Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2016 4:45:34 PM EDT
It will be featured in the upcoming issue of the Book of the AK47 Special all-AK issue by Firearms News

The Suppressor is the SilcensorCo Omega. Oh, it ran super quiet with no piston-pop. Very accurate with SilcensorCo Harvester and Blackhills 220gr subsonic.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
How long now have they been talking about releasing a press and pin version of that Venom block? The thing looks like a bag of ass with those screws.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I must be missing something. If you want a quiet .30 cal, why not just load x39 subsonic?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must be missing something. If you want a quiet .30 cal, why not just load x39 subsonic?
View Quote

Because x39 is sooooo 1940's.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought Book of the AK47 was a Guns and Ammo publication like the the Book of the AR15?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought Book of the AK47 was a Guns and Ammo publication like the the Book of the AR15?
View Quote

AR15 editors and writers don't know jack about AK and unwilling to learn about it. The issue have been running down for the last few years. G&A wants to kill it until Firearms News (formerly the Shotgun News) taking it over.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it dehorned?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it dehorned?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How long now have they been talking about releasing a press and pin version of that Venom block? The thing looks like a bag of ass with those screws.
View Quote

No joke.

If the jmac dude can put out a decent looking fsb/gb combo - surely the RD folks can.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Forgive the ignorance but what's that gas block/gas tube configuration called?

Always liked the look of those but never knew what that particular AK pattern is called.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Always liked the look of those but never knew what that particular AK pattern is called.
View Quote

The gas block is a Venom Tactical gas block and the gas tube is an Ultimak. That style of gas block doesn't really have an official nomenclature and are typically just referred to as combination or combo blocks since they combine both the gas block and the front sight block.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I am missing something, but with no significant  design change of the gas system isn't it still going to be balls loud? I hate to say it, but AR in 300 will still smoke it in regards to suppression. It doesn't make serious sense, but he will sell them.

The thing looks like a bag of ass with those cheap Fang Sheng screws

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Not impressed at all, especially since sub-sonic 7.62x39 is supposed to be coming.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The gas block is a Venom Tactical gas block and the gas tube is an Ultimak. That style of gas block doesn't really have an official nomenclature and are typically just referred to as combination or combo blocks since they combine both the gas block and the front sight block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So that set up is a Venom product and not represented on any "official" AK variant?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So that set up is a Venom product and not represented on any "official" AK variant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That one in particular is, but similar ones are used on many rifles.

ETA: AK-105

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/metralhadora-do-kalashnikov-ak-105-12918077.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/metralhadora-do-kalashnikov-ak-105-12918077.jpg

Interesting, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is it dehorned?
View Quote

freaking better be dehorned!

all jokes aside, having a good quality can on a 30 cal AK and being able to shoot STANDARD supersonic loads is achievable. I have gem tech'a sandstorm on mine, and i shoot all day long without hearing protection using any 7,62x39 ammunition.

when I load subsonic using 220gr projectiles its stupid quiet. and cost? nowhere near the cost of brass of 300 blackout. I guess i am one of those idiots that never understood why all the hype about 300 AAC when 7,62x39 is still around. Perhaps i should look into ballistics of the two cartridges and compare them.

Good friend of mine ditched his suppressed 300 AAC AR and went back to CMMG mutant to reload 7,62x39 and stuck the can on that rifle.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it comes it comes to the Venom gas block itself, correct. Russia, Romania, East Germany, and Bulgaria (I'm sure I'm missing others) produced guns with their own version of the combo block, with Russia using it in multiple calibers for export sales in the AK-102, AK-104, and AK-105 rifles. Romania has their own style seen in the AIMR and the civilian Draco. East Germany used to make one that was seen on their MPi-AK-74NK that JMac Customs now reproduces. Bulgaria experimented with a Russian style combo block, but theirs was modified so that it could be installed on a standard AK/AKS-74 pattern barrel without modification to the barrel itself which the Russian model requires. They even experimented with some that required a longer gas tube and piston where they put the combo block out near where the original front sight block would sit on an AKS-74. As far as I know, they didn't proceed with that gas block past military testing on any official rifles, but used them on their commercial rifles available through K-Var.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When it comes it comes to the Venom gas block itself, correct. Russia, Romania, East Germany, and Bulgaria (I'm sure I'm missing others) produced guns with their own version of the combo block, with Russia using it in multiple calibers for export sales in the AK-102, AK-104, and AK-105 rifles. Romania has their own style seen in the AIMR and the civilian Draco. East Germany used to make one that was seen on their MPi-AK-74NK that JMac Customs now reproduces. Bulgaria experimented with a Russian style combo block, but theirs was modified so that it could be installed on a standard AK/AKS-74 pattern barrel without modification to the barrel itself which the Russian model requires. They even experimented with some that required a longer gas tube and piston where they put the combo block out near where the original front sight block would sit on an AKS-74. As far as I know, they didn't proceed with that gas block past military testing on any official rifles, but used them on their commercial rifles available through K-Var.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great info.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe I am missing something, but with no significant  design change of the gas system isn't it still going to be balls loud? I hate to say it, but AR in 300 will still smoke it in regards to suppression. It doesn't make serious sense, but he will sell them.

The thing looks like a bag of ass with those cheap Fang Sheng screws

View Quote

I'm guessing the primary draw is the ready availability of sub-sonic .300blk compared to x39. It'll be quieter than a standard suppressed AK, but as you pointed out not nearly as quiet as a suppressed .300blk AR.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#20]
As long as the user has never heard a good 300 Blk AR with subs and a can they will think it is great.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]
At this point, why would he stick with 556 AK mags? Might as well have just sent it off to Definitive Arms for an AR magwell conversion.
Or just buy one of their 556 AKs and convert it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it dehorned?

Yep, we have a special thread about that elsewhere, and have now created a new verb : "fullerizing", it's like "tapco-f**king" only more special with much de-horning goodness.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ease of assembly.  It's as simple as that.  Mediocre parts at top tier prices.  That stock adapter is garbage too.  If Canis could pick up production of their stock adapter and people would stop worshiping all things RD, no one would bother buying the RD adapter.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ease of assembly.  It's as simple as that.  Mediocre parts at top tier prices.  That stock adapter is garbage too.  If Canis could pick up production of their stock adapter and people would stop worshiping all things RD, no one would bother buying the RD adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't like the RD combo, here's a repro German one JMac:
http://www.jmac-customs.com/collections/frontpage/products/gbc-13-front-sight-gas-block-combo?variant=9530026115

Also, for the rest of you, I will see if I can upload the video of the firing the Rifle Dynamics 300 Blk to http://www.alloutdoorstech.com/. It's as quiet as the AR15. FYI, there're quit a bit of custom work on the gas system and the bolt timing. Remember that Rifle Dynamics is a custom shop.

I also have the video of the Arsenal/Gemtech setup in video but won't be able to upload that due to Recoil Mag has the exclusive on the web until August. That combo is nowhere as quiet, and yes, it was firing subsonic 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for 110% truth, that RD crap is not even in the same league as the Canis adapter, it's ridiculous to even compare the two.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top