Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2011 8:49:21 AM EDT
Please suggest a lower receiver vise block and a upper receiver action block.  I was about to go with Brownells until I saw the reviews.  Some had problems with DPMS.  
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Sinclair International lower vise blocks for my lowers.

Lower Vise Block

And PRI Mounts for my uppers. Like the PRI for its multiple ways of securing the upper receiver.

Upper Vise Block

Right side up-

Or upside down-

Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have Model 1 upper and lower blocks as well as a DPMS Panther Claw.

Block Worx is another popular choice.

Be sure to buy barrel vise jaws for proper, safe installation of muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the spikes lower block and think it's a great product. Plus you can't beat it for $20.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
That upper block won't keep you from torqueing an upper (or worse) if you've got a tight barrel nut.

The best upper blocks are, IMO, the clamshell type.  Much better support.

That lower block is fine, so long as you don't wrench too hard on the buffer tube/castle nut.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
As a woodworker, I made my lower receiver block, upper receiver clamp, and barrel blocks  the old fashioned way..... out of wood.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
For lower work I just used my bench, but I'm thinking about getting the R-Guns receiver block from AIM.

Has anyone had experience with it?

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top