BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 117
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The app starts showing "in stock" here around 4pm. This is the time the trucks arrive.
I believe that when the truck arrives, a manifest is scanned and things show "in stock" at that point going forward.

I say that because I have gone to Walmart as soon as something shows "in stock", but have been told it is still being unloaded from the truck. (This could have been a lie)
Most honest stores seem to stock their ammo shipment around 7am the next morning.
However, most of the problems with buying ammo from Walmart is dealing with the employees. which is the case at the store that gets the M22 here in Irving.

This is exactly how it is at my local WM's. Truck arrives at say 1500. Trailer is moved to dock at 1630 at which point manifest is scanned. 1700 the status changes to "In Stock". The ordnance is typically unloaded by 1930 and either put out at 2000 or 0700 depending on the manager at the time. My wife tells me I'm obsessed. I disagree and say I'm only addicted to figuring shit out Also, normally we do not get ammo shipments on consecutive days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
In metropolitan Minneapolis/St. Paul, many Walmarts do not stock .223/5.56 at all. According to Walmart.com, exactly NO Walmart within 50 miles of me even carries ammo cans. I spoke with the SG Manager at my closest Walmart last Saturday and she said they have not seen any .223 in 2013, at all, and has not gotten any word that they will so is currently planning that they will be OOS until at least July. So, Walmart for .223 is not even an option here.

This was after she admitted to me that she personally buys her limit on all the .22 they get, so I tend to think she is not blowing smoke. They stock overnight and lock ammo - it is available starting at 7:00 if you can find someone in Sporting Goods.

Also, I could get all of the .40 or .45 I would want locally - sitting stacked on the shelves here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The app starts showing "in stock" here around 4pm. This is the time the trucks arrive.
I believe that when the truck arrives, a manifest is scanned and things show "in stock" at that point going forward.

I say that because I have gone to Walmart as soon as something shows "in stock", but have been told it is still being unloaded from the truck. (This could have been a lie)
Most honest stores seem to stock their ammo shipment around 7am the next morning.
However, most of the problems with buying ammo from Walmart is dealing with the employees. which is the case at the store that gets the M22 here in Irving.

This is exactly how it is at my local WM's. Truck arrives at say 1500. Trailer is moved to dock at 1630 at which point manifest is scanned. 1700 the status changes to "In Stock". The ordnance is typically unloaded by 1930 and either put out at 2000 or 0700 depending on the manager at the time. My wife tells me I'm obsessed. I disagree and say I'm only addicted to figuring shit out Also, normally we do not get ammo shipments on consecutive days.

It is actually a quest at this point, just to see if I can get some.
I don't really even need any, but I have friends and family members that do.

What bothers me most is being lied to.
I can handle the truth better than a blatant lie.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In metropolitan Minneapolis/St. Paul, many Walmarts do not stock .223/5.56 at all. According to Walmart.com, exactly NO Walmart within 50 miles of me even carries ammo cans. I spoke with the SG Manager at my closest Walmart last Saturday and she said they have not seen any .223 in 2013, at all, and has not gotten any word that they will so is currently planning that they will be OOS until at least July. So, Walmart for .223 is not even an option here.

This was after she admitted to me that she personally buys her limit on all the .22 they get, so I tend to think she is not blowing smoke. They stock overnight and lock ammo - it is available starting at 7:00 if you can find someone in Sporting Goods.

Also, I could get all of the .40 or .45 I would want locally - sitting stacked on the shelves here.

hello...... some  friends south of you in Iowa, said east side of state fair on the ammo thing... yet the reports out of the north west side of Iowa is poor to "none".

i'm  think'in that its the department managers who DON'T order ...... is the problem.
why in the world wouldn't the Walmart store ,  do the supplying to each store , based on past sales or need?

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone ever heard back from corporate when a problem is reported?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Local Wal Mart here has had AR15 ammo in stock 2 weeks in a row, I'm shocked! Last week they had a decent sized shipment of .223 Tula, I purchased 5 boxes of the 20 on the shelf as the clerk was not enforcing any limit. Yesterday I purchased 3 boxes of Winchester 5.56MM ammo and there was a flyer posted on the case stating all ammo sales restricted to 3 boxes per customer. I'm still waiting on some .22LR ammo, I had a decent stockpile of AR15 ammo remaining, but I couldn't pass up these recent arrivals b/c I don't know when I'll finally be able to score a good bulk deal again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have the current code for the Winchester White Box 9mm 100ct boxes?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
This morning was very fruitful for us. I managed to acquire 28 20round boxes of 55gr 5.56 Q3131. That's 580 rounds total. This was from 2 different stores.

