Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/28/2012 3:09:26 PM EDT
Were there Albanian made ak's ? A friend has asked me this I turned here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. They were made on Chinese tooling and featured folding spike bayonets just like the Chinese Type 56 and/or milled Type 56 receivers with hooded FSB's and any other configuration that the Chinese produced at the time the tooling was transferred.

ETA: Albanians:

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. His next question is going to be are there Albanian versions for sale in the USA?
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thank you. His next question is going to be are there Albanian versions for sale in the USA?

No, at least not imported. Many people have built one off clones using Chinese imported rifles.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the info the pics are great!
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Great pics.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
What's with the funky cut buttstock in the first picture?  And the rope wrapped around the trigger?  Many of the other stamped ones do not have dimples and some do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What's with the funky cut buttstock in the first picture?  And the rope wrapped around the trigger?  Many of the other stamped ones do not have dimples and some do.

You pull the string while holding it around or above cover to fire.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
And cute AK girls again! Can't get enough of that funky stuff!
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The rifles with the dimpled receivers were exported to Albania from China as parts and assembled there. Later, when the Albanians got the tooling all setup they omitted the dimples in all of their in country produced rifles.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He's also missing the folding bayonet & has a Yugo grip.  Also, helmet is diff from the other pix of Albanian soldiers...militia or other paramilitary group?  Kosovo Liberation Army?
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's probably considered a high end custom tactical rifle over there. That buttstock is kinda neat though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's also missing the folding bayonet & has a Yugo grip.  Also, helmet is diff from the other pix of Albanian soldiers...militia or other paramilitary group?  Kosovo Liberation Army?

Well that helmet looks to be US, as well as the field jacket and rolled up sleeping mat. Perhaps they were participating in some FMTU exercise and were provided with gear. The missing bayonet was very common on Albanian rifles and rifles around the world that used spike bayonet. When the spring housed inside the bayonet cap becomes weak it allows the bayonet to sag slightly, which could lead to you jabbing your hand into the point if you grabbing your rifle hastily.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I totally forgot that albania was a commi state.

I wonder if they will swtich to 5.56 since they are part of NATO now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rifles with the dimpled receivers were exported to Albania from China as parts and assembled there. Later, when the Albanians got the tooling all setup they omitted the dimples in all of their in country produced rifles.

Keep in mind China also manufactured the "non-dimple" receiver variant for the Peoples Liberation Army, as well.  The variants without the dimple on the receiver was also issued to Chinese forces.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind China also manufactured the "non-dimple" receiver variant for the Peoples Liberation Army, as well.  The variants without the dimple on the receiver was also issued to Chinese forces.

Oh I know that, just saying from my research all of the dimpled receiver rifles in Albania were from China.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Very cool pics. Now I want an Albanian 56S.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone knows where to get an albanian made ak on me!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top