User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
@primaryarms this collection seriously needs a GLX 4x compact prism. Pretty please!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked through one at a gun show last weekend and was impressed, I would like to put one on my AK but I don't know if the mount I have (Attero Arms, apparently the GLX will mount to it) would make the eye relief within the realm of acceptability or not or if I have to pick something else up to make it work, I'm not in a rush at all. I have heard these have amazing eye relief up to about 6", how good/bad is it at 8"? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The rear of the 2x sits like 2.5 inches to the rear of the mount so it might work on that mount, can't say for sure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HitTheForwardAssist] [#4]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
The rear of the 2x sits like 2.5 inches to the rear of the mount so it might work on that mount, can't say for sure.
View Quote

Regardless, someone took photos for me and an 8" eye relief is way too long so it's back to the drawing board.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheSpaniard:

The scope is maybe an inch forward from ideal but the eyebox is very generous and I’m getting probably 80-90% of the field of view I’d get if the scope were an inch closer to my eye.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

Yes. Other than it sitting a tad higher than I’d like for cheek weld purposes, it’s a great combo.

https://i.ibb.co/X25cyvC/IMG-0690.jpg

How're you finding the eye relief there?

The scope is maybe an inch forward from ideal but the eyebox is very generous and I’m getting probably 80-90% of the field of view I’d get if the scope were an inch closer to my eye.

Thanks. I tend to climb pretty far forward on the stock, so I suspect I'd be OK with your setup as pictured. Maybe even 1 slot forward of that.
Hmm. Now to look for a stock pack to bump up the comb height...
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks. I tend to climb pretty far forward on the stock, so I suspect I'd be OK with your setup as pictured. Maybe even 1 slot forward of that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes. Other than it sitting a tad higher than I’d like for cheek weld purposes, it’s a great combo.

https://i.ibb.co/X25cyvC/IMG-0690.jpg

How're you finding the eye relief there?

Yeah I just got one of those neoprene/foam comb riser kits and it’s a marked improvement.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The glx 2x 7.62/300bo is on sale for 200 bucks right now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:40:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#8]
Thanks @mcculver5 for pointing me to this thread.

This started as a Blood Diamond clone build, but decided to go a different way.

Colt M4 lower (SBR), 6520 upper w/10.3" M4CQB barrel
Surefire Blast Warden, Micro Scout WML, PA GLx 2x micro prism (I snagged the lowest riser mount from my SLx 1x w/ACOG screw for the mount)

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
For the record, I own 3 optics mounted rifles and they are all PA micro prisms.

Colt 6933 w/SLx 1x
Colt 6720 w/SLx 3x (mirror of the 6933)
And the above w/GLx 2x

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Thanks @mcculver5 for pointing me to this thread.

This started as a Blood Diamond clone build, but decided to go a different way.

Colt M4 lower (SBR), 6520 upper w/10.3" M4CQB barrel
Surefire Blast Warden, Micro Scout WML, PA GLx 2x micro prism (I snagged the lowest riser mount from my SLx 1x w/ACOG screw for the mount)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15341/20240129_205832-3112434.jpg

View Quote

That looks so handy and useful.

Clones are super cool, but I still like a rifle that works.

How do you like the surefire blast shield thingy?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:05:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#11]
Haven't shot it with that yet. Just got the correct buffer for this setup. Will know next week how it goes but I have high hopes. Had another shorty upper with the Flamin' Pig blast diverter and it worked well.

ETA: Got to the range today; indoor range. Wasn't any louder than whatever the guys shooting to either side of me were shooting.
GLx 2x ptic was dead nuts on for a 50yd zero. Didn't have to touch it. The SLx 1x on the other hand, .
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:14:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#12]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
GLx 2x ptic was dead nuts on for a 50yd zero. Didn't have to touch it. The SLx 1x on the other hand, .
View Quote

TF I feel you on this one. My 2x and 3x prisms are a breeze to zero but getting my 1x prisms dialed in is always a PITA.

13.7 FN CHF Sabre and 14.5, Faxon/Aero home build, both wearing a Glx 2x

ETA: I get a lot of IMs asking what caps I use so I’ll just post it here.

Butler Creek
Ocular: 02 Blizzard, 1.3-1.39”
Objective: 03A, 1.300”
The 03A fits best with an ARD installed on the 2x but a small piece of electrical tape under the cap snugs it up nicely
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JustDaniel:

TF I feel you on this one. My 2x and 3x prisms are a breeze to zero but getting my 1x prisms dialed in is always a PITA.

13.7 FN CHF Sabre and 14.5, Faxon/Aero home build, both wearing a Glx 2x

https://i.vgy.me/KdYSn7.jpg

https://i.vgy.me/qW59mS.jpg

ETA: I get a lot of IMs asking what caps I use so I’ll just post it here.

Butler Creek
Ocular: 02 Blizzard, 1.3-1.39”
Objective: 03A, 1.300”
The 03A fits best with an ARD installed on the 2x but a small piece of electrical tape under the cap snugs it up nicely
View Quote

Thanks for the cap info; are you using the PA 1.93 riser with your Glx?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Was out at the Whittington Center in NM today.

Shot steel out to 600 yards with the GLX 2x.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
What's the durability like on the glx 2x?

I have an aimpoint pro on a carry handle and was wondering if the glx would be a good replacement. I see that it can also be used on carry handles.

I like the aimpoint pro but my astigmatism shows a cluster of red dots and I feel like it really impedes accuracy.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:
What's the durability like on the glx 2x?

I have an aimpoint pro on a carry handle and was wondering if the glx would be a good replacement. I see that it can also be used on carry handles.

I like the aimpoint pro but my astigmatism shows a cluster of red dots and I feel like it really impedes accuracy.

https://www.targettamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Examples-of-dot-distortions-commonly-seen-with-astigmatism.jpg
View Quote

I think they are pretty good, probably some YT vids on it.   No issues with mine, but I haven't thrown it down the driveway.  I can tell you I like it better than the Aimpoint pro for the same reasons as you.     Or wait for the GLx1 to come out.
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top