Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:24:25 PM EDT
I finished my Mini Draco SBR this weekend after a 5 1/2 month wait for my stamp. When i sent it out to get engraved,  the engraver accidently messed up the finish when attempting to blacken the area he engraved. He used manganese parkerizing to refinish it and it turned out very nice, but was too gray. So I had it refinished over with satin black Gun Kote and I am very happy with the finish. It may be the best finish of any AK I have. I was not happy when it happened, but am now because of the end result. These phone camera pictures do not do the finish justice and make it look more gray and dull than it is.

I added an Ace folding mechanism with integrated AR adapter, a BCM buffer tube, a Magpul CTR stock, a MI Mini forend rail, Magpul ladder rail covers,  a Noveske endplate with integrated QD, a KAC handstop with integrated QD, KAC QD sling swivels, a Russian pistol grip, Tapco G2 trigger group, and a Tapco slant brake.

I have never been big on tacticool AKs. After I saw Gardner's awesome work , I had to build one with an Ace and CTR. The Ace folder locks up nice and solid and opens easily. My next project will probably be adding a Romanian underfolder to my Draco C.

Link Posted: 1/21/2012 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Great looking mini! Awesome finish on it, looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice SBR. Nice job man.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice..

I can't wait for the Mini's to get back in stock somewhere..
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That Magpul CTR looks perfect for that SBR! Sweet looking rifle!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Great looking set up!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Should have done the underfolder on the mini and the side folder on the draco :) Looks good though, might want to try a US palm grip too, they fill my hand better but YMMV.
My stamp for my Draco should be here in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That is beautiful! Never thought i would like an AR stock on an ak but that looks sweet! If you wanted to could you make the stock fold to the right instead of lef?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the comments guys!

Zero00- the Ace with integrated AR15 adapter only folds to the left.

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is beautiful! Never thought i would like an AR stock on an ak but that looks sweet! If you wanted to could you make the stock fold to the right instead of lef?

would be kinda hard to charge it if the stock was sitting there
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top