The WM SG guys at both stores I hit today had no problem allowing my 11 year old daughter to purchase her 3 boxes. The GF and I also bought our fill.

The second WM we went to had 2 dudes working in SG. Bought all we could of 5.56 from the first guy, walked out to the car and decided to come back in.
I noticed a different guy working the register, so we hit him up to open the case and let us get our fill again. I think we did pretty well visiting two stores.

We hit up 2 more WM and passed up 3 100rd boxes of WWB Value Pack .45 and 2 100rd boxes of WWB VP .40

I also scored one box of 9mm WWB Value Pack.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

USA9MMVP

020892212970 <-----UPC code

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

USA9MMVP

020892212970 <-----UPC code

Many thanks...I also found the pic of the UPC on page 77.

This is a game changer that allows me to see when/where it comes into stock. I'm on a mission to stock up. Take that you libtards!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where do you live??  Im down in Lakeville and many around here have .223.  Lakeville, Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Shakopee, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, St. Paul, all carry .223.  Only a couple of those carry the ammo cans but all have been getting in .223 tula pretty regularly lately.

ETA: I know a few have been getting the Winchester 5.56 with most ammo shipments also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish I could see the Tula .223 500ct ammo cans.

Is there a UPC code for that one?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Page 82 of this thread has a whole list of the codes you can scan with the app.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live??  Im down in Lakeville and many around here have .223.  Lakeville, Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Shakopee, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, St. Paul, all carry .223.  Only a couple of those carry the ammo cans but all have been getting in .223 tula pretty regularly lately.

ETA: I know a few have been getting the Winchester 5.56 with most ammo shipments also.

Blaine - probably 45 miles straight north of you. Different story here, and my ammo can supply follows what Walmart.com said when it use to show ammo stock. It would let you search for availability up to 50 miles away, and the ammo can supply always said "Not carried at this store", not "not in stock".

I have seen the Winchester 5.56 a couple times, but have a hard time paying .62 cpr for that ammo. I have never seen Tula in stock, but would not shoot it out of my KAC SR15 anyway. For that matter, I have not seen Federal .223 or WWB in the 3 nearest Walmart up here since probably 2011
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blaine - probably 45 miles straight north of you. Different story here, and my ammo can supply follows what Walmart.com said when it use to show ammo stock. It would let you search for availability up to 50 miles away, and the ammo can supply always said "Not carried at this store", not "not in stock".

I have seen the Winchester 5.56 a couple times, but have a hard time paying .62 cpr for that ammo. I have never seen Tula in stock, but would not shoot it out of my KAC SR15 anyway. For that matter, I have not seen Federal .223 or WWB in the 3 nearest Walmart up here since probably 2011

I'm seeing the 5.56 in several stores around me now, but also not excited about .62cpr

fwiw - the federal 100packs popped up in silver lake & cambridge about a month back. They went quick & haven't paid enough attention to see them come back since then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#16]
what is the upc code for the Rem. umc 250 round 223?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yea I don't bother with the Winchester when I see it due to the price.  Are you using the website or the app?  The app actually shows when stuff is in stock  for the few things that they are receiving.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

the 3 box limit is just a wallymart thing however other wall marts in so cali have a 2 box limit..

i hate the limit idea as i always come into full shelfs and 3 boxs of 20 isnt alot so i ussally get the most bang for my buck so ill rather get 100 packs of other ammo...

but ive bought 3 full spams of tula at once.. 1500 rounds total... tula .223

but the 3 limit rule is good becuse your local gun shop will come buy it all up and mark it all up.. then empty shelfs and dubble price down the st at the gun shop

ive seen my local gun shops workers buying ammo.... a tula .223 20 pack wallymart price 5.27 gun shop price atleast here 25 bucks for the same pack....

