BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
GG-SAI thread... (Page 4 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my stuff from the KAG. Most of my stuff was present in the box I sent, and was untouched by the gooch.

My krink parts kit was still in the sealed packaging, and I cannot find any rust on the rifle I sent. He only had my stuff for 15 months, and I had coated the the rifle with CLP before I shipped it. The only things missing are:

Mak 99 7.62x39 receiver SN 0004xx2

Vmon krink black poly k-grip

money- $635
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fistpoint] [#2]
The rifle appears to be EXACTLY the way I sent it back for the second time in July of 2001.

I am missing:
(4) extra AK-74 gas tubes(2 Russ/2 Bulg)
(2) hi-cap mags(1 Bulg/1 EG)
original Russian side rail from Tantal
my original Norinco 84s box serial numbered to rifle
the cover box for the above box

It is filthy from the test rounds I fired through it 2 years ago, but there does not appear to be any rust from my brief inspection. The only part that might have been painted over is the top cover.

I guess I'm pretty happy, 95% of my parts are here including 100% of a rifle...which probably still needs to be repaired to function correctly.
Pics of a Chinese Type-88 will be up within 48 hours!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I received my SAR-2 today from the KAG. $16 COD. The rifle appears to be untouched by SAI. I'm missing 4 mags and the 100 rounds of test ammo.

Now I need to see if I can find someone to pick up where SAI left off.

I also recovered my Glock 19 today from the HPD. It was recovered when they caught the guy that stole my Durango. The BATF did all the ballistics and it wasn't linked to any crimes. It still had the Hogue grip and the fobus holester too :-)

Kind of nice closing the chapter on two outstanding firearms.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
so anyone live close enough an have the will to sue the bastard to get the money you lost back ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got my SAR 1 back from KAG.It was sent to have the front site straightened,AK74 muzzel break installed,and  Geramn enamel finish put on it. Pushing 2 years ago.I was told it was being worked on and almost finished several times. It was untouched.But thats a blessing from the reports that have been coming back of messed up rifles. I will say I wiped my rifle down with CLP before I sent it to him.It has no rust on it at all. Looks just like it did when I sent it.CLP did a GREAT job. There was a Chicken Feather suck on the rifle though?? Where the heck that come from???? Thanks KAG, WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bulletslap] [#6]
Wardog - the chicken feather came from the barn-yard where the plywood shed stands that is Building A SAI Intergalatic Gunsmithing headquarters. I am not joking about the plywood shed and barn yard - I have been there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Bulletslap, you bought made me pi$$ on my self!!!!!! Man I don't know weather to laugh or cry!!!!!! Im laughing right now. I can picture a Chicken pecking at my AK!!!!!!! Damn say it ain't so......... I truly hope you guys get all your stuff back and in good shape. It would seem that the missing parts could be another build somewhere else???? I hope not.. Im glad this part of the nightmare is over ,and hope yall's come to an end real soon. Hang in there bro's , WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#8]
   Well, I got my SLR-100H back about 3 weeks ago in pieces, except barrell was still attached with minor rust on the reciver.

I sent it to GG to put on new Bulgi. barrell and refinish along with 2 slabside mags.

He began to drill the barrell pin out on one side went in about 1/4 inch on center, the other side he drilled about 3/16 of an inch, but was off center.

Local gunsmith had to remove the pin, fill the hole and redrill from the good side.  When the new bulgi. barrell comes in I ordered he will install, redrill to make true and put a new pin in and refinish all.

I will be selling the 2 refinnished Russian slab sides mags when I get them back, if interested, email me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I received my magazines back yesturday from the KAG. I have everything now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Recieved this "I-Tec" grip in a box from KAG. Does not belong to me or on any of my guns. Whomever it belongs to can have it for return shipping.

[email protected]

Also, can anybody identify it further.

