45 and a 1911 - 22 because I am a fudd and love 1911s and shooting 22 is just too much fun and economical.
Finally decided it was time for my first AR.  
Going with a build as I can spend a little at a time but wanted to get started asap due to the election.  (I bought the lower before the election). I'll be building a 16in carbine. Not absolute budget, but not going all out either.
Just ordered the rest of my parts to finish my lower.
Went with an Anderson stripped lower,  (pretty much the only one I could find), was gifted an MOE grip, trigger guard and mag catch.  
Just got a CMMG lower parts kit to get the selector switch, bolt catch, pivot pins, etc...that I didn't have. Also ordered an Aero precision carbine buffer kit and a Magpul MOE stock.
I did splurge a little and go with a Timney Impact trigger. Didn't have funds for anything more than that, but didn't want to just MOE either.  
Hope the parts come this weekend so I can get the lower built.

Don't know what I am doing with the upper yet, have been focused on the lower.  Can't really even find much now
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello everyone, just joined and so I thank you for adding me. While the AR platform is not completely alien to me as I have used my father's AR-308 to hunt, I wanted to have my own. Since I like to build things since I was a kid (started with lego's and tinker toys) I thought I would enjoy the challenge of building my own. I decided to try building two, a AR-15 chambered in .300 Blackout and an AR-9. I purchased two 80% lowers for my build which are on order. in the meantime I am looking at various items like triggers, grips, should I build my own upper or purchase one already assembled.

I am sure that I will learn and hear probably more information (and opinions) that I am anticipating. I am sure that I will also have about a thousand of questions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RobertAFett] [#13]
Thanks for letting me in.
Most of my shooting experience is with classic guns like the M1 Garand, but ammo can get expensive to feed her. Because of that I had been thinking about getting an AR for awhile. Long story short a good friend had one he was will to part with, a brand new, never been fired Core15.  I don't know much about the Core15 and the reviews I read weren't a whole lot of help. I did read were a couple people had the shells getting stuck in the chamber. If anyone has experience with them I would love to hear your thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome everyone
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Hi Folks! I’ve been shooting my whole life but I am new to ARs. I shot my brothers AR a handful of times and I decided that building your own sounded like to much fun to pass up. I just finished my first build and it went very well. Thanks too a lot of good info from this site and YouTube I now have my first AR(more to follow). I did an Aero Precision build and am very happy with the results. I put an acog on top and orders 200 rounds of 556 from optics planet which is all I was able to find during the pandemic pandemonium. I had a few light primer strikes and thanks to the info already present on the forum I determined that I installed the hammer spring backwards! Womp Womp. Well, it’s all set and the problem has vanished....along with my ammo.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Z_Rice0042/p/2aac9754-6667-45bb-8b31-524fb269f090
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hello, I joined a little less than a month ago, just found this thread. Pic attached of my first AR, parts and sections of it anyway. The 16" upper was my first upper,
the only upper that I own that was bought complete. It is a Sabre Defence, purchased years ago  from a gun store in central MN. The Eotech is a newer addition.
The Lower on the other rifle was my first lower,  purchased from SSG Tactical in Fredericksburg, VA. That rifle is based around an 18" rifle length gas system stainless Green Mountain barrel and a Geissele G2S trigger.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:29:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CptSpig] [#18]
Double Post
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey all! I've been a member for some time but never really did much besides see what the hive had to say about this or that. This week I thought, "Screw it!" Tired of the sidelines so I'll take a shot and throw my AR into the ring. Here you go. My Radical AR. Originally painted by my daughter but I added some this week because 4 of 5 months off recovering from rotator cuff surgery and let's face it, and I'm bored outta ma mind! Thoughts?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome! Nice paint job on the AR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CptSpig:
Welcome! Nice paint job on the AR.
View Quote

Thank you so much. My daughter, who's an art major, ended up painting 4 different guns for people after they'd seen mine at the range. Worked out great- she charged $50 each for nice paint jobs, and she got some spending money. She also painted this 10.5" but it has since been modified recently with a midnight digital type color scheme. (refer to original post about time off boredom)

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Hello! New to this forum and AR's in general. I've shot all my life, but it was always the more "conventional" route (levers, bolts, trap shooting). I'm going to be starting my build in the next month or so. For lower, well....I'm going with a 0%.
It's going to be a fun journey! Finding all the dimensions of everything on the lower was a challenge, a lot of the prints I found are missing some info. I finally finished the 3d model and got it programmed. Just need to build some fixturing now...

