Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FSAL:

Make and model?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

It's not difficult just more expensive. I think a lot of companies are worried about pricing it out of the target audience

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/IMG_20231211_234208_530_jpg-3108836.JPG

Make and model?

Razor g2e

Not for thee reticle
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

Razor g2e

Not for thee reticle
View Quote

Ahh - that would explain it. What is the official name of the reticle?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Ahh - that would explain it. What is the official name of the reticle?
View Quote

Ebr-7f
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Where does the 1-6 special purpose they sold a few months back fit in here?  Says made in the Philippines, but if it was a glx you would think it would be priced higher then 600. Maybe made there with China glass?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#6]
You can combine fiber and etched reticles in the same plane no problem. It is putting the fiber in the SFP and the etched in the FFP that is difficult.

If the eyebox remains the same from the FFP PA PLX 1-8 to the second focal place version, this will be a better eyebox than the SLX NOVA.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
This is looking like it may be my first more premium scope purchase. Hoping some YouTubers got early models and drop reviews before any preorders.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Am I correct in thinking this does everything the new Kahles K18i-2 does, but it's lighter and half the price?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]
My hopes are that it's basically like a razor 1-6, but lighter and with an 8x top end. If it is, I'm buying one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AndysAR15name:
Am I correct in thinking this does everything the new Kahles K18i-2 does, but it's lighter and half the price?
View Quote

As a k18i user, I’d say yes although the k18i2 has 150ft FOV at 1x vs 121 ft on the PA compact
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

As a k18i user, I’d say yes although the k18i2 has 150ft FOV at 1x vs 121 ft on the PA compact
View Quote

That's not a promising number comparison.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AndysAR15name] [#12]

View Quote

Cool. Maybe I'm odd but I honestly don't really care about FOV at 1x with both eyes open. I'll have to get the 8X numbers, which is where the FOV becomes more of a factor to me personally.

I'll be honest, Primary Arms was never on my radar for optics. I've been a Nightforce/Aimpoint snob to date, and was considering trying the Kahles.  But this LPVO looks to be literally everything I want if they are durable enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Cool. Maybe I'm odd but I honestly don't really care about FOV at 1x with both eyes open. I'll have to get the 8X numbers, which is where the FOV becomes more of a factor to me personally.

I'll be honest, Primary Arms was never on my radar for optics. I've been a Nightforce/Aimpoint snob to date, and was considering trying the Kahles.  But this LPVO looks to be literally everything I want if they are durable enough.
View Quote

I don’t think the FOV is a make or break feature either.

Japanese glass is great although I’ve been very happy with the European glass in the Kahles.  I’ve been able to regularly see and hit 600 yd targets on the clock with the K18i and I attribute that to the very clear glass.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:23:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#14]

View Quote

Well... if it is a true 1x errector the 8x numbers will be exactly 1/8 the 1x numbers... or something has gone very wrong LOL! Though the current PLXc is listed at only 14.6 ft.instead of the expected 15.1 ft.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Who can see a 6" difference at distance? Watching this one closely as I have never been a fan of ffp lpvos. You are either at 1 or top power and with sfp, I won't need the illumination as much since the reticle will stand out more at full scale. Liking the weight and size. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I just fished one of these out of the mail.

At first blush, it looks very good.  Eyebox is slightly better than on the FFP version of the PLxC.

I think it is a thread to both Gen2E Razor and Kahles K16i/K18i

For most purposes, I lean toward FFP LPVOs, but SFP models do have their place.  If you are staying inside of 300 yards or so, SFP has a lot to offer.  This new PLxC is compelling.

ILya
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Is there an anticipated release date?

I am || close to pulling the trigger on a FFP plxc
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:
Is there an anticipated release date?

I am || close to pulling the trigger on a FFP plxc
View Quote

Don't quote me on this but I think Marsh said 2nd or 3rd quarter. I can't remember which one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By gman556:

Don't quote me on this but I think Marsh said 2nd or 3rd quarter. I can't remember which one.
View Quote

PA announced these would be available Q2 this year.

