Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2015 8:24:13 PM EDT
How many people in the forum are running the TWS Handguard?  I've read a lot of forum posts on it from 2012 and 2013, and it seems like no one owns it but everyone has a functional opinion of it.  Can anyone speak from experience on whether they like or dislike it?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my Saiga 5.45 and I love it.  It's very well made and looks awesome.  The only negatives I have noticed are the following:

1.  It's a pain to install.  Instructions are inadequate and you pretty much have to figure it out yourself.
2.  Once you put it on, its really best that you avoid ever taking it off again, because its a pain to put it all back together.
3.  Because of #1 and #2 above, it makes me not want to shoot my 7n6 corrosive ammo, because cleaning out the gas tube is more cumbersome when leaving the handguard on.

Other than those things, it really is a nice, solid handguard.  I'm running the TWS dogleg also, and have Troy micro flip-up sights co-witnessing with my Aimpoint.  Really a sweet setup, I'll try to post some pics later.

If you decide to get it, contact me for some installation tips.  It will make your life easier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Got it set up for pig hunting with NV.  Crimson Trace IR laser in front.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, that is exactly what I want to do with it.  Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
There are a few Russian Spetznaz teams using it....if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just trying to decide between the troy and the tws and I can't!  Good choices!~
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Indeed a tough call.  I can personally vouch for TWS customer service.  I accidently broke one of the small parts by wayyy overtightening it  It was clearly my fault, but Nelson sent me a replacement free of charge, even after I told him it was my fault.  I've heard excellent things about Troy too, so I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever decision you make.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/mannerheim_77/20150711_101051_edit_1441598261360.jpg
View Quote

That is a great looking rifle, good job!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/mannerheim_77/20150711_101051_edit_1441598261360.jpg
View Quote

These are the only types of builds in which I would use the TWS handguards.  Other than that, they are way too complicated for what they accomplish.  That said, for these types of builds, they are outstanding.  

Some of mine...

TWS AK47 FDE

TWS AK47 Black

TWS AK74 FDE

TWS AK74 Black

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
All I can say is wow!  Those are some really nice builds you got there!
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
You are really selling me on the TWS.  Unfortunately, I sent them an e-mail last week asking when they'd be back in stock and I have yet to receive a reply :/
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top