The Walmart in Sterling, VA has a 3 box Limit on boxes under 100 rds, 1 box Limit on Bulk Packs (100 rds or more)

I have not seen any ammo in the Northern Virginia Area WM Since Easter whats up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have not seen any ammo in the Northern Virginia Area WM Since Easter whats up. [/div][/div]

I'm in Richmond and I have not  once seen any 22 come in stock on the app since Easter (any brand). I check the app multiple times a day, early morning, afternoon, and evening. Nothing. Tulammo was coming in frequently for a while, but I haven't even seen that in over a week now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
the 3 box limit is just a wallymart thing however other wall marts in so cali have a 2 box limit..

i hate the limit idea as i always come into full shelfs and 3 boxs of 20 isnt alot so i ussally get the most bang for my buck so ill rather get 100 packs of other ammo...

but ive bought 3 full spams of tula at once.. 1500 rounds total... tula .223

but the 3 limit rule is good becuse your local gun shop will come buy it all up and mark it all up.. then empty shelfs and dubble price down the st at the gun shop

ive seen my local gun shops workers buying ammo.... a tula .223 20 pack wallymart price 5.27 gun shop price atleast here 25 bucks for the same pack....

The Walmart in Sterling, VA has a 3 box Limit on boxes under 100 rds, 1 box Limit on Bulk Packs (100 rds or more)  

I have not seen any ammo in the Northern Virginia Area WM Since Easter whats up.

A few weeks ago (months maybe?) I was at the WalMart in Fair Lakes as the lady was stacking the shelves with .223. Posted about it on the Hometown board. Gone within 40 minutes.

Whenever I load up the WalMart ammo pages, it tells me store information is not available.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Wal-Mart 20 miles from me is showing Winchester 555-round packs of .22LR for the first time in months, so I called and the sporting goods guy said that he doesn't have any. I informed him that it was probably on the truck and he said that may very well be, and if so, it'll be put out tomorrow morning. It's a damn shame that I have to be at work before 7:00 AM. Why couldn't it have come in on a Friday or Saturday night?

Yep, working people get screwed.
Unemployed flippers get the ammo.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Wal-Mart 20 miles from me is showing Winchester 555-round packs of .22LR for the first time in months, so I called and the sporting goods guy said that he doesn't have any. I informed him that it was probably on the truck and he said that may very well be, and if so, it'll be put out tomorrow morning. It's a damn shame that I have to be at work before 7:00 AM. Why couldn't it have come in on a Friday or Saturday night?

I isn't be a no-worker fella but I does have a schedule that I can start work later on days the ammo makes it in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can try gettin there around 1945 and ask for an assistant manager. Tell them exactly what you want and that it's in the cage. His has proven successful for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I isn't be a no-worker fella but I does have a schedule that I can start work later on days the ammo makes it in.

I can currently sort of do the same, but I have lots of friends who all have to be at work around 7 and they all feel like they get screwed.
On Saturdays, the lines are too long and they are not getting anything then, either.

I pick up what I can for them,
but I am not going to stand in line at walmart from 6am-7am just to be told that the stuff the app says is in stock, is not there, or was already sold.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can currently sort of do the same, but I have lots of friends who all have to be at work around 7 and they all feel like they get screwed.
On Saturdays, the lines are too long and they are not getting anything then, either.

I pick up what I can for them,
but I am not going to stand in line at walmart from 6am-7am just to be told that the stuff the app says is in stock, is not there, or was already sold.

I hear that...I check it before I go to bed and again when I get up in the morning. If it's out of stock then I sleep in. I ain't gonna waste my time arguing with the crooked ones.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

...but I am not going to stand in line at walmart from 6am-7am just to be told that the stuff the app says is in stock, is not there, or was already sold.

I've never had that happen when there was a line. I've only had that happen when I got there late, after the line had already gobbled up whatever came in.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...but I am not going to stand in line at walmart from 6am-7am just to be told that the stuff the app says is in stock, is not there, or was already sold.

I've never had that happen when there was a line. I've only had that happen when I got there late, after the line had already gobbled up whatever came in.

That is probably because your walmart employees are actually bringing the stuff from out of the back.

If you read my post from earlier, the walmart here that gets .22 in-stock at 5pm, says they will not stock it or sell it till 7am the following day.
Unfortunately, it mysteriously goes out of stock around 11:30pm.

and none of the managers can explain how that could possibly happen.
apparently, I am mistaken and the ammo was never in stock.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Cci 22 Lr double score. Checked app and saw 100 round pack in stock. Sold out when I got there. Checked app for next store. They also showed in stock. Ran over and got last 3 boxes. Later in the day my local walmart showed 100 rnd cci. 375 cci tactical value packs
Tula 223; some 9mm also. Showed up nothing there..wait 20 MIN and have someone check and out it all comes..Took the 375 value packs..that Was a  good load for our store..had several peeps come and go while I patiently waited. Great day for walmart app for me..
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cci 22 Lr double score. Checked app and saw 100 round pack in stock. Sold out when I got there. Checked app for next store. They also showed in stock. Ran over and got last 3 boxes. Later in the day my local walmart showed 100 rnd cci. 375 cci tactical value packs
Tula 223; some 9mm also. Showed up nothing there..wait 20 MIN and have someone check and out it all comes..Took the 375 value packs..that Was a  good load for our store..had several peeps come and go while I patiently waited. Great day for walmart app for me..

