Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2012 9:44:50 PM EDT
Finished this up last weekend but finally got a few pics to post. First, I would like to thank everyone on this site that has contributed opinions and recommendations — even answered my guileless PMs. No very long ago my knowledge of the AR platform was sparse and the build choices seemed overwhelming. A PSA and gearhog sale scored my two lowers and free float carbine rail, respectfully. This gave me some direction as to what I was building while the remaining parts continued to evolve. As I waited on upper parts to get back in stock from several companies I set up an Arms trust and started paperwork on a suppressor knowing the gun would be done way before the can arrived. I assembled the lower then the upper in a pistol configuration before finally adding the stock and making it a rifle. A few tools and a massive tube of grease later and I'm ready to put hurt on some new AR500 steel. It's going to the range this weekend.

Upper:
DD 14.5" 5.56mm LW Carbine CHF Barrel 1:7 with FSB
DD Carbine Length Gas Tube Assembly
DD A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
LWRC Free Floating Carbine Length Quad Rail
Spikes Tactical Complete 5.56/.223 Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) (MPI)
BCM/Vltor BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle Mod 4
YHM Phantom 5C2 flash hider/comp pinned/welded perm attached [ADCO]
Troy Battlesight Rear Sight BUIS
Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO) 2 MOA

Lower:
PSA Stripped Lower
PSA MOE Lower Build Kit
BAD-ASS (ambi-safety)
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul AFG1 - Angled Fore Frip
Magpul MOE stock
Spikes ST-T2 heavy buffer

Right around 7.5 lbs with optics (no mag)

The Troy and Aimpoint do co-witness but I was not able to snap a picture of it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You did well.  Congrats.    
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely done!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top