Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2012 10:22:25 AM EDT
I own a SBR-AR and am looking for a hard case, with eggcrate style foam lining, at as close to 28in. length as possible thats not going to break the bank. Doesnt have to be flight certified, just something for back and forth to the range. Ive been looking at takedown shot gun cases but the few I have seen have been $150-up. Im looking for one cheap as possible, preferablly $60 or less. Any and all help much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump to the top for advice.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Pelican 1700 that I use for my 11.5" SBR. The only issue is that the case weighs considerably more than the gun. I'm going to relegate that case for severe conditions and go with Voodoo soft sided cases. My wife and daughter each are buying me one for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I see pelicans can be a bit pricey as well. I see the full length rifle cases at walmart (hard plastic) for around $20 and it hurts my feelings. Something like that would work fine, id just not rather have so much extra case.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Plano brand case at Wal-Mart last year that's an obvious knock-off of a Pelican case. It may hold up to a 16" carbine, I can't remember right now. I bought it for my 10.5" SBR. The downside is that it doesn't have egg foam, it has foam that has been sectioned off in little squares and you pull out what you need to get the desired fit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
plano takedown shotgun case
It's a little larger than what you're looking for, but fits your price range.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I own a SBR-AR and am looking for a hard case, with eggcrate style foam lining, at as close to 28in. length as possible thats not going to break the bank. Doesnt have to be flight certified, just something for back and forth to the range. Ive been looking at takedown shot gun cases but the few I have seen have been $150-up. Im looking for one cheap as possible, preferablly $60 or less. Any and all help much appreciated.

Where about in KY are you located?

I may have what you are looking for. Something like this? Click me

I have an extra one.

They run about $99 retail but If interested IM me for a good price..

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Pm sent. And yes bdawg thats exactly what I'm looking for. You win the cookie. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like you don't want to break the rifle down every time, correct? Well, if that's not the case then you could do something similar to what I did. I use a Pelican 1495 for my 10.5in. It looks more like a hardcore briefcase than a rifle case.

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pm sent. And yes bdawg thats exactly what I'm looking for. You win the cookie. Thanks for the help.

IM, back at you.

And I like chocolate chip cookies.

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It sounds like you don't want to break the rifle down every time, correct? Well, if that's not the case then you could do something similar to what I did. I use a Pelican 1495 for my 10.5in. It looks more like a hardcore briefcase than a rifle case.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/jplynch87/IMG_2544_2.jpg

Your picture doesn't do it justice.  That's a very cool case, very low profile.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought either 4 of 6 of these last year, on sale at Wal Mart for ~$30 each.  Not a Pelican, but should be more than sufficient for my needs.  Thus far, my "needs" have consisted of "not falling over, while stacked in the attic".  

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought either 4 of 6 of these last year, on sale at Wal Mart for ~$30 each.  Not a Pelican, but should be more than sufficient for my needs.  Thus far, my "needs" have consisted of "not falling over, while stacked in the attic".  

http://blackfriday.priceviewer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/walmart_65073.jpg

Want to sell me one? I'll give you $40 plus shipping. Haha
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Your 2 cases are on the way home to you. It was a tight fit getting them into the car with your sisters coming home things. LOL, but they are good to go and the extra foam are in a walmart bag in the trunk.

Enjoy and post some pics of them when you get them fitted out.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top