Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2014 2:02:30 AM EDT
Working on debanning a MAK90 - the barrel was threaded 14:1 LH.  I'm trying to decide between a regular muzzle nut vs. slant for a "proper" deban.  Survey says...?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what look you're going for; before the ban, they were imported with muzzle nuts.
This Chinese milled variant has a muzzle nut, and judging by pictures of AKs in Vietnam, I'd say muzzle nut.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Muzzle Nut
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
However, many photos posted on this forum show Chinese soldiers holding AK's that do NOT have a threaded barrel. It seems the threaded barrels on Chinese AK's were exported to other countries. So on my 3 MAK 90's, I leave the muzzle alone to replicate Chinese AK's used in China.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
However, many photos posted on this forum show Chinese soldiers holding AK's that do NOT have a threaded barrel. It seems the threaded barrels on Chinese AK's were exported to other countries. So on my 3 MAK 90's, I leave the muzzle alone to replicate Chinese AK's used in China.  GARY
View Quote

That is what I've found as well, military export models have an un-threaded barrel.
"Military issued versions of the Type 56 lack the threaded muzzle found on the AK-47 and AKM, this means they cannot use an AKM compensator or blank-firing device. Commercial versions of the Type 56 may or may not have a threaded muzzle."
Here are several in Afghanistan:
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My 56S has a slant brake on it. I assume it's original? That's what I put on my MAK90. But I also needed extra compliance parts because I put blond polytech furniture on it.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top