Oh, I should mention; I have my own machine shop and a Class 7 license. I do occasional prototype work for a local arms company and that was their one big requirement. :-D

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Welcome! Definitely start a build thread
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:09:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CptSpig] [#25]
Hi, Joined this month and I am building my first AR 5.56/.233 and I have completed the upper. Aero Precision M4E1 Threaded Assembled Upper Receiver, 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group, Complete - Black Nitride and AR15/M4 5.56. Charging Handle Radian Wepons RAPTOR-LT Ambidextrous Chargin Handle FDE. Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 BA Hanson .625 Mid Barrel with pinned gas block. STNGR ULTIMATE VYPR M-LOK 15" handguard (my son gave me for Christmas). Fortis Manufacturing 5.56MM Barrel Muzzle Brake / Control Compatible. Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 2 Long Gun Light,  Arisaka Defense M-LOK Indexers and RailScales HTP Scales in MLOK. Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight with T-3 Magnifier. I am waiting for my lower to finish my build. Lower part list Aero Precision M4E1 MOE SL Lower Parts Kit Minus FCG, AR15 Enhanced Carbine Buffer Kit w/ H Buffer, Magpul MOE SL Carbine Stock. RISE Armament RA-140 Super Sporting Trigger, Magpul Industries B.A.D. Lever, AR Maglock with KingPin and two Hexmag HX Ar-15 5.56x45 Magazine, Polymer Series. Can't wait to finish and shoot this gun! See picks below for upper build.

" />

Finally Finished!

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Hi, New to AR's. I am from Dallas/FT. Worth Texas area and glad to be on this forum. I am VERY sure I will have questions.
Gary
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]
New to the forum, old to the game. Heard this is where all the smartest and coolest kids hang out, and I wanna be smart and cool too. Looking forward to bathing in and absorbing all the knowledge I can obtain from fellow firearm heathens.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Hello all. I have never been a gun guy but have wanted to get into shooting for a long time. I grew up with bb and pellet guns.

Recently I bought a shield 9mm. The. My friend showed me his AR15 and I was in love. Not with my friend.

So 100 YouTube videos later and I bought all the parts to build my own. Picked up my lower today and assembled all the parts I have.  Just waiting on the Geissele trigger.

I live in California where ARs are evil. So I had to put a few extra items on it to reduce its evilness.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can figure out how too
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#30]
New guy in in Alabama bought new M&P Sport few days ago , have completed first field strip clean and lube. Hope to be able to sight it in and shoot next weekend . I'm a S&W fan have M&P  Shield 9mm  , M&P 2.0 9mm long slide , 586 6"  , 686 snub and 5906

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
 I just joined this forum and am happy you would have me, although that says something about yunz guys...... My name is Ken and I live north west of Pittsburgh. Not new to firearms or the ar platform, but hoping to gain some new info from this community. Hopefully I can add something here as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Howdy.
Been a gun owner since I got my shotgun at 18. Bought a 9mm the day after I turned 21. Then another 9mm after I got my CHL at 22.
But I finally got my first (there will be more lol) rifle a few weeks ago. I bought it "used." And I use quotations because I'm not sure if there's ever been a round through this thing. It's spotless.
PSA PA-15. I'm pretty sure it's the one that comes with all the magpul furniture on it, however the grip is FDE and the hand guard is black. Not sure if that was an option or not. Like I said, it's my first rifle. I'm not as knowledgeable with rifles as I am with handguns.
Anyway I purchased used because of a lack of new inventory at the shop I went to and because it came with pretty much ever option I was going to put on it, though the flashlight and the red/green dot are not "name brand." And I only mention that because I am a firm believer in paying more for quality and dependability for something I plan to use to defend my family and myself.
I walked in planning on walking out with a rifle chambered in 7.62x39. I thought they would be more readily accessable and I thought ammo would be cheaper and easier to find. But nonetheless I couldn't pass this thing up and walked out with a rifle and 100 rounds of 5.56x45. Don't worry, I bought more ammo later.
Came with a basic Ruger stock. Not a fan. My new Hogue stock will arrive in the mail tomorrow. And I'm so excited to put it on
I gotta figure out how to post pictures.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Welcome

