Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:38:21 PM EDT
Not wanting to pull the FSB and GB so I've been thinking about converting the front end.

Still in the thinking phase - will determine after I get to the range this weekend, as I like the factory handguard.

But.....if I were to, is dinzag the way to go?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used Dinzag's bolt on HG retainer. Works well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I used the CSS bolt on Handguard retainer and have shot quite a few rounds the rifle with no issues. It's seems well made, has stayed secure, and even has cleaning rod hole. The only thing I would recommend is making a small dimple in the top of the barrel for the set screw to grab into and use some blue Loctite on the threads and you should be gtg.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used the css one and it works good. I think either dinzag or css is good to go. If you decide, I no longer need mine. 30 bucks and its yours.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I was going to suggest the dimple also.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the dinzag ones but it was close to $100.00 when I bought it.  I would get a cheaper one if CSS is less.  One another Saiga I own I went the ultra-cheap way and modified a $15.00 original hand guard retainer.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one of the dinzag ones but it was close to $100.00 when I bought it.  I would get a cheaper one id CSS is less.  One another Saiga I own I went the ultra-cheap way and modified a $15.00 original hand guard retainer.

Go on...
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I left my Harbor Freight press at my house in AZ when I rented it out.  Renters called me and wanted to buy house so I sold it with stuff including the press in it.  Bought a bunch of Saigas when they were still cheap, wanted to put regular hand guards on them but no press.

WECSOG

The barrel has relief cuts that allows the original type to slide on and fit with no wobble.  Cut and grind a hand guard retainer to slip over barrel, slide into place and secure with a small bolt and nut through the holes for the retainer release which is removed. There are better nuts than the one I used but it was all I had.  Bit of Loctite and it is secure.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had great luck with mine.  Seems to be out of stock right now, though.  http://saiga-ak.com/index.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had great luck with mine.  Seems to be out of stock right now, though.  http://saiga-ak.com/index.html

I used one of these and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've used Dinzag's bolt on HG retainer. Works well.

Me too, he's a great guy and makes excellent products.

Also have his Saiga-12 gas tube mod. Absolutely improved the aesthetics and to me made the gun

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have used the css one and it works good. I think either dinzag or css is good to go. If you decide, I no longer need mine. 30 bucks and its yours.

Did you get my letter ?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top