I like hearing the success stories. The past two days have been real dry. Hope it starts to come around again.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#31]
My local wally world seems to be getting tula 223 in weekly. I've been picking up 3 - 6 boxes each week.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought another 3 boxes of 5.56 today.  I live in a rural area, with a WM about 3 miles away, and I drive by it to/from work.  It showed "In Stock" all day while I'm at work. This evening, about a mile away from WM, I check the app while at a traffic light.  It shows "In Stock".  I drive in, go to SG counter, they have 4 boxes of 5.56.  I purchase 3 boxes, pay for them in SG, and walk out thru garden center.  In my truck, I check the app, it still says "In Stock".  I've always been curious about when it shows "Limited Stock", and I know they have 1 box left.  As I drive out to the main street, I hit refresh again, and it changed from In Stock to Limited Stock, all within 5 minutes of my purchase.  

So, the network updates very quickly, unless they are hiding it/holding it for themselves/friends, somewhere in the back/under the counter, which it would then still show In Stock.  Or, if the WM employees stole it, and it would still show In Stock.

Still no .22 LR.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#33]
3 boxes of 100 round 230gr .45acp winchester @ $40/box.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
3 boxes of 100 round 230gr .45acp winchester @ $40/box.  

There was 3 boxes at my local WM. I don't have a .45

I'm not one of those guys who buys it and flips it for double on CL.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#35]
The cashier tonight at my local walmart told me they are going to stop couples/groups from buy 3 boxes each. So if you go with your wife or a buddy you can only get 3 boxes total. Has anyone else heard anything like this?  I dont think they can do this legally.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Just stood in line for 2 hours in order to get 3 boxes of Federal AE223... But I got them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The cashier tonight at my local walmart told me they are going to stop couples/groups from buy 3 boxes each. So if you go with your wife or a buddy you can only get 3 boxes total. Has anyone else heard anything like this?  I dont think they can do this legally.

just dont act like you are together... easy enough.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are starting to do that here in SATX. My buddy is gonna be pissed. He's always dragging his wife around to buy ammo.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#39]
they cant do that....
simply state "this is my good friend...we ran into each other here, what a coincidence! now gimme my boxes you ammo #@$%"
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
they cant do that....
simply state "this is my good friend...we ran into each other here, what a coincidence! now gimme my boxes you ammo #@$%"

We have some real ammo nazis here too. I do my best to avoid those stores.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife has CC in maiden name if ever questioned. Only one store ever mentioned it and said paying cash was their way around it.

Sad day when we need to go incognito to buy a few bricks of 22LR
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Funny thing....app was showing nothing all day. I went in for something else and stopped by SG.  They got a shipment today. Nothing was showing up online, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Checked the Walmart mobile app at 5:30PM this evening and it showed that my local Walmart had 22LR Federal AutoMatch 325 count in stock.  They usually bring ammo out as it is unloaded from the truck.  Usually between 6:30PM to 8:30PM.  I stop what I'm doing and jump in the truck and drive the 15 miles down there, hoping i"m not too late.  When I get there at 6:00PM the sporting goods woman asks what I'n looking for.  I said "Your getting in some 22LR ammo.  Has it come out yet".  She said "Who told you that". I said "the Walmart mobile app".   She said the don't tell the associates if any ammo is coming in any more because they might make phone calls to all their friends.  She also said that they can't go back and check for it.  They have to wait for any that might come in to be brought out to them. That it could be 8 or 9 or even 10:00PM before any thing might come out of the back.  I said "I'll wait".  Contrary to what she said, about 7:30 she goes to the back to check and comes back and said there was only one case of ammo off loaded so she didn't bring it up.  Another hour goes by and she said she would go back and check again.  She comes back with three cased of ammo and magically three other people (a woman and two men) show up at the counter from nowhere.  Like bloodhounds to a meat wagon.  They are excited and start asking it that ammo.  Is there any 22LR there.  She is trying to hide it and stick under the shelf and she tells them "No there is no 22LR ammo"  But it's plain as day that it is right there in front of their noses.  She finally breaks down and said "Yes but you can't call your friends. You can't call your wifes.  Don't stand near the counter you might draw other people in.  Just move down the aisle and come over one at a time".  She asks the woman what her last name was.   She said she doesn't believe in husbands calling in their wives. to double up on their 3 box limits.  Then she hides the ammo and pulls out one box of 22LR and asks he how many I want, one box?  I say "3 boxes" she said 2 boxes. I say 3 boxes.  She reluctantly pulls out 3 boxes and quadruple bags them so you can't read through the bags and see that there is 22LR ammo in the bag.  I state to the other folks "You guys are lucky. It's 8:45PM and I've been waitng since 6:00 pm for this ammo and you just walk up when it arrives"

