Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/21/2012 8:22:35 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the MI handguard will install without installing the top piece?
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
ON the mini, Yes.

Link Posted: 4/22/2012 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have a pic of the MI rail without the top cover installed?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have a pic of the MI rail without the top cover installed?

Anyone?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Here you go:

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Can those upper lugs be removed and still let the unit mount?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]
You could grind them off. The center piece has set screws, but I think you could grind it all or most off. Tomorrow I can post better pics of what you want to see.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could grind them off. The center piece has set screws, but I think you could grind it all or most off. Tomorrow I can post better pics of what you want to see.

Sweet.. I love your build to begin with. One of my favorite mini SBR's..

Could you just take a shot of the whole gun laying out with the top cover off.

I'm trying to decide how to do with mine. The hot dog bun is actually growing on me, but I think I'd have to clean it up with some holes and a refinish or repaint.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice!  Thanks!  MI rails for my Mini it is...  
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to decide how to do with mine. The hot dog bun is actually growing on me, but I think I'd have to clean it up with some holes and a refinish or repaint.

Thanks. When I get home from work this evening I sure will. You mean top cover of the rail, not dust cover correct? I will also get more light and a close up of the bracket that holds the top part of the rail on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. When I get home from work this evening I sure will. You mean top cover of the rail, not dust cover correct? I will also get more light and a close up of the bracket that holds the top part of the rail on.

Yes, just the rail cover.

Thanks man!

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Happy to help. Here you go:

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Looks like I'll be going with the Midwest.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Looks like I'll be going with the Midwest.

You will be very happy with the MI Mini rail. It is solid and very well made. I have another stock Mini that I kept the bun on for now. I stained it and replaced the screw with a stronger hex head screw. Also, consider the KAC handstop I am using. It works well and takes a QD sling swivel.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top