Looks like a bolt-on shotgun foregrip.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Intra Tec Tec-9 pre-ban? foregrip.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a heads up email today about the Gooch. A quick check of his former ffl #'s indicate that one is now "invalid" and the other is "expired". Still another reason not to send a gun to him. And yet another to not expect anything back from him.

Check for yourself @ 199.196.145.75/FFLeZCheck

License Number: 5-48-197-01-3G-00076
Expiration Date: 7/1/2003
License Name: GUCCIANO, GARY L
Trade Name: SOLSTICE ARMS
Premise Address: RR 1 BOX 20B BILDING A
HARVEYVILLE
KS- 66431
Mailing Address: RR 1 BOX 20B BILDING A
HARVEYVILLE
KS- 66431

License Number: 5-48-197-01-3G-00100
Expiration Date: 8/1/2003
License Name: GUCCIANO, GARY L
Trade Name: SOLSTICE ARMS
Premise Address: RR1 BOX 20B BUILDING A
HARVEYVILLE
KS- 66431
Mailing Address: RR1 BOX 20B BUILDING A
HARVEYVILLE
KS- 66431
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: faustus] [#13]
Just got my stuff back from KAG, sort of. I sent Gary two new KVAR Bulgarian kits, two receivers and $610. Fortunately I got the receivers back, but of course the money is gone and I'm missing:

1 Barrel
1 Bolt carrier
1 Bolt
1 Recoil spring assembly
1 Lower handguard retaining flange
2 Rear sight plates
2 Rear sight leaf springs
1 Rear sight support pin
1 Barrel retaining pin
4 Front sight and gas block retaining pins
1 Double-hook trigger
1 Hammer
1 Hammer spring
1 Disconnector
1 Disconnector spring
1 Shepherd's hook
2 Axis pins

Both of the kits were sent in their original sealed plastic wrapping 6 months ago, and both came back ripped open with parts removed. So I'm out about $800 total...
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Got an affidavit from KAG regarding additional monetary damages they are going after. Got it filled out, notarized and sent back today.

Son of a bitch still has more than a grand of my money/property.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By postban:
Got an affidavit from KAG regarding additional monetary damages they are going after. Got it filled out, notarized and sent back today.

Son of a bitch still has more than a grand of my money/property.

Judging by his lifestyle I doubt we'll ever get a cent from the bastard. Whats his trailer worth? A dollar ninty five?
But if he actually lost recievers or failed to record recieving them then he'll never get his tickets renewed ,which is fine by me.I don't want that clod to touch another rifle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:53:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Can you imagine receiving a check from the state of Kansas in the amount of .02 cents?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys, I received NOTHING back from the KAG. I'm out $605. I've already filled out my affidavit, had it notorized, and sent it back in. I like this part of the KAG's letter:

"Finally, keep in mind that collecting a judgement is sometimes a lengthy process, especially when the judgement debtor is insolvent.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:49:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creeper] [#18]
I recieved some parts back in June. However I was missing my serial numbered Norinco #308919 trunnion block among tons of other parts.

I then sent what few parts I had gotten back to Gary to have him finish building since I never filed in the first place. He was supposed to have my rifle back by Sept. 6th, the filing deadline with the KAG is Today Sept. 8th. Gary never contacted me that he did not have it done so I contacted him and had to file.

If thinks we all are going to roll over like dogs and keep getting kicked he is mistaken. Had I done this to this many people I would be scared to leave my house.

Enough ranting for now-  
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Careful. By agreeing to let Gucciano finish your rifle you risk being labeled a co-conspirator LOL. Sept 9 is the deadline for filing with the KAG.You might see if they would fax you an affidavit.Then next day mail it back to them.Call Jerry Howland anyway and see what he can do.

As I understand it.By cooperating with the KAG he avoids a fraud trial and can be back in business in several months. It does not preclude however that he be investigated for theft and/or mismanagement on the Fed. level. There are a lot of missing recievers that he has yet to account for.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#20]
If KAG doesn't go after him, can't individuals sue him in civil or small claims court?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
If KAG doesn't go after him, can't individuals sue him in civil or small claims court?

