AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2010 6:00:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks  good. I personaly dont care for the grip and it seems kind of loooong
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool! You don't see too many suppressed AK's...
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The suppressor is a YHM 762. Honestly it takes the AK down to the sound of a .22 rifle with high velocity ammo. It does kick alot of gas back in your face though!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Does YHM make anything for the 24x1.5 FSB? I'm considering getting a can for my 5.45 Krink.

Z
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
are you asking about the 24x1 mectric left hand threads? if so yes they do, my can is quick detach. I simply took off the slant muzzle break and threaded on the flash hider/can mount.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yours should be 14x1 like many AK's, I meant the Bulgarian/Russian 74 style FSB like this:

Russian fake can for those threads:

eta: Do you have a link for yours perhaps? I didn't see anything AK specific on a quick skim of their site.

BTW, I think your AK is good...simple and practical. Nice

Z
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
been really wringing my hands on the whole can issue myself. BTW, really nice set up! But, I did hear that they do blow a ton of gas back. Still thinking one on the krink would be cool. The only thing I would worry about is bore alignment. We all know they don't build these rifles with precision instruments. I'm afraid of having a FSB that is a tad off and causing issues, but it's prob a non issue b/c there are companies that make them in 24mm threads
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
It was my mistake, they are the standard 14x1 left hand threads. To find the quick detach adapter for the can you need to look under accessories, under the flash hiders. there is one with the 14x1 threads. I dont recall how much it was, mabye $75 or so. I am well aware of the lack of quality control with AK's but I guess I lucked out becuse mine lined up perfectly. One thing that I found to help with the gas in the face is I take about 6" of duct tape and fold it onto itself and make a square that is about 2"x2". I then cut an X in the center, then take off the dust cover and line up the X with the hole in the dust cover and slide the cover back on. the detent for the spring will stick out the back as usual but it seems to really reduce the amount of gas blown back into your face.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
A WASR with a suppressor?
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A WASR with a suppressor?

....Why not?
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
So can you get the YHM suppressor with a 24 adapter?
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh, wood + tacticool shit = fail
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
pistol grip looks BAD (not good) with the wood. suppresor looks cool
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#14]
greenjelly, It may not look exactly what YOU think is "think" is cool but i gurantee it shoots better than anything youv got!  Who gives a shit about looks, its an AK first off and second it preformance that matters not looks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Meh, wood + tacticool shit = fail

Quoted:
greenjelly, It may not look exactly what YOU think is "think" is cool but i gurantee it shoots better than anything youv got!  Who gives a shit about looks, its an AK first off and second it preformance that matters not looks!

DING, DING, DING!

LET THE PISSING MATCH BEGIN!

(runs off to get popcorn)
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Form follows function in weaponry more than anything else.  If it does what the user wants it to do who cares what it looks like.  

Badass rifle BTW.  All these posers thinking a gun has to look a certain way can go pound sand.  They probably wax their balls too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 3:58:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Form follows function in weaponry more than anything else.  If it does what the user wants it to do who cares what it looks like.  

Badass rifle BTW.  All these posers thinking a gun has to look a certain way can go pound sand.  They probably wax their balls too.

Yes, but he was asking what we thought about his set up. I must have missed the part where he asked opinion on one portion more then another. Each of us will see various aspects of the whole that each would  or would  not do differntly.
Also doubt if anyone here waxes their balls.

Like I first mentioned 'looks good'!.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hey, fuck you bucko, I wax my balls.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer  nice, close shave....with a straight razor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#20]
wax is nice from time to time though
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If it shoots like you spell; my shotgun can group better at 100 yards.  

J/k man, you can do whatever you want.

Wood is for a traditional, classic Ak, and mixing heavy ass wood, and tactical shit doesn't make much sense to me...
But hey, if you have fun shooting it, that's all that matters; I'm just a practical guy.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So can you get the YHM suppressor with a 24 adapter?

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer  nice, close shave....with a straight razor.

Like the feel of hard boiled eggs...

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Hairy like Kiwi fruit.  My GF likes to floss every now and then.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]
GD is for discussing your taste in balls.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top