Anyway so much for my ramblings.  I got 925 rounds of 22Lr and besides the money, it only cost me 3 hours of my life waiting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Checked the Walmart mobile app at 5:30PM this evening and it showed that my local Walmart had 22LR Federal AutoMatch 325 count in stock.  They usually bring ammo out as it is unloaded from the truck.  Usually between 6:30PM to 8:30PM.  I stop what I'm doing and jump in the truck and drive the 15 miles down there, hoping i"m not too late.  When I get there at 6:00PM the sporting goods woman asks what I'n looking for.  I said "Your getting in some 22LR ammo.  Has it come out yet".  She said "Who told you that". I said "the Walmart mobile app".   She said the don't tell the associates if any ammo is coming in any more because they might make phone calls to all their friends.  She also said that they can't go back and check for it.  They have to wait for any that might come in to be brought out to them. That it could be 8 or 9 or even 10:00PM before any thing might come out of the back.  I said "I'll wait".  Contrary to what she said, about 7:30 she goes to the back to check and comes back and said there was only one case of ammo off loaded so she didn't bring it up.  Another hour goes by and she said she would go back and check again.  She comes back with three cased of ammo and magically three other people (a woman and two men) show up at the counter from nowhere.  Like bloodhounds to a meat wagon.  They are excited and start asking it that ammo.  Is there any 22LR there.  She is trying to hide it and stick under the shelf and she tells them "No there is no 22LR ammo"  But it's plain as day that it is right there in front of their noses.  She finally breaks down and said "Yes but you can't call your friends. You can't call your wifes.  Don't stand near the counter you might draw other people in.  Just move down the aisle and come over one at a time".  She asks the woman what her last name was.   She said she doesn't believe in husbands calling in their wives. to double up on their 3 box limits.  Then she hides the ammo and pulls out one box of 22LR and asks he how many I want, one box?  I say "3 boxes" she said 2 boxes. I say 3 boxes.  She reluctantly pulls out 3 boxes and quadruple bags them so you can't read through the bags and see that there is 22LR ammo in the bag.  I state to the other folks "You guys are lucky. It's 8:45PM and I've been waitng since 6:00 pm for this ammo and you just walk up when it arrives"

Anyway so much for my ramblings.  I got 925 rounds of 22Lr and besides the money, it only cost me 3 hours of my life waiting.

Glad you got some ammo sucks you had to wait. Truth be known she probally called her friends.  I just get a manager. They are trying to play games. What right do they have asking someone their name?  I like how walmart is starting to tell people how they cant call there friends or siblings. I had one cashier tell me that they cant sell me handgun ammo if the gun/caliber isnt listed on my permit. And forget about getting any handgun caliber ammo if you dont have a permit at some of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Went to the hoffman estates cabelas this morning at 9:05, thats five minutes after opening. As I walked back I saw several people with 50 cal ammo cans with 2100 rounds of .22lr in them... sold out in five minutes.