Absolutely! But I think that those that have gone through the KAG suit are prevented from doing so.

Other than real estate and some machine tools(and the machine tools are going cheap these days) I don't think he owns anything thats worth very much.

What I want to know is what he did with all the missing parts.Were they stolen? Did they rust away in the chicken coop? Did the chickens take em!? Did he sell them or use them in other builds? Are they in the ravine behind his house?There are a lot of parts unaccounted for.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By BRM308:
[What I want to know is what he did with all the missing parts.

Remember all those really GREAT builds that those who properly applied their lips to his ass got? There ya go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Based on the post above, you could try contacting these SAI customers to see if they have your parts on their builds....

www.solsticearms.com/testimonials.shtml
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Unfortunately I sent him a HK 91 to build and as far as I can make out only one other person sent him a HK91.Still. Its just one of the things that knaw at ya. Like the name of an actor you can't remember.For all I know there's a sculpture in his front yard made up of all the missing parts. Maybe he really did drive around the neighborhood flinging handloads of parts out the window.Or perhaps to "punish" all those "clients"that filed with the KAG, he held back parts. You know. He goes out to the chicken coop with a big bag and starts randomly stuffing gun parts in it."I'll show those sons of bitches" sort of thing. I'm not angry about it anymore. I'm just curious.They gotta be somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I think many of them were held for payment from whoever did the decent builds. It is likely  GG did not build the very few "museum Grade" weapons we hear about;
If any ever were. Knowimg what a sorry shitstain he is, he probably did not pay for his outsourced work. This is pure speculation, as you would think that whoever the work was farmed out to would have come forward by now.

I suspect also that the GG minions received some of our parts also. You men who have lost receivers need to report them stolen, in case they are sold or traded, as well as earning GG his stint in the stony lonesome hotel, you might recover them some day.

Other parts probably were lost, traded for "stuff", and just plain damaged by the Boy Wonder AK smith and bridal wear tycoon of Harveyville Kansas.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Guys don't worry- Gary never intended to finish my rifle by the 6th. I filed with the KAG on the 8th for the full amount $2,275 for everything the little shitbag has of mine. If I didn't live so far away I would drive out there and get my stuff back in person however living a good 22 hour drive away is far to long to sustain that kind of anger driving through six states.

Someone who lives out there sue him!! We'll do a class action, and pay the damn lawyer. The KAG is not going to do anything- hell they regret getting involved in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I live only 30 miles from the gooch, BUT, I never had any business dealings with him(thank god) So I can't sue him. If there's anything else you want(Short of shooting the s.o.b.)give me a hollar. Oh by the way, If the gooch used the internet to defraud people(which he did)The Feds can prosecute him, AND send his sorry ass to jail! A bunch of you that were touched by gooch need to contact the federal prosecutor for the midwest region-Ks. and file complaints with him. You were right about the KAG not doing anything; Hell, I'm surprised they raided his chicken coop!
                      OJF
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: faustus] [#28]

Originally Posted By BRM308:
Or perhaps to "punish" all those "clients" that filed with the KAG, he held back parts. You know. He goes out to the chicken coop with a big bag and starts randomly stuffing gun parts in it. "I'll show those sons of bitches" sort of thing. I'm not angry about it anymore. I'm just curious.They gotta be somewhere.

I sent Gary two KVAR Bulgarian kits. He had my parts for about six months, and I never once emailed or called him to complain, nor did I file with KAG. I didn't even know about KAG until I got the first mailing from them. I got back 90% of one kit and 10% of the second. It's obvious from the pattern of parts missing that my kits were used as a source of parts for other builds. The plastic was selectively ripped open to get very specific parts. For instance, the rear sight and spring were removed from both kits. One of the kits was missing the fire control parts, bolt, bolt carrier, barrel and recoil spring - in other words, pretty much everthing you'd need to finish a receiver. The best explanation I can come up with is simple theft. GG has been living on our money for the last three years, and obviously has no regrets about doing so.

