Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:10:34 PM EDT
Starting a ak74 project. Going to convert a saiga 5.45. Need help deciding on an optic. Whats is considered better, a Kobra red dot or one from the PK series? Do you see a big change in zero when removing the side mount and remounting to clean?  Is an ultimak with a red dot usually the best bet? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be honest, I have no idea but I'm liking what I am hearing from the PK-AS.  

1. It looks killer IMO.
2. It supposedly has a wide field of view.
3. I like that it is quick detach.
4. You can run it with no batteries in daylight.

Obviously you shouldn't take my advice since I have no experience with the site.  One who does seems to be Tx Zen.  From the photos he has posted, I gather he likes the site somewhat.

I'm very interested in this site my self.  

The Kobras seem cool with all the different patterns they have, just ugly IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Did  a search on the PK. Really liking those. Could only find the PK AS on east wave for $288.00.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO the PK-A is the easiest to zero, then the Kobra and lastly the PK-AS, but I prefer the PK-AS to them all. I know LiquidMetal has been happy with his PK-23 which is next on my list of optics to try.

Ulimately for me the deal maker is the always on black dot of the PK-AS, plus the small size and ease of shooting with both eyes open which is starting to become something I enjoy. You can still use irons with the PK-AS-S model which is the one I prefer, offset to the left.

Can't beat it for looks either, and I think it's built pretty darn tough.

SGL31

SLR105

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top