Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2014 6:35:38 PM EDT
Any members have experience with this stock?

Looks really cool, reminds me of the MP5's I used to shoot back in the day...

Finally found them in-stock and about to order it for one of my builds!

" />
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know to much about that one, but I have read that HK has stopped making the 416c do to reliability issues and it uses a similar design. Personally I love the look and was going to buy one myself but opted not to due to the fact that I wanted to go piston driven. The NEA stock uses a specially designed bolt carrier and I don't think you can go piston with it. If you do get one keep us posted I would like to know how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a pretty good discussion going on about it somewhere in here
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. Still hasn't been charged to my card and no shipping confirmation / tracking #.

Company sent me an e-mail saying they were back in stock so I ordered it. Guess I'll have to contact them and see what the deal is!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm. Still hasn't been charged to my card and no shipping confirmation / tracking #.

Company sent me an e-mail saying they were back in stock so I ordered it. Guess I'll have to contact them and see what the deal is!
View Quote

Mine came in last week or the week before...it's now a 2 position instead of a 5 or 6 position (which they were originally). Which is fine; realistically that's all anyone needs with a stock that measures the same length as a collapsed CAR stock when it's fully extended...

I need to send off another Form 1 for a lower dedicated to it.

The only issue I have, is that at the front end of the two stock legs, each side has a hole for a setscrew which extends out a little bit, so you can't accidentally yank the whole stock part out easily...but only one side has a set screw in it; the other side is empty. I'm wondering if both sides should have a screw in it, or if that's actually how it is supposed to be...

That, and it's a cast-iron bitch to disassemble/re-assemble an AR with this thing The buffer spring is no longer captive because the buffer is built into the bolt carrier...so you need to sort of compress it and kind of re-assemble it with the upper totally off, and line it up and sort of slide it on and down at the same time...

It's doable and it's probably pretty easy with practice, I'm just still getting used to it...
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a reply from the company (SFRC) and apparently all the CCS stocks that were "back in stock" were obviously  meant to fill the orders of those before me.... More are arriving in approximately one month.

Additionally, they have now added the following statement to the page where the CCS stock is displayed: "US Customers, you have to fill out an ATF Form 6 and 6A to import these to the US.  The link will be posted here next week with the form."

Any one else have to go through all of this just  for a collapsible stock???
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I got mine last year and I had about a 6-8 week wait but other than that no issues
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought one last year and like it for its intended purpose. It did take awhile to get but I did not have to fill out any paperwork to get it.

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:11:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got a reply from the company (SFRC) and apparently all the CCS stocks that were "back in stock" were obviously  meant to fill the orders of those before me.... More are arriving in approximately one month.

Additionally, they have now added the following statement to the page where the CCS stock is displayed: "US Customers, you have to fill out an ATF Form 6 and 6A to import these to the US.  The link will be posted here next week with the form."

Any one else have to go through all of this just  for a collapsible stock???
View Quote

No, I didn't have to fill out any forms...I don't know why they're putting that in, as this is a stock/furniture; not an implement of war, nor ammunition, nor a firearm...it may as well be a block of wood for all anyone cares, I think.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
According to [email protected], the last time they sent a shipment of CCS it was returned and they were told the ATF forms were now required.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]
YEah someone said in another thread that I can now expect a bill in the mail from USPS for it

If that's the case, no big deal...I'll wait for it
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Can anyone tell me what the width of this unit is? More specifically, what is the maximum width of a firearm, that this stock would fit on. The don't have any information on it really.

This would be awfully cool on an M11/9, but I think it is probably not going to be wide enough with the telescoping arms in the closed position.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I still have not received the stock...  They have finally answered one of my e-mails and said they were going to put the ATF forms up on their site. I asked if there would be instructions explaining exactly what info was required on the forms and now they are telling me that is part of the problem.

This company has no clue how to fill out the forms!!!

About call it quits and cancel my order!
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I got one on the EE so I didnt have to deal with the customs paperwork and fee. I bought it for a PDW build. To me is was like a boat, my two happiest days were the day it showed up and the day I sold it. Build quality is fantastic but the design is so so for my taste. It was heavy, had a poor cheek weld and you needed two hands to deploy. There is an easy fix for the deployment but I lost interest in it and went back to my beloved Sopmod.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Cancelled my order a few minutes ago...

Definitely not worth all this hassle just for a collapsible stock!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought one last year and like it for its intended purpose. It did take awhile to get but I did not have to fill out any paperwork to get it.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/Spikes%20SBR/59a5c85315615f21128f78ced85861c0.jpg
View Quote

Ur gonna post shyt like this and not give specs?! LOL
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cancelled my order a few minutes ago...

Definitely not worth all this hassle just for a collapsible stock!
View Quote

I wanted to try this stock as well but after the latest business with forms and other reviews I went when this instead. I like it and it's still pretty compact.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top