I use Imgur for posting pictures. There are other options aswell
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the advice! Let's see if this works. Hogue stock comes in today so once I throw that on I'll update again lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/9mbyVzN
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cdtx93:
Thanks for the advice! Let's see if this works. Hogue stock comes in today so once I throw that on I'll update again lol

PSA PA-15 https://imgur.com/gallery/9mbyVzN
View Quote

You got the Imgur part down. You need to click the picture again, click share, click copy URL. It should look like this
https://i.imgur.com/yjvaxTo.jpg notice the "i.imgur" and no gallery. That is the direct link to the image. Then you click the insert image icon above the text window and paste the URL

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Gotcha. I think. I sound like an old man lol

If this works, I put the Hogue on last night. Much better than that Ruger

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#39]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GyLVPeAAxQxAUJFa7

Hey all.  Just joined last week.  Recently finished tweaking my Ruger AR556.  Nothing major, mostly cosmetic changes because I'm quite happy with stock components for now.  Very pleased with overall quality out of box so far.  Almost 2000 rounds with not a single fail.  Trigger a bit stiff.  That would be the first thing that I upgrade internally.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks good.  What case are you using?  And how long is it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#41]
That sounds totally gay... I'm not.   let's rephrase that. What's the length of your rifle case?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#42]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/maZeJX8GCb7DaGQY6
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:45:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pg101] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Greetings from the most 2nd Amendment friendly state, Arizona.  

I am in the right spot. I know nothing about the AR-15. I see a forum to learn about the AR-15 platform. And one for building, which is my interest. I want to build a 9 mm AR-15.

I am pretty competent at maintaining and modifying pistols but have no experience with rifles. I shoot ‘em and clean ‘em. I own an Anderson AR-15 with a Primary Arms SLx prism scope. So this should be a fun adventure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Hello from AZ,

I've been around for a while now but I prefer to observe and gather information. My primary fixation is with the bolt guns however lately I am gaining a bit more interest in semi's again. It seems to be quite cyclical for me, buy a bunch, sell them off, repeat...

Anyway, hello to all. Thanks for all the good info over the years. And I'm looking for more going forward.

Cheers
Pestoso
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Armorer94] [#47]
Greetings all,  I'm Armorer 94. New to owning an AR pattern weapon, but hardly new to firearms. I am a retired law enforcement officer .who did 25 years before medically retiring. During that time I was a firearms instructor, armorer and arsenal manager. I am (or was) factory certified on remington 870' s, Ruger mini 14's  and Glock firearms  I also have experience with AK pattern weapons, sks pattern guns and many types of revolvers and semi-auto pistols. What brings me here is my first AR, a rock river arms LAR-15M in CAR configuration, with fixed carrying handle, collapsing stock, 16 inch chromed hammer forged barrel, 2 stage trigger and 1/2 by 28 threaded flash suppressor.https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1830https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1830
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:23:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderbolito] [#48]
New guy, I did joined a long time ago and I was not very active but somehow i can't log in so I started a new account, new to this forum but not the forums in general, I moved to a free state and was able to get several new toys, thank you for having me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SHOK3R] [#49]

Thanks for the add
New to the forum but not to the ar platform. This is my first ground up build and I’m happy with the outcome. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully adding to this forum.https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/pp9/berock78/IMG_1578.JPG
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top