Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2014 9:43:01 AM EDT
I am trying to figure out the proper way to zero my rifle with an A2 fsb and an A2 carry handle. The carry handle is a RRA take off, for a carbine with the 6/3 marking and A2 marking. Someone told me it is "Front Opposite Rear Same" to zero a rifle with this sight configuration. Can someone confirm or lend their advice? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
This is true. Whatever direction you move the front sight post, the bullet impact will move in the opposite direction. Whatever direction you move the rear sight, the bullet impact will move in the same direction.

ETA: Print off a M4 25 meter zero target. It makes zeroing a lot easier than guestimating if you don't understand MOA adjustments.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I used RIBZ. There is a stickie around here somewhere. It's awesome since I can quickly change my settings on my drum to shoot poa=poi at 25, 50, and 100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, read this
chris
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't have an A2 handle, because you can't remove an A2 carry handle.  

In either case, the FSB has an arrow labeled UP.  If you turn the front sight in that direction (clockwise) the front sight screws down into the FSB, causing you to point the muzzle higher, causing your round to go UP.  The rear sight has an arrow labeled R or RIGHT.  If you turn the knob in that direction, the rounds will impact further right.  If you turn it left, the round will go left.  The labels on the sights tell you what to do.  There is nothing to figure out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In either case, the FSB has an arrow labeled UP.  If you turn the front sight in that direction (clockwise) the front sight screws down into the FSB, causing you to point the muzzle higher, causing your round to go UP.  The rear sight has an arrow labeled R or RIGHT.  If you turn the knob in that direction, the rounds will impact further right.  If you turn it left, the round will go left.  The labels on the sights tell you what to do.  There is nothing to figure out.
View Quote
Wow you're super thank you so much for your attitude. Not everyone on this forum is as experienced as you are oh great leader. Next time I have a question I'll make sure to gravel at your feet begging for the right answer.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

When in doubt , read the directions.

Even though I have been shooting ARs for years , I have not messed with an A2 carry handle in a long time.

This sunday , I need to teach one of my daughters to sight in an A4.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am trying to figure out the proper way to zero my rifle with an A2 fsb and an A2 carry handle. The carry handle is a RRA take off, for a carbine with the 6/3 marking and A2 marking. Someone told me it is "Front Opposite Rear Same" to zero a rifle with this sight configuration. Can someone confirm or lend their advice? Thanks.
View Quote

I'd recommend giving the RIBZ info linked to above a serious read.
You have two choices with the method: One is a battle sight setting that once you set the sight you don't need to change it to hit a man sized target from zero to 230 meters, AND the metric settings on the rear sight still work.
The second method allows changing the rear sight settings to allow shooting at the popular yards used on most shooting ranges,
By changing the rear sight you can shoot accurately at 50 yards and 100 and 150 yards.
Also, again, the metric sight setting are still valid so if you want to shoot at 400 meters, just move the rear sigth drum to the "4" setting.

How you change the rear sight depends on whether you have a 20" rifle or a 16" carbine.
I have a Colt M4 with the 16" barrel, the "F" stamped front sight, and a Colt mil-spec rear sight handle.

I used the RIBZ method so I can shoot on ranges at yards.
I reset my rear sight to allow 6 full clicks down from the 300 meter setting, then sighted in at 25 meters with the sight on the 300 meters setting.

It really works,  I'm dead on at 25 meters, down 4 clicks puts me dead on at 50 yards, and down 6 clicks puts me dead on at 100 yards.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top