Edited - meant to say six months instead of six weeks...
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeap, I believe the same. People's kits and rifles was used to make other rifles. I would praboly have to say made for some people to keep quite or to keep people quite.IMO . No other explaination. And also to just assyemble and sell outright.There are recievers missing also. Luckly I sent an UGLY SAR 1 rifle that nobody would want parts off of.If he got Cancer and rotted from the inside out wouldn't hurt my feelings.WD
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm thinkin' full page add in the shotgun news.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Can any of "his builds" be worth anything?

With all the crap that has been showin up of his "craftsmanship" how can anyone trust his work?

Is there a count of how many projects were actually completed?

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildWes] [#32]

Originally Posted By faustus:

One of the kits was missing the fire control parts, bolt, bolt carrier, barrel and recoil spring - in other words, pretty much everthing you'd need to finish a receiver.

Weren't the Bulgarian kits sent out with the original fcg's? Kinda makes one wonder exactly what said 'Gootch' was building, and for whom?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:54:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Adventurer_96] [#33]

I'm thinkin' full page add in the shotgun news.

That brings up a good point.  GG/SAI got a lot of good press, for nothing more than an apparent internet reputation, from David Fortier in an issue of SGN last year.  I'll have to check out the date.

For those who don't recall, he's the one who supposedly got his rifle back a couple of days after posting on the AK board.  The old thread hinted at him making things right, to paraphrase, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I'd like to see him, or at least the Shotgun News, print SOMETHING about this.  I'm thinking a matter of public record, such as the court proceedings, could be that something.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Thats a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Something needs to be done on that for sure.

How can anyone trust a build done by him? He has shown that he doesn't have the "proper tools" that he was s'posed to have and by what has been returned we see that his "work?" is nowhere near "museum quality".

Would anyone trust a build by this guy? How can there be any value to any build "he's done" no matter how good it MAY look? I would never want to own a "build done by him".
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#36]
What astounds me is the speed at which the Gooch gained NATIONAL praise (Shotgun News artical)! Usually it takes even a gifted Smith YEARS to acomplish this task. Seems as if the Gooch built (of should I say farmed out) a dozen or so rifles and the next thing you know, "Poof"........"Master Gunsmith producing Museum quality pieces". Just goes to show how perverse info from the Net can be! I'm getting to the point where I question just about EVERYTHING I READ on these BB's anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bulletslap] [#37]
Oh the builds are museum quality alright, museum of horrors !

How is it going econfina ?

AKM, you had "chicken coop" Guccanio's number early on didn't you ? How did you figger out he was a fraud so early in the game ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#38]
A friend of mine had some work done by the Gooch when the Gooch was first starting out around 2000.

The Gooch quoted him the usual "two to 6 weeks max" turn around time.

Gooch had his rifle (not even a complete build no less) for over FIVE MONTHS! The work was mediocre at best but the paint job was nice.

After that I watched his "career" (if you want to call it that) closely thereafter. I was also noticing negative posts being deleted on the "Build it yourself forum" over on AK.net around the same time.

After calling the Gooch on a bogus claim he made about his "accuracy package" and a few other things over at AK.net, I was quickly banned and labeled a trouble maker!

I was told by three different moderators from three different sites at three seperate times through e-mail to stop making accusations about the Gooch and threatened with banishment if I continued with these actions.

I have been watching this train wreck with horror for almost three full years now.

What saddens me the most is the fact that just about EVERY GUN RELATED BOARD covered for the Gooch in the beginning. This lead to a lot of good people getting screwed in one way or the other simply because the sites chose to take the Gooches word as gospel, even though the complaints kept pouring in!

