Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:11:55 AM EDT
Maybe it's just me but that micro does not look real.

Hate to see someone pay $400 for a $40 knock off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/aimpoint-micro-t-1-/320915706439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab8111247
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
With just one pic i wouldn't trust it. I don't buy any gun stuff off ebay.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
That's going to hurt the wallet.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
fake
here is a legit T-1

notice no Aimpoint in bright white anywhere and certainly not on top

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#4]
^^Yup and the elevation/windage adjustment dials and caps sit a lot higher and the reticle adjustment dial is fatter than real Aimpoint. Definitely a fake and needs to be reported.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Also on the bottom of the mount lever It does not have the larue symbol or the made in the USA patented so naturally both are fake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
^^Yup and the elevation/windage adjustment dials and caps sit a lot higher and the reticle adjustment dial is fatter than real Aimpoint. Definitely a fake and needs to be reported.

The adjustment dial width hit me the instant I looked at the picture.  I have a 4MOA and a 2MOA T1, and neither is nearly that wide.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what and where he bought it from: fakepoint

He bought this item from Seller: bravo2zero-b20 on March 20th for $56 (2nd thing in feedback)

He's trying to buy fakepoints and resell them for huge profits >$400.  I no longer have an ebay account, can someone please report him for fraud?

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He bought this item from Seller: bravo2zero-b20 on March 20th for $56 (2nd thing in feedback)

He's trying to buy fakepoints and resell them for huge profits >$400.  I no longer have an ebay account, can someone please report him for fraud?

I reported him
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow he has sold 5 of them for $210.

He originally had clone in his description but the last 3 or 4 do not state that they are clones.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the seller is not allowing the questions and answers about this item show up on his eBay listing either.

What a scum bag.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's trying to buy fakepoints and resell them for huge profits >$400. I no longer have an ebay account, can someone please report him for fraud?

I reported him

Me too
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
at least it appears to be on a true larue mount. Either that or its a really good copy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
at least it appears to be on a true larue mount. Either that or its a really good copy.

Fake mout good copy
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

Real larues have a the texas state with larue in it on the bottom of the lever. This one does not
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Good looking out people.  I reported him as well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I messaged him asking why he was selling a known fake as a genuine Aimpoint, and wishing him the worst of luck in any future sales. His response was :

I
am not selling this item as a "genuine"  aimpoint. I include all of the
specifications to the product under two pictures of the product that
clearly show that it is not a "genuine" aimpoint. Also, if anyone had
emailed me about the product, i was happy to tell them that it was not a
real aimpoint, that is why it has been relisted so many times. I find
it humorous that you take the time to go through all of this, and go as
far as to hurt my reputation. My business is my business, and if you, or
any other consumers do not like the products then DONT BUY THEM.
Otherwise buzz off and dont waste my time.

Reported him.

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#19]
reported him as well
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the LT660 doesnt have the state on it that said its still fake. Look at the screws and text

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

Real larues have a the texas state with larue in it on the bottom of the lever. This one does not

I'm not saying that is real, but LT only started putting the Texas on the bottom of the levers recently. I have many LT mounts that don't have that, and I've only ever purchased from LT directly.  As a matter of fact, none of my LT100, LT150, or LT129 mounts have the Texas on them. My LT660 I recieved a few weeks ago does have it, as well as a newish LT104, but other than that, none of them have it.

Again, I'm not saying this one is real, but I don't think that the lack of the Texas on the bottom of the lever is a good indicator.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I messaged him asking why he was selling a known fake as a genuine Aimpoint, and wishing him the worst of luck in any future sales. His response was :

I am not selling this item as a "genuine"  aimpoint. I include all of the specifications to the product under two pictures of the product that clearly show that it is not a "genuine" aimpoint. Also, if anyone had emailed me about the product, i was happy to tell them that it was not a real aimpoint, that is why it has been relisted so many times. I find it humorous that you take the time to go through all of this, and go as far as to hurt my reputation. My business is my business, and if you, or any other consumers do not like the products then DONT BUY THEM. Otherwise buzz off and dont waste my time.

Reported him.

What a loser. The title is Aimpoint Micro T-1.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

I'm not saying that is real, but LT only started putting the Texas on the bottom of the levers recently. I have many LT mounts that don't have that, and I've only ever purchased from LT directly.  As a matter of fact, none of my LT100, LT150, or LT129 mounts have the Texas on them. My LT660 I recieved a few weeks ago does have it, as well as a newish LT104, but other than that, none of them have it.

Again, I'm not saying this one is real, but I don't think that the lack of the Texas on the bottom of the lever is a good indicator.

Roger that read my above post, screws and letterin are wrong
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#24]
the seller has '4' transactions.. NEVER buy from low number seller.

Quoted:
Maybe it's just me but that micro does not look real.

Hate to see someone pay $400 for a $40 knock off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/aimpoint-micro-t-1-/320915706439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab8111247

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
o well I bought an Eotech off Ebay the guys said it was broken it was an older model 552 with the badd battery pack I just bought a new one I think I paid 180 shipped with everything Ebay is a win or lose type of thing.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Reported it as well.

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

Please don't think I'm trying to be argumentative or say that it is real, I'm just trying to learn what to look for. I just looked at my LT660, and the lettering looks the same to me. Can you tell me what to look for?  The screws look similar, too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#28]
DON'T shop on eBay for weapon related shit because you have absolutely NO recourse if & when you get screwed by using PayPal. These shit head eBay sellers know this and that's why they do this for a living. If you want to buy online then buy from reputable internet vendors (other than eBay) and ALWAYS use a real credit card not a debit card or bank card. You can always do a chargeback due to a fraudulent transaction because the product was not as advertized. The customer always gets their money back (rarely the opposite) and the vendor has to prove their case in order to get money back.

eBay is littered with Chine clone shit. You have to become an expert on both the China clone shit and the real deal products in order to identify the difference between them. If saving a few bucks is worth the risk then by all means have at it, but accept the risk and accept it when you get screwed. There are a LOT of topics here that are started after the buyer receives their product, then researches and are told that what they bought was airsoft China shit. Don't be ones of those people.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

Please don't think I'm trying to be argumentative or say that it is real, I'm just trying to learn what to look for. I just looked at my LT660, and the lettering looks the same to me. Can you tell me what to look for?  The screws look similar, too.

the screws should not be flat like the ebay pic, here compare

legit larue

fake larue
http://www.ebay.com/itm/aimpoint-micro-t-1-/320915706439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab8111247#ht_500wt_1413

pay attention to the lettering and screws. the real larue has hex screws that are larger and not flat, it also has fat letters vs. the thin ones in the fake mount
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake mout good copy

How can you tell?

Here is your proof that it is fake.  This is the item that the person bought off of ebay for $56.  I'm pretty sure he's not selling fake aimpoint's with real Larue mounts for $56 dollars.  It is fake, just as Sinless has told you.
Take a look at this page.  Click on the pics.  Same item. Same fake mount.

link to fullsize

Link to fullsize

Link Posted: 5/31/2012 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I reported it too, but E-bay hasn't pulled it. What a surprise
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I agree.  I reported as well.  What a douchebag.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
What really bothers me is what if the poor guy who buys that POS needs it in a HD situation and finds out the battery is dead after 2 months when he figures he has five years of battery life because he thinks he has the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Reported also.

Somebody has bidding up to 450$
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Reported. I feel bad for the guy that pays $400+ for that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Reported
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 3:49:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I reported as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#38]
The adjustment knob on the eBay item only has 11 settings. The real T1 will have 12 number markings on the dial. The elevation knob sits on top of the clone and recessed on a real T1.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Some poor sclub paid $480
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top