Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:47:33 PM EDT
Anyone inventory their ammo using Excel?....care to share your spreadsheet layout?

Link Posted: 1/8/2008 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really very sophisticated, but it serves my purposes:

When entries are made in the shooting log the totals are updated (legibly for me) in the colored cells.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't anyone worry about records??

Nothing written down = nothing for admission in court....
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
At the rate I bought ammo this year my credit cards give me a system,when I run low I buy more and looking at the statements can see by month what calibers got shot and a rough count (percentage) remaining.If ya worry about lists for court it is too late,judging by news articles about lists of card numbers that get stolen and data bases accessed.
    You can also figure that government types can go get that info easily also.Best way is always cash to buy but not much of that around these days either it seems once the price doubled on most of it.
   I actually did snag an Excel sheet someone posted here and run it on a POS Goodwill old computer never connected to the internet that I keep the complete file on a thumbdrive as I update it.Got to figure sooner or later that I will forget what I do have left for ammo and is a good thing really as it also gives me a reference when I think something is on sale enuff to buy more of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's not illegal to own ammunition and there's already a paper trail from purchasing the stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a simple one for my meager (by ArfCom standards) supply... all my ammo is in ammo cans, so first column is Can Number, followed by: Caliber, Manufacturer, Product Name, Grain, Projectile Type, Quantity, Date of final seal/dessicant (or marked as "open" if it is a can of 'short-term' ammo) and a small empty space for written/typed notes.  I keep lot numbers on my individual can labels, so I left them off the spreadsheet to save space.

Fits nicely on 4 pages, landscape format, Arial 10 font, extra line between each can.

I keep an electronic copy at home and at work, and a printed copy by the ammo fort on a clipboard so I can jot down changes.

Not worried about records.  As stated, not illegal for me to own, and since most was purchased with a credit card there is already a paper trail.  Hell... my "work" copy is kept on my gubmint computer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not illegal to own ammunition and there's already a paper trail from purchasing the stuff.

+1

Let's put on our tin foil hats for a second and say that they're watching.  If that's true and you buy your ammo with a debit or credit card then it's too late to be worrying about them hacking into your PC to check out your ammo spreadsheet.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not really very sophisticated, but it serves my purposes:

i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/Ammo_on_hand.jpg

When entries are made in the shooting log the totals are updated (legibly for me) in the colored cells.

Thanks, that gave us some good ideas to go off.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top