This mess could have been nipped at the bud YEARS ago!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:15:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Adventurer_96] [#39]

One gunsmith who is rapidly gaining an impressive reputation for the quality of this sort of work (AKS-74U Krinkovs) is Gary Gucciano of Solstice Arms, Inc.  

Gary, a Class II manufacturer, specializes in custom building Kalashnikov rifles.  If you have a parts kit you'd like built, a rifle modified, or a basket-case fixed, he's someone to call.  As of late, he's been building a large number of AKS-74Us.  These can be had as either a legally-registered Short Barrel Rifle (if a SBR is legal in your state) or with a fake suppressor, bringing the barrel length out to 16 inches.  

Keep an eye out as in a future issue we'll be covering an AKS-74U buildup, from construction through legally registering it, done by Gary.  With inexpensive Saiga rifles, a cheap source for a real Russian receiver, and a host of quality parts kits from K-Var the time is ripe to have a custom AK built.  If this is something of interest to you I recommend giving Gary a call.  Just tell him you heard about him in SHOTGUN NEWS!

-David Fortier, Shotgun News, November 10th, 2002

The above is an excerpt from Mr. Fortier's review in the Shotgun News.  I added the (AKS-74U) after "this sort of work" in the first paragraph.  Those of you out there might recall that a complaint was posted under his name on the AK board, and shortly thereafter he received a rifle, according to the thread over there.

I'm drafting a letter to SGN tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I remember when this guy wrote his article. I believe my opinion on his article was considered inappropriate for the Ak nuts forum and was summarily deleted.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I would like to poll the membership here and see how many of us were banned from dot nutz......

I raised the flag along time ago, why someone would wait for over two years for a weapon to be built.........I got banned.

KF
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Me too.  Banned in the same thread as you and Troy actually..

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#43]
The KAG was supposed to go to court on Monday.  Any word from anyone yet?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#44]
  Adv98,

Go to court for exactly what, do you know?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fistpoint] [#45]
...to discuss the money he owes dozens of people for work not performed but paid for and missing parts.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I was secretly ban over my opinions on SAI.  The craven moderators didn't even have the stones to IM or email me. One day my user name and password were simply no good.  I grew so very tired of cowardice as I age.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmedic] [#47]
I was not involved with the KAG., but Gary had a milled Bulgarian kit of mine (and a $300 money order) for 2 years.
I NEVER bitched to him about it...I would email him every month or so, politely asking for a "progress update".

When the KAG took action, I was sent a letter offering to either return my property, or allow Gary to finish it. (Im assuming all of his customers were sent this letter)

I elected to have my stuff just shipped back, because in the time he had my parts...I had learned enough to where I wanted to build it myself.

I recieved most of my parts back.
The barrel was pressed into the reciever, and the gas block was in place (but neither were pinned)
Gas piston/bolt carrier, bolt, and gas tube are missing, front sight base is missing...money order is M.I.A.

I dont know if the barrel has been headspaced or not.
The rear sight base, and gas block appear to be slightly crooked to me.

All that said...Gary was never anything but polite, and civil in the emails we exchanged...and I have seen pics of BEAUTIFULL rifles he built...kinda makes me wonder if maybe I was having smoke blown up my ass from the get-go.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Make sure you check that headspace. My rifle was fully completed by him and it swallowed a NO-GO. Of course I needed to send it back twice because it didn't function beyond a bolt-action style.

So even "fully" completed Gooch jobs need headspacing re-done. Do your face a favor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I haven't been in touch with the KAG since I last posted, I'm curious to see what the outcome was.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Got a note from Jerry Howland today.

I asked ">>> postban <[email protected]> 10/22/2003 1:32:36 PM >>>
Hi Jerry,
Curious to know if there are any developments in the case(s)?

The reply; We are finalizing restitution amounts and getting a payment
schedule/agreement.

Go Jerry go

KAG---><---GG

Page / 5
GG-SAI thread... (Page 4 of 5)
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top