Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/19/2011 5:16:49 PM EDT
Just got a new 7.62x54r Vepr. I tried to mount my 8x Psop and ran into a issue. when sliding the scope on to the mount rail It runs into the rear sight leaf. I cant slide it all the way forward, so its not properly mounted. Is there any Solution other than a new 300+$ scope?
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue with an M76 and a larger scope. There should be enough wiggle room to get it past the rear site, If you move the scope from left to right while looking down on it from above, you should notice a tad bit of play. This was enough for me to get it around the rear site. Pics might help also, b/c you may have an AK mount VS an SVD or other way around. I'm not an expert.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nictra is right sometimes there is very little space to clear the rear sight when using an SVD mount on an AK pattern receiver like a VEPR or PSL. Worst case instead of buying a whole new optic you could swap the base out from SVD to AK. Costs about $30 or so at Kalinak though be aware the base is black not grey

Here's an example of how the SVD mount fits vs the AK mount on my old PSL

AK

SVD, barely cleared the rear sight (in fact was touching and left marks on the bell)

Z
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.330601580302480.90486.100000579218152&type=1&l=cc58a35e03

hope thies help. and no there is no room to wiggle around.

facebook link  having issue posting photos

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the scope in the facebook like has an SVD mount. -See if you can return it and get one with the AK mount, which will fit the VEPR with no problems. (Amazon and kalinkaoptics both have them.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top