Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2016 6:33:19 PM EDT
Searched, didn't find anything.

Supposedly they've been out for a year and is Leupold's attempt to fill the EOTech gap -- intended to provide a nice-sized window with a 1-MOA red dot.  May be being pushed as a split-image red-dot and magnified optic (paired with the DEVO).

Anyone shot one yet, and have an estimated street price?

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a prism red-dot (like the DI Optical and the Meprolight) with a 1 MOA dot.  That's about it. For a $1k USD red-dot sight, it doesn't even comes with QD mount. Also, Magpul hates ya dirty civvies with bright white laser engraving all over it. That non-marked version is reserved for .mil and .LE, not you little people.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got one. Mounted it up but haven't shot it yet. It's replacing an Aimpoint Micro H2 on a Tavor... Which had an Eotech on it before that.

Initial impressions compared to Eotech and Aimpoint Micros:

First, I'm not going to address price or "value" because that is all pretty subjective and has been covered in the "Who does Leopold think they are?" thread. Sticker price is ~30% More than a T2.

Much bigger FOV than the Micro... Or put another way, more forgiving head position. Forgiving head position is helpful for me on the Tavor due to how my head rests on that gun.  From memory the glass size seems comparable to the Eotech I had. But theres no secondary shield around the glass which gives it a very open feeling - better than either the Micro or Eotech in that regard. I don't know what would happen if it the rifle was dropped landing on the LCO.

It seems to be mounted at a height matching AR irons (absolute cowitness). For that reason it doesn't work for me on my AR which sometimes has a DBAL on the top rail. One side of the thumbscrew mount is built into the housing so replacing the mount won't be "clean." I think a QD lever could be made to replace the thumbscrew though.

The brightness control is a knob like an aimpoint. I find knobs faster and more intuitive than buttons. There is an off button, and when it comes back on it returns to the same brightness. There is an auto off if no movement for 15 min, combined with auto resume at the slightest movement. I don't know why one would manually turn it off. If all that is reliable it seems very well thought out.

Adjustments are very defined and seem to track.

The LCO is advertised as 1moa. There is no distortion and no tint to the glass, whereas Aimpoint has a noticeable blueish tint. Using an Eotech G33 magnifier, my T1 dot was horribly deformed, T2 and H2 are excellent (nearly a perfect dot, just a couple little "legs" to my eye). The LCO is just behind the T2/H2 in magnified dot clarity - still very very good, just a hair longer "legs". Any difference probably has more to do with the lack of tint/lens coating than the dot itself.

With a T2/H2 on setting 9 (very usable) you'd be hard pressed to see the emitter from the front even if looking for it. With the LCO the emitter is centered and below the window, could be picked up pretty easily by someone in front and slightly above the shooter.

LCO Takes a CR123 battery that is supposed to last a long time. Probably not aimpoint long but long enough (a year?) It is mounted transverse (guess they learned from Eotech's early mistakes there.)

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.  Hadn't considered the absolute vice lower 1/3 co-witness -- I prefer a hacked A2 carry handle back-up sight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Shot with it today. Total non-event. The sight adjustments tracked as they were supposed to, confirmed the magnified dot was not as clean as a T2 but clean "enough" for 100yd work. (Incidentally the flaring of the dot my eye sees just vertically elongates it which is better than the diagonal elongation we saw with the T1/H1). No problems with the sight going off or anything. I see no reason to take it off the Tavor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got one. Mounted it up but haven't shot it yet. It's replacing an Aimpoint Micro H2 on a Tavor... Which had an Eotech on it before that.

Initial impressions compared to Eotech and Aimpoint Micros:

First, I'm not going to address price or "value" because that is all pretty subjective and has been covered in the "Who does Leopold think they are?" thread. Sticker price is ~30% More than a T2.

Much bigger FOV than the Micro... Or put another way, more forgiving head position. Forgiving head position is helpful for me on the Tavor due to how my head rests on that gun.  From memory the glass size seems comparable to the Eotech I had. But theres no secondary shield around the glass which gives it a very open feeling - better than either the Micro or Eotech in that regard. I don't know what would happen if it the rifle was dropped landing on the LCO.

It seems to be mounted at a height matching AR irons (absolute cowitness). For that reason it doesn't work for me on my AR which sometimes has a DBAL on the top rail. One side of the thumbscrew mount is built into the housing so replacing the mount won't be "clean." I think a QD lever could be made to replace the thumbscrew though.

The brightness control is a knob like an aimpoint. I find knobs faster and more intuitive than buttons. There is an off button, and when it comes back on it returns to the same brightness. There is an auto off if no movement for 15 min, combined with auto resume at the slightest movement. I don't know why one would manually turn it off. If all that is reliable it seems very well thought out.

Adjustments are very defined and seem to track.

The LCO is advertised as 1moa. There is no distortion and no tint to the glass, whereas Aimpoint has a noticeable blueish tint. Using an Eotech G33 magnifier, my T1 dot was horribly deformed, T2 and H2 are excellent (nearly a perfect dot, just a couple little "legs" to my eye). The LCO is just behind the T2/H2 in magnified dot clarity - still very very good, just a hair longer "legs". Any difference probably has more to do with the lack of tint/lens coating than the dot itself.

With a T2/H2 on setting 9 (very usable) you'd be hard pressed to see the emitter from the front even if looking for it. With the LCO the emitter is centered and below the window, could be picked up pretty easily by someone in front and slightly above the shooter.

LCO Takes a CR123 battery that is supposed to last a long time. Probably not aimpoint long but long enough (a year?) It is mounted transverse (guess they learned from Eotech's early mistakes there.)

View Quote

Thanks for the objective observations in both posts.  I opted for the smaller DeltaPoint Pro but also considered the LCO.  Both are duty grade, motion activated and will have Aimpoint type battery life.  I think the reason for a manual "off" is for vehicle transport, which would cause the optic to stay on much longer and shorten battery life. For any other use, especially, where the rifle is not in a vehicle for long trips, the battery will last for years.  Like the LCO the DP Pro's wider "screen" permits a lot more lateral head movement and vision around the optic than with the Aimpoint micros.  The DP Pro might serve better on your AR configuration, because you can place it on various height risers or QD mounts to address the presence of other equipment or stock height variations.

For those with bad astigmatism the prism lens system of the LCO would tip the balance in its favor over Aimpoint micros, I would think.  The LCO is one of the "finalists" along with Aimpoint Micro and the DP Pro in the military selection process to replace EOTech sights.  All are duty hardened.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top