BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/9/2013 8:04:36 AM EDT
This is one of the best AK variants in my opinion... Lets see and talk about what you've got...

AK102 in 5.56

AK104 in 7.62

AK105 in 5.45

SLR106 CR in 5.56

SLR107CR in 7.62

This is my SGL32-61 in 5.45

...and my 106CR in 5.56...

...also have an SLR107CR but no pics right now... can't decide if I want to SBR them or not...

Let's see what you have, SBR's welcome!!

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I would love to have a 105, but that being said.....if I was going to do it, I'd probably do a 104 1st. There's just something about 7.62x39 in that package that I find appealing. I just got an M92 and haven't shot it yet, so that evaluation may change.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have now tagged this thread for the awesomness that will be shown.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
104's

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

...also have an SLR107CR but no pics right now... can't decide if I want to SBR them or not...

Let's see what you have, SBR's welcome!!

This is the last AK that I want to round out my collection. I want one SBR'd with a Definitive Arms mag adapter, and probably an optic.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I too think the 104 is pure awesomeness and a slr107cr is very high on my list of wants.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Arrived today and is quite the piece.

With PK1 Obzor (formerly 1P63 Obzor)

1P78 Kashtan

Selector markings

Rivet work and 74M/100 series dimples

74M and 105

AKSU and 105

Comparison of AKSU and AK105 boosters (105 on bottom)

Z
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would love to have a 105, but that being said.....if I was going to do it, I'd probably do a 104 1st. There's just something about 7.62x39 in that package that I find appealing. I just got an M92 and haven't shot it yet, so that evaluation may change.

I want all three damnit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My SLR107CR is my new favorite AK. I just need to get the barrel chopped and my CNC Warrior brake welded on. Then it will be perfect.  

Pics aren't loading...
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
You knew it was coming:

105 in current config:

my 104's in here somewhere.....

106cr on the top...

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]

About time you showed up. Great rifles!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#14]
My new 106CR is back at Arsenal because of a canted FGB, a canted RGB and lots of jamming.. Good thing I have these to keep me company while I wait.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#16]

It's kind of a shame you used Bulgarian fsb/gb's. Nice rifles though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's difficult to run a Russian type without a Russian barrel. The gas port isn't in the same location so you have to either drill it at an angle to meet or plug the Bulgarian port and re-drill for the Russian.

Personally I just all Bulgarian configuration.

RR77

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's difficult to run a Russian type without a Russian barrel. The gas port isn't in the same location so you have to either drill it at an angle to meet or plug the Bulgarian port and re-drill for the Russian.

RR77

I am aware of the different gas hole locations. It would be worth the extra effort to make them correct, especially for sbr's. The Bulgarian combo sights look strange. Not a fan.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR77

I am aware of the different gas hole locations. It would be worth the extra effort to make them correct, especially for sbr's. The Bulgarian combo sights look strange. Not a fan.

Since I'm in IL and can't have an SBR, I figured using the Bulgy wouldn't be a big deal, since it couldn't be EXACTLY like the Rusky.  I would've made me sick to pin that compensator to the gas block combo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#20]
pretty plain Jane but its mine..

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#21]
107cr

106cr
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#22]
My 104

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

SNIP

Got a good source for Russian GB's and Boosters?
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#24]
A 105 clone is my next project.  I am just currently short the rifle, FSB, cleaning rod, rear sight, and booster.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm dreaming of a 105. It has an AKSU rear sight and a metal handguard with keymod on the sides and a long rail on top. XS sights.

But I'm not sure it could even be made.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm dreaming of a 105. It has an AKSU rear sight and a metal handguard with keymod on the sides and a long rail on top. XS sights.

A 105 with a krink rear sight is do-able.  Been day dreaming about it myself.  Just cut part of the regular AK RSB and weld the hinge part of the krink hinge block to it.  Rivet a section of rail to the top of the top cover.  I wanted to do all that plus a galil style thumb safety.

The welding for the hinge on the RSB would take some work to finish and make look nice, but shouldn't be hard for any decent builder.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 105 with a krink rear sight is do-able.  Been day dreaming about it myself.  Just cut part of the regular AK RSB and weld the hinge part of the krink hinge block to it.  Rivet a section of rail to the top of the top cover.  I wanted to do all that plus a galil style thumb safety.

The welding for the hinge on the RSB would take some work to finish and make look nice, but shouldn't be hard for any decent builder.

I don't understand what you just said on a technical level haha.

Who would one go to for this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha no sweat.  I was going to run the project by Matt Yeamens when the time comes.  He's a good AK builder that seems to be more than willing to do custom work like that for a decent price.  His website is pretty sparse, but his work has a good track record.  He did a reweld build for me that came out real nice.

http://www.mygunsnorthwest.com/
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Where would I look for the parts?

