Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:15:57 PM EDT

I hope this will work with AR15 lowers that take Glock mags.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=1KghkFluEoU
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
How does this compare with the Beta-C Mag 9mm drum?

I've seen some reviews with alot of negative experience with the Beta-C product (check YouTube for reviews).

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That would look awfully nice hanging under my DDLES Glock lower.  I wonder if it could feed fast enough (and reliably enough) for full auto operation?  For $60, it might be worth trying out.

-bob

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How does this compare with the Beta-C Mag 9mm drum?

I've seen some reviews with alot of negative experience with the Beta-C product (check YouTube for reviews).

It's a new release haven't seen one yet "in the wild". It isn't even listed on the SGM Tactical website yet.
www.sgmtactical.com

Midway has them available for preorder (expected in stock 12/23/12) for $69 here: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/354062/sgm-tactical-magazine-glock-9mm-luger-50-round-drum-polymer-black

SGM 9mm Glock drum holds 50 rounds vs the Beta c-mags 100 rounds.
Much cheaper $69 vs. $380
SGM drum does NOT have steel reinforced lips.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure would be fun with an sbr'd and suppressed DDLES with a defendAR stock attached!
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a heads up, these are being made by KCI and imported by SGM.  In this thread, HardShell has them preordered and will give an update when he gets them and tests them out.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
If they are a KCI product, I'd approach with caution.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Interdasting.  I'll need to order a few up.  I think they would be a nice addition to this:

Link Posted: 12/16/2012 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I pick up some KCI mags and ran them recently in a DDLES Glock mag lower and they worked great.

They were hard to load like the rounds or follower was binding. I would tap the bottom of the mag on the table when loading like I was bump loading and that fixed the binding.

The mags worked perfect. In the 40SW they worked better than the factory 22 round Glock mag. Zero failures the whole day.

I'll have to get one of these drum mags and try it out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
To whoever's owns/building a 9mm Glock AR.  I found this in stock for double the original price (lame) but is still relatively cheaper than some auctioned 33rd magazines on GB.

SGM 50rd 9mm Glock Drum

I got a few.

Just thought I'd share my find.

This video is what got me.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#10]
There's another thread about this over in the Glock fourm HERE.

Even though I posted these in the other thread, here's pics of my DDLES Glock lower with one of those KCI drums.  See the other thread for my initial impressions:

-bob

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top