Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/22/2013 7:11:28 AM EDT
I've had this Saiga since 2003 and converted it myself around 2004 when there were no Saiga conversion kits.  Fabbed my own bullet guide/feedramp and all other work.  I then collected some AK-104 parts from K-VAR back in the day and did an AK-104 wannabe clone without the side folding stock.  The Saiga cost me $200 or $250 back then.  The AK-USA extended AK-104 muzzle break is welded to the FSB to bring it to 16".  It's wearing a Galil grip that was trimmed to clear the Galil safety on my Kreb's, I'll probably swap it ou with a regular grip.  Probably needs a non-vented gas tube as well as ditching the rivets from the old FCG.

This is one of my AK "mutts" compared to my VEPR, Saiga Tromix Krink, Kreb's KTR-03S.ng it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Only $150-175 now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Remove the price check unless you want this thread locked.  Just leave the pic of the AK and what you did to it.

Nice AK!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#3]
~$700-800 would be my best guess, there's still a lot of work to be done on it for a correct clone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
leave it as is or put a bonesteel folder on it.

And shoot the shit out of it.

Nice functional all around carbine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
leave it as is or put a bonesteel folder on it.

And shoot the shit out of it.

Nice functional all around carbine.
View Quote

I don't think I've shot it since 2007, too many other AK's I enjoy more
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been thinking real hard about cutting down the barrel on my 5.45 Saiga.
As it is I have it set up like an AK74M with Plum. Wanting to cut it down (permanent extension to keep 16") and keep the plum but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. My problem with it as it sits is that the thing is just a front heavy tank to lug around.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been thinking real hard about cutting down the barrel on my 5.45 Saiga.
As it is I have it set up like an AK74M with Plum. Wanting to cut it down (permanent extension to keep 16") and keep the plum but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. My problem with it as it sits is that the thing is just a front heavy tank to lug around.
View Quote

This AK-104 is very light, feels 6.5-7 lbs, well balanced, has lightweight furniture
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing that has kept me on the fence about chopping the barrel on my CR and permanently attaching Chris Butler's brake is that it looks like it would be a major pain in the ass to clean. OP, since you have owned the gun for quite a while, what is your impression? How do you clean the brake?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One thing that has kept me on the fence about chopping the barrel on my CR and permanently attaching Chris Butler's brake is that it looks like it would be a major pain in the ass to clean. OP, since you have owned the gun for quite a while, what is your impression? How do you clean the brake?
View Quote

This is the AK forum, what is this cleaning you speak of?  I have cleaned my barrel, receiver and has tube but never my brake.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top