Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2013 1:37:35 AM EDT
I am looking for a VEPR hunter stock for my slant cut 54R 16" 01. It's not that I prefer this stock, but if our governor gets his way here in Maryland thumb hole stocks and pistol grips will be banned under the new Assualt weapons ban.
First can I use a stock from one of the Hunter rifles and put it on mine? And if so will any modifications be required?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
A stock probably isn't going to help you; the bill bans all AK rifles and clones. If you bought it as regulated, which I'm almost certain you did, it's already on the ban list.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think the stock would work. The trigger group has been moved to the rear like the saiga's that are uncoverted. The distance from the mag well to the trigger group has been increased in the Hunter rifle. I have both and have been meaning to play around the with the stocks to see what fits and what doesnt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I also don't think a new stock would help. Though if the law is passed you could check with the AG to see if it would be legal.  If you already have the vepr and its considered a regulated firearm (which I would guess it is) they already have it registered to you and it would be grandfathered in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
We make them for the slant stocks. At this time our Handguards will not fit the 308 or 54 version though.

Edit to add, crap I did not realize thumbholes would be banned. What a bunch of crap. I suppose a  BAR style stock might work??

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top