Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2013 10:43:13 PM EDT
I bought a 12 round galil magazine & it has a white stripe on it. after looking around, i saw some on the j & g sales website & it states its for firing crimped blanks only.i loaded regular 223 rounds & they fit fine.since its only feeding rounds, is there any reason not to use these magazines for regular rounds?didnt say anything on the original bag it came with ,either. i found this very strange....
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure they were painted with the white stripe for identification so regular rounds wouldn't be loaded in them. Is there any sort of tab that prevents you from loading regular rounds in them or maybe the feedlip looks weird?
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No , 223 rounds feed right down, with no problem. Makes no sense Unless theyt were used only for blanks when training, & they could identify the mag has blanks with the white stripe. i saw a 308 12 rd mag with the same white stripe....
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The white strip id'd the mags for blank fire only or for use with crimped cartridges.  I got about 6 of them from Blackthorne earlier this year for cheap!!  They seem to work just fine.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
As issued, they were meant to be used to for blanks to  rifle grenades.  The magazine contained a block at the front that would only allow crimped blanks to fit the magazine.  The block is easily removed.  Without it, it functions as a 12 round magazine.

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ah, mine has no block,cool, thats the info i was looking for . thanks !
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought they would have E-1 proofed them with a block of some sort. I guess that block must have gotten removed.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top