They did however have plenty of .223 PMC bronze, 5.56 federal 193 both for 9.99 a box and the herters steel .223 for 6.99.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Checked the Walmart mobile app at 5:30PM this evening and it showed that my local Walmart had 22LR Federal AutoMatch 325 count in stock.  They usually bring ammo out as it is unloaded from the truck.  Usually between 6:30PM to 8:30PM.  I stop what I'm doing and jump in the truck and drive the 15 miles down there, hoping i"m not too late.  When I get there at 6:00PM the sporting goods woman asks what I'n looking for.  I said "Your getting in some 22LR ammo.  Has it come out yet".  She said "Who told you that". I said "the Walmart mobile app".  She said the don't tell the associates if any ammo is coming in any more because they might make phone calls to all their friends.  She also said that they can't go back and check for it.  They have to wait for any that might come in to be brought out to them. That it could be 8 or 9 or even 10:00PM before any thing might come out of the back.  I said "I'll wait".  Contrary to what she said, about 7:30 she goes to the back to check and comes back and said there was only one case of ammo off loaded so she didn't bring it up.  Another hour goes by and she said she would go back and check again.  She comes back with three cased of ammo and magically three other people (a woman and two men) show up at the counter from nowhere.  Like bloodhounds to a meat wagon.  They are excited and start asking it that ammo.  Is there any 22LR there.  She is trying to hide it and stick under the shelf and she tells them "No there is no 22LR ammo"  But it's plain as day that it is right there in front of their noses.  She finally breaks down and said "Yes but you can't call your friends. You can't call your wifes.  Don't stand near the counter you might draw other people in.  Just move down the aisle and come over one at a time".  She asks the woman what her last name was.   She said she doesn't believe in husbands calling in their wives. to double up on their 3 box limits.  Then she hides the ammo and pulls out one box of 22LR and asks he how many I want, one box?  I say "3 boxes" she said 2 boxes. I say 3 boxes.  She reluctantly pulls out 3 boxes and quadruple bags them so you can't read through the bags and see that there is 22LR ammo in the bag.  I state to the other folks "You guys are lucky. It's 8:45PM and I've been waitng since 6:00 pm for this ammo and you just walk up when it arrives"

You screwed up. She'll tell all the WM drones about the mobile app and the ammo will never make it to the shelves.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
they cant do that....

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#48]
A couple weeks ago I posted how I was fed up with Walmart SG employees, and that i'll never go back...Well this morning I was in a bit of a jam as I needed to buy an ALMOST late birthday present for my girlfriend (just got back from giving it to her). So while I'm picking up a Kreurig Coffee (read: Legal Crack) Machine this morning around 6:00am, I decided to pass by the Ammo Shelves to see if anything was in stock. Of course it was as bear as I saw it last time.

As I make my way towards the cash registers, about three isles down from the SG counter, I hear arguing. So I look over and there are two elderly employees yelling in spanish to a male that he can't be going through the pallet that they're unboxing and that he has to wait until 7:00am. Instantly, a smile came accross my face So I turn and slowwwwly headed in their direction observing this guy STILL pulling the pallet apart quickly and competely ignoring the two elderly employees. The moment the guy sees me coming he TURNS AROUND and acts like nothing is happening. I, still with a huge smile on my face, KINDLY ask the two employees at what time the SG counter opens. They say "7:00, is there something you're looking for?." As soon as I said the word ammo, the scavenger turns around and locks eyes with me with a look of shame. I then kindly ask him if he's there for the same thing, and he slooowly knods. I shake my head, holding back all of my anger and hate for this A**HOLE, and begin leaving. From the corner of my eye I see the guy instantly RUN to another pallet an isle down and he begins taking off the wrapping holding it together. Son of a....

I really felt like knocking this guy out. He was 40-50, Central American, messsy, dressed like he's a landscaper, clearly doesn't speak a word of English. ((NOTE: I'm not racist, I'm hispanic myself. It is what it is.) He looked like he's doing it to put food on the table by either flipping it, or selling it directly to someone who's paying him to do their dirty work.

As I was paying for the crack machine, I heard REALLY loud commands to stop coming from the SG area.

Good reminder as to why I don't waste my time at walmart anymore, at least in Miami.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What I think they mean by that is they are going to require separate payments for every 3 boxes of ammo. They're wanting to stop guys paying for all 6 boxes when they have their wives with them.

When I was in line for .22lr the other night, SG guy tried to arbitrarily institute a Bass Pro-like policy of only 1 box per customer on bulk packs containing 250rds or more. The sign on the ammo case still said "3 boxes per customer", so we got the manager over there who quickly put SG guy back in his place. Good thing, too, because some of those guys in line were ready to go get their torches and pitchforks over it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Picked up 3 100 rd boxes of 9mm last night.  App showing limited stock at 6AM, so I went back to get more.  Get the normal "it could take 24 hours to clear out of system" from the brilliant employees.  Didn't have my UPC code sheet with me, so I didn't pursue searching for the remaining boxes that were hidden somewhere.  Left with 3 boxes of Tul 762.  So not a complete waste of time.  9MM now out of stock at 8AM
Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top