Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2016 8:25:36 PM EDT
I started this labor of love a long time ago, and finally have it to a point where I can share it.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  I have a range trip planned soon, I'll report back with how it shoots.  

Thanks for a piece of your time,
PIKE

Upper:
Rainier Billet Upper Receiver (Matched Set)
Rainier 10.5" Match Grade Barrel w/ 5R rifling
Rainier Match Phosphate BCG
AAC 51T Brake
AAC M42K
Geissele 9.5" MK4
Geissele Super Gas Block
Raptor Charging Handle
MFT low pro light
Strike MLOK Covers

Lower:
Rainier Billet Lower Receiver (Matched Set)
Geissele SD-C Trigger
BAD ASS 45 degree Selector
BAD  Take Down Pins
Seekins Bolt Catch
Seekins Magazine release
Norgon Ambi Mag Release
Magpul MOE + Grip
Magpul UBR Stock

Optic / Mount / BUIS
Magpul PRO BUIS
ADM Recon X 30MM Mount
Vortex PST 1-4

Only thing I've still got planned is an Arisaka offset MLOK mount and one of their 300 series lights.  I hope if did not forget anything,  if I did I'll update my OP.  Once again, thanks for stopping in guys.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks great. You did a fine job.
Congrats and enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well you did it right OP that is beautiful. I'll be looking for a full range report. Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good looking build.
Report back after shooting, but Im sure its 100%
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice build
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Real nice build OP!
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you have to modify the giessele rail to fit that rainier upper?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like you went all out, good looking rifle you got there OP.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, man. That turned out great! Need more pics with and without can.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the kind words guys,  not sure if the 1-4 is staying on it yet. I originally bought an MRO for this rifle, but once I got it all out together I changed my mind. A few different trips to the range will be the deciding factor I guess.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all, everything matched up perfect.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Really nice looking gun OP, love the choices you made for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
What's not to like?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Perfect
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
That mount looks good. I was wanting a Bobro mount for one of the guns we use as a store demo but it is out of stock. I really enjoy shooting irons so quick release is a must. May have to get something else and that one looks nice. Does it mark-up the upper receiver when you take it on and off?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't see the cartridge in the list. Is it safe to assume it is a 5.56?

I see you are planning on a new light. I know the MFT is simply a navigational light but do you find it useful?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That mount looks good. I was wanting a Bobro mount for one of the guns we use as a store demo but it is out of stock. I really enjoy shooting irons so quick release is a must. May have to get something else and that one looks nice. Does it mark-up the upper receiver when you take it on and off?
View Quote

Not really. As long as you have it adjusted properly it should not chew up your finish.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I didn't see the cartridge in the list. Is it safe to assume it is a 5.56?

I see you are planning on a new light. I know the MFT is simply a navigational light but do you find it useful?
View Quote

These MFT lights are in my opinion worth their weight in gold.  Anyone that has a high lumen light knows that high out put is a blessing and a curse at the same time. The MFT allows you to read , square away gear, and navigate with no problem. And with the solid white light it could operate as a steady burn back up lamp of you really needed it to.  With how much room it takes up on a rail, I doubt I'll ever build another gun that doesn't have one on it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
I won't be using any more Bobro mounts. They might be fine for red dots and light weight optics, but I've had two in a row with issues now.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice stick OP, what buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice stick OP, what buffer and spring?
View Quote

I'm using a standard carbine spring and H buffer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Took it to the range today. Shoots great, but it ejects brass to the next state and gases me pretty bad.   I'm thinking an SLR adjustable is about to be ordered.

I zero'ed at 50 yards. Planning on a 50/200 set up. Going to stretch it out soon. But for now, I just wanted to get the irons, 1-4, and MRO all zero'ed.   This is 10 shots with the Vortex 1-4 to get a feel for the gun.

This picture is a quick 4 shot group with the MRO. I much prefer the 1-4 over the MRO, but the MRO does have its upsides.

I really should have brought my suppressor cover. The mirage was being such a pain in the ass. I know for a fact this gun shoots better than I do. Hopefully future range trips will prove that to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

in for the answer to the above^  nicely done OP!
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already answered it lol. But the answer is no, it matched up perfectly!
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn man that optic is way forward. Can you shoot it like that? I would be sucking the charging handle to get a in the eye box with your setup.

I have the same Vortex in a Larue spr 1.5 mount but it sit with the ocular lens about 1/2" aft of the charging handle. It keeps my lips off the CH.

Nice looking setup however.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top