Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:39:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Snagged a redwood krink  from PSA yesterday.

I'm guessing a Bulgarian 4.5 pin hole triangle stock will drop right in without any hassle?

View Quote
Congrats!

Keep in mind there are two set screws inside the rear trunnion. They can be tightened or loosened from inside the receiver with a hex key to adjust tension.  Mine were too tight (I had to use a rubber mallet to unlock the latch!), and I was using a PSA triangle stock. I backed them all the way off and the stock fit tightly, but not too tight.

The pin required a few light taps with a hammer, but I didn't have to file or sand on anything.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Congrats!

Keep in mind there are two set screws inside the rear trunnion. They can be tightened or loosened from inside the receiver with a hex key to adjust tension.  Mine were too tight (I had to use a rubber mallet to unlock the latch!), and I was using a PSA triangle stock. I backed them all the way off and the stock fit tightly, but not too tight.

The pin required a few light taps with a hammer, but I didn't have to file or sand on anything.
View Quote

Thanks,im excited to get it.

Interesting  wasn't aware of these set screws. Do these adjust the tension on the latch?

So the triangle stock on psa website for $130 is good to go?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Railed version is in stock as of right now
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:52:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#4]

Interesting  wasn't aware of these set screws. Do these adjust the tension on the latch?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They actually push on the stock itself. Pushing it into the latch.  I assume they are there to take up any slack and play as the latch or hinge wears. It's a good idea, but since mine is new and tight, I just put some Loctite on them them and adjusted them flush with the surface of the trunnion.  You could remove the set screws completely, but they may come in handy someday if the stock ever loosens up and rattles.

I looked at my PSA AK-102 and it has these set screws as well. I never noticed them before.

Yeah, it seem nicely made to me. As far as I can tell from pictures of the Bulgarian and Russian stocks, the PSA is an identical copy.

Plus if you ever have any trouble with it, you should be covered by PSA's warranty.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
^ Nice!  What suppressor are you using?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
^ Nice!  What suppressor are you using?
View Quote

Aero Lahar 30K. I had to get an adapter from Jmac to fit the krinks threads.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Alignment was all good ?

I was just sitting here thinking about ordering a FAT CAT when they get back into stock for mine.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

Aero Lahar 30K. I had to get an adapter from Jmac to fit the krinks threads.
View Quote
I like those JMac mounts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sajer:

Alignment was all good ?
View Quote
PSA's barrels are G2G.  Both my AK102 and the Krink were perfectly concentric with an alignment rod and my OSS 556 can.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven’t checked alignment yet. Just threw it on real quick for a picture lol.

This being a 30cal can I hope there is some room for error. Although I don’t expect there to be any issues.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
PSA's barrels are G2G.  Both my AK102 and the Krink were perfectly concentric with an alignment rod and my OSS 556 can.

View Quote

Good to hear this. I have some rods on the way. So I will confirm my alignment soon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
They actually push on the stock itself. Pushing it into the latch.  I assume they are there to take up any slack and play as the latch or hinge wears. It's a good idea, but since mine is new and tight, I just put some Loctite on them them and adjusted them flush with the surface of the trunnion.  You could remove the set screws completely, but they may come in handy someday if the stock ever loosens up and rattles.

I looked at my PSA AK-102 and it has these set screws as well. I never noticed them before.

Yeah, it seem nicely made to me. As far as I can tell from pictures of the Bulgarian and Russian stocks, the PSA is an identical copy.

Plus if you ever have any trouble with it, you should be covered by PSA's warranty.

View All Quotes

Awesome,thank you sir. This will help me out tremendously when I pick it up. I probably wouldn't have seen the set screws.
I'll grab the psa stock since it's gtg,thanks again
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]

That looks amazing, congrats.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Plum is in stock on PSA

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]

That looks amazing, congrats.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Plum is in stock on PSA

View Quote

seems like PSA has done a decent job of keeping these in stock, lots of guys are getting one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:39:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#20]
Originally Posted By d16man:

@ak4784 which furniture is this?
View Quote

@d16man Redwood. I can get some better/more detailed pics up if you want.