FWIW, PA is holding a range day with press May 16th, leading me to believe they'll release the optics a little after that allowing YouTubers to drum up hype and reviews.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bakke1] [#20]
Originally Posted By ODGreenFan:

PA announced these would be available Q2 this year.

FWIW, PA is holding a range day with press May 16th, leading me to believe they'll release the optics a little after that allowing YouTubers to drum up hype and reviews.
View Quote

That makes sense. Guess I can wait until summer.

I think that scope/reticle checks a lot of boxes. It really does seem like a lighter razor, with more mag. But with razors being $500 less on the used side… time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]

That makes sense. Guess I can wait until summer.

I think that scope/reticle checks a lot of boxes.
View Quote

On paper, this LPVO sounds like exactly what I want. I went ahead and picked up a Badger mount from Lanbo's a few months ago to make certain I had the correct size on hand for whenever the PLXc Novas go on sale.

A late May purchase may work better for me, just a bit surprised we haven't seen any presales on PLXc Nova releases considering some of the other PLXc models are on presale for early May ship dates.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DarkLordOfOptics:
I just fished one of these out of the mail.

At first blush, it looks very good.  Eyebox is slightly better than on the FFP version of the PLxC.

I think it is a thread to both Gen2E Razor and Kahles K16i/K18i

For most purposes, I lean toward FFP LPVOs, but SFP models do have their place.  If you are staying inside of 300 yards or so, SFP has a lot to offer.  This new PLxC is compelling.

ILya
View Quote

As a K18I user, I've found that I'm the oddball since most guys are going 1-6 SFP instead of 1-8 SFP.  I can see why guys want to start going FFP once they get to 8X though.

It'll be interesting to see how this PA optic will be received.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish they had done this in 1-6 as a much lighter and compact competition to the Razor. Not big on FFP for the small scopes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
I wish they had done this in 1-6 as a much lighter and compact competition to the Razor. Not big on FFP for the small scopes.
View Quote

The nova is a second focal plane 1-8. I feel like it isn’t trying to be the same class as the razor, but the next step forward.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#25]

The nova is a second focal plane 1-8. I feel like it isn’t trying to be the same class as the razor, but the next step forward.
View Quote

With Japanese glass and the same crosshair reticle, it seems to me that they're going after the Razor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:40:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndysAR15name] [#26]
Not sure if anyone has experience with this question, but i’m curious if PA LPVOs are considered to have similar durability as the other typical quality brands (vortex,kahles,NF)? I really need a 1-6 / 1-8 SFP LPVO for a 308/SR25 and this LPVO wins on paper. But I shoot at-least once a week outdoors, rain or shine. So I just want to make sure they are meant to hold up to decent use. My only experience is NF and they are durable, but they don’t make what i’m looking for.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Not sure if anyone has experience with this question, but i’m curious if PA LPVOs are considered to have similar durability as the other typical quality brands (vortex,kahles,NF)? I really need a 1-6 / 1-8 SFP LPVO for a 308/SR25 and this LPVO wins on paper. But I shoot at-least once a week outdoors, rain or shine. So I just want to make sure they are meant to hold up to decent use. My only experience is NF and they are durable, but they don’t make what i’m looking for.
View Quote

The platinum should be just as tough.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#28]

With Japanese glass and the same crosshair reticle, it seems to me that they're going after the Razor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IMHO it's going to be better than the razor.

For another $100 more you get 2x more mag, and .1 mil clicks, lighter weight and just as good of an eyebox at 1x AFAIC. Also thought the eyebox was better then the NX8.

It's also great that now we have an option of SFP/FFP now too with this.

Owned one of these and have regretted selling it ever since.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Nearly ripped my wallet out of my pocket. Primary Arms now has the new version of the Nova Fiber SLx models available for preorder. No mention of PLXc just yet.

Unfortunately, the SLx is slated for delivery in Q3, which leaves me wondering if we'll see the PLXc version ship to customers in Q2.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top