Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2014 3:05:45 AM EDT
I changed out my AK (mini-draco) trigger for a Tapco G2 trigger.  
When I disassembled it, I found a little steel washer around the disconnector spring.  The new G2 did not have this.

The new trigger is MUCH better (I also polished it before installing it); HOWEVER, the reset is very light--meaning, if you ride the reset, it's REALLY easy to accidentally re-pull the trigger and fire another round.  

I don't know if this is because I polished it so well or if that washer was doing something useful.
Any ideas?  Is the steel ring around the disconnector spring common (all my previous AKs were Saigas/Arsenals and I've never seen that part before).

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen a washer there myself.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Two possibilities:  If the spring fit inside the center of the washer it could have served the purpose of keeping the spring centered in position.  Or if the spring rides on top of the washer it could have been placed there in order to increase spring preload on the disconnector.   I'm not sure what the first option would help with, but the second preload idea might help with the light reset issue you mentioned.  If you really wonder about it, stick it in with the G2 trigger if it will fit and test for any difference in feel.  I'd be interested to know if it made a difference.  Might be a quick fix for what some people say is a fault in the G2 trigger design....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]
This is used as a spacer on single hook triggers, because of the extra space because we don't use a rate reducer on semi auto guns. I have seen this spacer on Romy, & Hungarian guns. Egyptian Maadi guns use a small spring for the same effect. Originally AK's were all made with double hook triggers. When the AKM came out, it was decided they fired too fast, so the right side hook on the trigger was removed, & replaced with a rate reducer. Since we don't need that here, something had to be installed to take up the space. The solution was the spacer ring, or go back to the double hook trigger.  GARY
https://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-009SP.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
That's not the same area though that he's talking about Gary. His diagram looks like he's talking about a washer on the disconnector spring between disconnector and botttom of receiver, not the side.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never seen that. I'd bet it's the spacer I'm talking about that fell down there during assembly.  GARY
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, I'm sure N4KV is right.
I took the disconnector off and it fell out.  I assumed it was on the spring, since it fits around it, but that was evidently incorrect.
I bet it is a spacer....I should probably put it back (we'll see if that helps with the super light trigger--it's not the reset really....just a 2-2.5lb trigger pull).
This trigger is much lighter than my AR's SSA.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top