ETA- I love that AK-V btw. Never get tired of seeing it. Beautiful gun
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#21]
How are the triggers in these?

Haven't gotten mine yet,might grab an ALG fcg.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0] [#22]
How are the triggers in these?

Haven't gotten mine yet,might grab an ALG fcg.
View Quote

The stock PSA trigger is actually not bad at all. Typical AK trigger rolling break but it's smooth and pretty light.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#23]
The trigger is really light and there is hardly any wall/tension before the break. It just breaks. Very smooth trigger all the way through the press. It’s not bad at all, just not what I am used to.

I imagine this would bump fire like crazy lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Cool thanks. I'll hold off getting the fcg and see how I like it.

Used to the feel of a G2,if it's close to that I'll keep it.

Ordered 10 of the Bulgy mags from gun mag warehouse  and a mustard russian sling.along with a Bulgarian 4.5 triangle stock
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:44:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#25]
The second Klayco47 video dropped this weekend.  

TLDW:
He did some long range shooting and got good hits out to 300 yards (possibly 400, it wasn't clear if he got hits there). That pretty much dispelled the inaccuracy myth.

He shot brass cased ammo and had no malfunctions. Wear was negligible.

In case you missed it: First 500 rounds here

1000 Rounds:
PSA 556 KRINK: 1000 rounds, Long range, mods!

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#26]

TLDW:
He did some long range shooting and got good hits out to 300 yards (possibly 400, it wasn't clear if he got hits there). That pretty much dispelled the inaccuracy myth.

1000 Rounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNa6NbF7Cvw
View Quote

Well that video looks promising

Mine was just shipped,whoot
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Nice. Congrats! What one did ya get?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]

TLDW:

1000 Rounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNa6NbF7Cvw
View Quote

Anyone know what side mount and optic offset(not sure if that’s the proper term for his set up) mount he used here?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Anyone know what side mount and optic offset(not sure if that's the proper term for his set up) mount he used here?
View Quote
RS Regulate AK-302M modular mount with rear bias topped with their AKML for the micro dot.

https://rsregulate.com/product/ak-302m/
https://rsregulate.com/product/akml/
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
RS Regulate AK-302M modular mount with rear bias topped with their AKML for the micro dot.

View Quote

Sweet! Gracias Amigo!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Thank you sir

I got the Redwood version

Should have all my goodies ready for it when I pick it up at the Greenville store friday or Saturday
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I like these mounts very solid.

I'm on the fence though putting one on a krink

I may just not right away
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I shot 150 rounds through mine yesterday. Zero problems.

Very loud and visible fireballs in bright midafternoon sun lol.

I didn’t run the suppressor on it because I still haven’t confirmed alignment on it yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I shot 150 rounds through mine yesterday. Zero problems.

Very loud and visible fireballs in bright midafternoon sun lol.

I didn’t run the suppressor on it because I still haven’t confirmed alignment on it yet.
View Quote

Awesome,glad your experience was good

Picked up my redwood krink Saturday.

Everything looks great. Was bathed in lots of oil out of the box. Clerk at psa wiped her down for me.
Handguards look really good,no wobble. Sights appear to be straight. Smooth safety, very nice trigger. Finish is slick very pleased. Button to fold stock is very tight as is the dust cover button. Should loosen up with use

Gonna shoot it this week sometime, will report back on how it goes. So far very happy with this AK.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm really interested in one of these, but have seen some reports of problems with PSA AK trunions and bolts............anyone experience any issues ? I plan on getting one of these soon
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
I'm really interested in one of these, but have seen some reports of problems with PSA AK trunions and bolts............anyone experience any issues ? I plan on getting one of these soon
View Quote

They are forged trunnions ,bolts and carriers.  I have had a lot of AKs in my day this one looks to be of high quality.

