Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/30/2010 10:05:51 AM EDT
My search abilities are lacking.  I remember seeing a thread a while back about an AK (might have been Chris Costa's) that sported a Magpul grip, but I can't locate it.  Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Secondly, I would like to hear reviews and opinions on the Ace adapter that allows use of AR grips on AK's.  I have used the Hogue AK grips with good results, but I love the MOE/MIAD grips.

TIA
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Two threads on the subject here, but they are in the archives and you need to be a team member to view them.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120024
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120113

Some pics from those threads.  Without adapter:

With ACE adapter:

Link Posted: 4/30/2010 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on a AK 104.  Works fine.  I have MIAD's on all my AR's, too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm running a modified MOE without an adapter on my WASR. I plan to try using an adapter on my Saiga just to see if I like it better, if not I'll modify it to work without the adapter as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I decided to skip the adapter since it's a $5 part with $10 shipping. I cut up a MOE to fit mine.

Link Posted: 7/4/2010 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Two threads on the subject here, but they are in the archives and you need to be a team member to view them.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120024

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120113
[/url]

How did I miss those! Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two ACE adapters.  One works well, the other does not.  I put an AR A2 grip on the one and it was suprisingly comfy!

I also tried a CAA grip w/interchangeable panels, and couldn't get two of them to stay tight on a Saiga 12 gauge and a Bulgy '74 build.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]
All you need is a dremel, the instructions above and a  6mm x 30 bolt from the hardware store.  This will allow you to use the original grip nut for the rifle
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All you need is a dremel, the instructions above and a  6mm x 30 bolt from the hardware store.  This will allow you to use the original grip nut for the rifle

You don't even need a dreme;, I did my Magpul MOE grip with a double sided file and an exacto knife.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two of the ACE adapters.  Neither one (they are the same) would put the grip up against the trigger guard on my WASR, my STG-2000C, or my Yugo M70 (all low-end AKs, so they very well could be out of spec).  Each one had a gap between the adapter and the trigger guard's rear.  I'm not too impressed.  I tried A2 grips and Hogue grips.

Your mileage may vary, but I gave up when Hogue came out with the AK grips.  Each of my AKs has one of those now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I used an ACE adapter to install a MIAD on my Vepr. It iwas not "attach and screw on"  installation. The instructions even suggest you may need to remove material, based on what grip you use. I still needed to remove some material from my MIAD grip for a proper fit. Now that  I think about it: Since I had to file it down to fit anyways, I might as well just file it down enough and do away with the ACE adapter just like the guy did above. Plus it would blend in better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I also tried the l adapters and it did not  work that well for me. There was  a sl. gap between the end of the adpater and the receiver. The grip was on tight but I could see the gap get bigger by pulling or pushing on the grip. I got rid of it.  Currently there are more options for AK grips so less benefit in considering the grip adapter.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top