Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2010 7:06:33 AM EDT
I need to mount my STS at 45° on my AR15.  WHat mounts have you tried and are any better than the rest?

Thanks,
Jesse
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the picatinny  mount for the C-more then one of these:

http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPROS

Trijicon makes a similar mount as well.  I got one on GunBroker.com
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Daniel's Defense makes one for about $40.

YHM has them for around $30, but they aren't a drop offset. They're more of a pic rail on an angle.

Daniel's Defense

YHM
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be nice to see them both mounted. It's hard to picture, but almost looks like, if you could fit it between rings or fore/aft of your mount, that the YHM would be 'tighter' in than the DD.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn that JP mount is expensive but I bet its the best one too as those guys dont funk around when it comes to making goodies out of aluminum.  I am going to order ever one that Brownells has and see what they do for me before ordering the JP.  I'll post a review afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
n/m
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Brownell's offset mount and it didn't really do what I was looking for.  I'll take a couple of pics a little later and compare it with the JP/Trijicon.  I've got a Trijicon and a JP and they look like they're made by the same folks.  Absolutely no difference I can see.  I don't remember what I paid for the Brownell's but I'll give you a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Those JP and and trijicon red dots are made by the same company.

I did order all 3 offset mounts that brownells sells but I think the YHM and other $20 mount are made more for flashlights and stuff on the handguard.  The Daniel defense mount that's a little more expensive appears to be built for dot sights hanging off the picatinny rail on the upper.

Link Posted: 5/28/2010 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Pics:  (yes, I'm a lefty)

TRIJICON/JP MOUNT W/RMR  -  BROWNELLS MOUNT ON SIDE RAIL
The Trijicon/JP mount places the sight 90 degrees directly over the bore and closer to main optic.  Brownells mount  is offset away from being directly over the bore and places the sight farther away from the main optic.

TRIJICON/mp MOUNT W/RMR - BROWNELLS MOUNT ON UPPER RAIL
Brownells mount still not @ 90 degrees over the bore plus with RMR mounted, will interfer with main optic & main optic will interfer with RMR use.

I think the Brownells mount is probably fine for mounting other things (lights, etc) but for sights such as the RMR, your C-More, etc., something like the Trijicon/JP and also the Burkett Offset mount works better.  That's me.  YMMV
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!  How do you like that new RMR sight?  That thing looks pretty badass!  Unfortunately so is the price or I would have bought one.  

From the pictures it appears that you have the red dot mounted forward of the scope on the barrel end of the rifle not behind the scope near the charging handle?

Thanks for the pics!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like them.  I've got two configured similar to the pics with different optics.  This one is a US Optics SN12.  I've got two more as main RDS on other guns.
Here's how it's put together:

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top