I'm very happy so far
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]

They are forged trunnions ,bolts and carriers.  I have had a lot of AKs in my day this one looks to be of high quality.

I'm very happy so far
View All Quotes

I'm very happy so far

Thanks for the reply..........I was going to get a Stribog, but I think you just convinced me to get a Krink............it will go nicely with my SAM-5 in 5.56
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Thanks for the reply..........I was going to get a Stribog, but I think you just convinced me to get a Krink............it will go nicely with my SAM-5 in 5.56
View All Quotes

I'm very happy so far

Your welcome.  I think you will be pleased. Find right ammo it likes and your golden.

I got 13 of these mags. They fit great,good deal too. Let us know if you get one

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/bulgarian-ak-74-5-56x45mm-30-round-reinforced-steel-lug-polymer-magazine.html?avad=55963_a38cfc471
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#39]

Your welcome.  I think you will be pleased. Find right ammo it likes and your golden.

I got 13 of these mags. They fit great,good deal too. Let us know if you get one

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/bulgarian-ak-74-5-56x45mm-30-round-reinforced-steel-lug-polymer-magazine.html?avad=55963_a38cfc471
View All Quotes

I'm very happy so far

I will check those out............I already have the Circle 10, AC Unity, Polish and other 5.56 mags that are cross compatible, so a few extra wont hurt

Are all of the handguards wood or are some of them synthetic?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
Jesus Christ I am going to revert mine to that - no matter what one does, that classic look is the shit (my Bulgarian SLR currently)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180450202_bde75dab60_k.jpgkrink by Solo__, on Flickr

View Quote
Jesus Christ has nothing to do with it
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#41]
How has accuracy been with your Krinks? Mine is WAY off. I had a small target(about the size of a sheet of notebook paper) hung up at 25 yards. There was no grouping whatsoever. I couldn’t even tell approximately where my rounds were going.

That being said, I was mostly shooting just to check function and reliability. I was not shooting for accuracy at all. Just plinking at the target. I wasn’t very impressed with what I saw though.
This was shooting Winchester M193. Next week I am going to focus on accuracy and try a couple different types of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#42]

I will check those out............I already have the Circle 10, AC Unity, Polish and other 5.56 mags that are cross compatible, so a few extra wont hurt

View All Quotes

I'm very happy so far

Mine are wood. Looks to be beech or birch
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#43]
4.5 pin to remove stock will not budge. Tapping it from the bottom up.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Any ideas?
View Quote
You removed/opened the top cover?

If it's not that, tap harder.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:35:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyLeaf] [#45]

View All Quotes

Any ideas?

Yeah i had removed top cover,put some oil on pin. Still not coming out. Beating crap out of it.

I'll take a break and try again
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah i had removed top cover,put some oil on pin. Still not coming out. Beating crap out of it.

View Quote
Also, try unlatching the hinge part from the receiver and letting it sort of swing freely.  Sometimes having it locked into the folded open position puts more pressure on the pin.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Also, try unlatching the hinge part from the receiver and letting it sort of swing freely.  Sometimes having it locked into the folded open position puts more pressure on the pin.
View All Quotes

This
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Got it out finally.  Thanks for the tip. Had to move stock around unlocked in few different places to find the sweet spot.

That pin was in there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I'm very happy so far

Thanks..............might get some synthetic furniture from KVar to replace it..............if I can make my mind up between this and a Stribog A3
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#50]
How has accuracy been with your Krinks? Mine is WAY off. I had a small target(about the size of a sheet of notebook paper) hung up at 25 yards. There was no grouping whatsoever. I couldn’t even tell approximately where my rounds were going.

That being said, I was mostly shooting just to check function and reliability. I was not shooting for accuracy at all. Just plinking at the target. I wasn’t very impressed with what I saw though.
This was shooting Winchester M193. Next week I am going to focus on accuracy and try a couple different types of ammo.
View Quote

I'll be curious to see how your groups are next time you shoot..........I am pondering on one of these myself
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top