Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2011 4:17:11 PM EDT
I know that this topic has been talked to death, but I know that manufacturers come and go, as of right now, if I want to change the furniture on my SLANT cut MAK 90, what are my options? I know that IWD is good, but they don't sell synthetic... I want a set of furniture that will be able to go through Hell and back without getting dinged up, cracked, and warped. Are there companies that make them or am I SOL?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a slant cut too and there are not many options.  You could put a regular set of synethic on, it just would show the small triangle cut out on each side.  I'm not aware of anyone making slant cut synthetic, too small of a market.  As far as Ironwood, they do make a laminated birch for the slant cut MAK, I would think that would be the furniture that takes the most abuse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
IWD is about it for angle cut stocks, if you don't mind showing the gap then a K-VAR stock would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Put an underfolder rear trunion back on it and convert it to an underfolder?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe Choate has a synthetic "Draganov-style" thumbhole stock for the slant cut (milled) MAKs.   I have heard complaints about its length of pull being too long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
My cousin wanted a synthetic stock also on his MAK 90, but Tapco and K-Var's  stock left the gap by the receiver. So I got a IWD slant cut stock and had it Duracoated black. It looks like a synthetic stock now, but it is much heavier. With the weight to the rear, he said it balanced well.
Before
]
After Duracoat

This is the only option we could come up with for a "synthetic stock". I think if he would have got the whole set and had it duracoated it would have looked better. But he didn't want to spend the extra cash and he likes the Tapco quad rail for the red dot anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Folks use Marine Coat epoxy (I think that's the name) to re-contour Glock grips.  You could buy a standard plastic stock, and fill the gap with the epoxy.

Or, buy the Ironwood stock.  I just bought a laminated stock for a MAK90 a few weeks ago.  It was pretty (unfinished).
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
DK that stock came out really nice.  I usually don't like painted wood but that looks good.  IWD has a bunch of new listings for their woodpile, mostly Walnut, if someone wants a much cheaper but less than perfect stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a Mak-90, not a Russian T-2.  Put a synthetic on there and forget about the gap, its not that big.

Better yet, go with an ace folder.

Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a Mak-90, not a Russian T-2.  Put a synthetic on there and forget about the gap, its not that big.

Better yet, go with an ace folder.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/MVC-220F.jpg

Where did you get the spacer to fill in the space between the folder, & the slant?  I was just on Ace's website, & they say they only sell the rear block for a square cut receiver.  GARY  N4KVE
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top