Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2014 9:16:27 AM EDT
I need a mount for my Leopold MK AR 3-9 that will put the back of the scope at least in front of the charging handle, I need something like the Larue SPR mount that will mount far up on the rifle but doesn't cost $210, I'm in about the $100 or under range.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need a mount for my Leopold MK AR 3-9 that will put the back of the scope at least in front of the charging handle, I need something like the Larue SPR mount that will mount far up on the rifle but doesn't cost $210, I'm in about the $100 or under range.
View Quote

Burris PEPR QD works well for me.

I still have 3-4 slots to move up in this picture.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Warne RAMP or SKEL

Aero Ultralight Mount

Burris PEPR mount.

The drawback to the PEPR is they are not US made
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You really do need to save up for the LaRue SPR or an ADM. They are worth it.  I have an SPR, the LT-135, which is a bit higher because of the height of my folded rear sight and the diameter of my eyepiece, but you can probably get by with the lower LT-104.

To match your scope, the Leupold one piece Mark 2 cantilever mount is about $100.  It is not a return to zero QD design, but would be solid.  It is intended to work with your particular scope. It does have a somewhat quick release capability (13mm nuts) for access to your backup sights, but return to zero accuracy when replaced would only be approximate.

Leupold Mark 2 AR Cantilever Mount
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't need QD capabilities look at the Primary Arms extended mount.  It should fulfill your needs for $60 or so.        

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
MidwayUSA exclusive, and USA made.

Mount
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Save up and get the LaRue SPR or SPR-E mount.  I cannot exaggerate the level of quality exhibited in LaRue's mounts and other products.  I've got their SPR-E mount on my precision AR, as I have an illuminated scope with an abnormally long rear bell and wanted to still shoot NTCH.  The SPR-E fit my needs perfectly, and the QD levers are amazing.  I love being able to count on return-to-zero exactly, and have proven them to myself and others several times.  Now I won't own an optic without a QD mount that guarantees RTZ (at least I won't own it for long!).

Save up and get the best.  In the grand scheme of things $250 isn't that much for the best there is.  Now that I know I can pull my scope off and put it back on without any loss of zero, I've found the my rifle has a lot more versatility for me.  I can take the same rifle and yank the scope off and stick an ACOG on it when I don't need a 16x monster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
One other thing is I like  low profile mount, preferably 1" with my 40mm objective
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Aero Precision:

Nikon:

I've read that the early ones were made in the US, but later versions are foreign.  After seeing this picture, I'd believe it, because mine does not look like the one in the photo.  Nikon also has one with a 20-MOA tilt to it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
S.S.A.L.T.
View Quote

I see what they  did there...

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Yankee Hill makes one for a little over $100 - $115 I believe.  I have 3 of them and they've all held up well.

one of my rifles:
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top