I'm AK ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The better way to do this is to pull all the barrel components and press on a Krink RSB with the hinge block. You'll also then need a Krink FSB, because the rear sight is made to work in a slightly higher plane to get above the hinge.

Any competent AK builder should be able to do this work.

Rails and stuff are easy from there.

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The better way to do this is to pull all the barrel components and press on a Krink RSB with the hinge block. You'll also then need a Krink FSB, because the rear sight is made to work in a slightly higher plane to get above the hinge.

Thought of that.  It'll work obviously, but it'll bring other issues if you aren't just building the front end just like a krink.

To make it 105 length and do it that way you'll end up needing a custom gas tube, because neither the krink one or a regular length one will be long enough.  Then you'll have issues with the length of the handguards (I think it would just look weird with krink handguards.. like a stretched krink).

The hinge welded to a regular RSB just seemed like the solution with the least amount of hassle.  I've been trying to see if the krink FSB would be a direct replacement for the 105 one, but don't have a 105 around here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Where would I look for the parts?

I'm AK ignorant.

K-var should have most of them, but it's gonna get pretty spendy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought of that.  It'll work obviously, but it'll bring other issues if you aren't just building the front end just like a krink.

To make it 105 length and do it that way you'll end up needing a custom gas tube, because neither the krink one or a regular length one will be long enough.  Then you'll have issues with the length of the handguards (I think it would just look weird with krink handguards.. like a stretched krink).

The hinge welded to a regular RSB just seemed like the solution with the least amount of hassle.  I've been trying to see if the krink FSB would be a direct replacement for the 105 one, but don't have a 105 around here.

I was building a super short pistol, so I wanted to use the Krink sights on AKM everything else. I found that the front sight pin for the Krink front sight was at a higher dimension above the centerline of the bore than the regular FSB. I think they raised the sight plane to get it above the hinge.

With the one I was doing, I used a regular AKM gas tube I had ground down to fit into the rear sight block of the Krink.

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm dreaming of a 105. It has an AKSU rear sight...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]
That upper handguard looks quite a bit longer than a normal one.

Cool pic for sure, it's pretty much what I've been picturing in my head.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]
It's most of the way there. Now it needs a full length top rail on the forend and a bull length plastic bottom piece.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Avtomat%20Kalashnikova/Bulgaria/ar-sf001_zps801a2d3a.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Misc/BulgariaDidIt_zps7d52ce14.jpg

Still trying to figure out why the Bulgarians would use a Hungarian grip....
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been thinking of having the front end on a SAM7R changed to 104 style with the front sight gas block combo. Is this a wise decision? And should any builder be able to do this without risk of screwing anything up?

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I've been thinking of having the front end on a SAM7R changed to 104 style with the front sight gas block combo. Is this a wise decision? And should any builder be able to do this without risk of screwing anything up?

Don't know if it's wise, but it sure would be sweet! And any builder should be able to do it easily.

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Avtomat%20Kalashnikova/Bulgaria/ar-sf001_zps801a2d3a.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Misc/BulgariaDidIt_zps7d52ce14.jpg

Still trying to figure out why the Bulgarians would use a Hungarian grip....

Maybe they had some to get rid of? This seems like just a bunch of parts put together like most really cool bulgarian concoctions. It doesn't have a pistol grip reinforcement plate so maybe the hungarian grip gives it more support? I hhave seen bulgarian aks74 without the plate too though and black furniture so who knows?
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Thread needs more pics....

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Thank you, she's 100% Russian......from the muzzle booster to the PK-A red dot
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's pretty slick, if it wasn't for the U.K.'s gun laws it would be that much sweeter, but question: I like the look of the worn finish, it adds a lot of character to the rifle, but did it come worn like that or have you been using it quite a bit?
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty slick, if it wasn't for the U.K.'s gun laws it would be that much sweeter, but question: I like the look of the worn finish, it adds a lot of character to the rifle, but did it come worn like that or have you been using it quite a bit?

It gets used a lot!, my local range is pretty close by and I spend a fair bit of time there.That said I don't think the finish is very hardwearing, the finish on my Dragunov SVDS is tanklike compared to the Saiga.Just noticed it appears more worn in photos than it does in the metal, which is odd.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Hot damn this is an awesome thread!

I just picked up my SLR 107CR a few weeks ago.  I'll try and contribute with pics once I get home from work.

After having owned an SGL-21, I will say that my SLR blows it out of the water.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#49]
My first build is going to be a 105 from a flat.... it will be seen here. Need a flat and some more tools....

evl....
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
107CR with the furniture off my 106FR. Only thing I've done to it is thread the muzzle and added a Smith Vortex.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top