Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2011 7:25:49 PM EDT
I'm replacing the stock on a scoped AR. The ACE entry that was on it was too short. And I prefer to not use one of my A1's on this project. The A2 has always been to long for me. Has anyone tried to shorten one of these or is it not worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to JoshAston. He is the master of stock shortening. If it could be done, he would be the man for advice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry no help on the A2 shortening thing ... but did you try the receiver extension and the extended butt pad on the Ace entry stock to add length? ... mine seemed kind of short also but once I added the 1" receiver extension and the extended butt pad it made it the perfect length for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sorry no help on the A2 shortening thing ... but did you try the receiver extension and the extended butt pad on the Ace entry stock to add length? ... mine seemed kind of short also but once I added the 1" receiver extension and the extended butt pad it made it the perfect length for me.

No, I could try that but I'm using that stock for another rifle.

I'm thinking I might section it from the center instead of the end.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Top to bottom, A1, Ace ARFX-E with a DPMS Buttstock Extender:

And an RRA Entry with an extended buttpad next to a Sully:
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks MMcfpd those pictures are a big help. I may just go with the Sully and keep the entry for another rifle. I haven't tried the Sully yet but it looks just about right for this scoped AR.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top