Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2013 10:41:32 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am thinking of sbring my draco.  Do I just need the ACE Folding Stock Mechanism w/ Integrated AR-15 Stock Interface?  Is that the only part I need? Or do I also need a receiver block?
Also, any recommendation of handguards and muzzlebreak/flash hider?  I was thinking of getting an ultimak or midwest industries handguard and the Bulgarian KRINKOV style 4-Piece Flash Hider

Parts: http://riflestocks.com/store/product106.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The receiver block is only for AKs with the tang/open rear trunnion, it goes inside the receiver so that the mechanism has something to attach to.
Since the dracos have a flat pistol trunnion all you have to do is drill/tap the two holes into the rear and the folding mechanism attaches directly to that - no receiver block needed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to use AR style stock then yes that folding mechanism and a tube and a stock.

I have the MI rail and I like it.  The only gripe is that larue rail clips don't snap on, but that's minor.  

For a flash hider I got a M16 style birdcage threaded to LH.  Works well enough for me.  You'll want something because the Draco puts out a HUGE fireball without a brake or flash hider.  

Enjoy. You'll love the Draco as a SBR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I just drilled and tapped (10/32) my rear receiver and bolt the stock or folding mechanism directly to the receiver.

As far as a FH I really like the Manticore Arms Nitebrake. Works very well and  is about as short as they come to keep the overall length down.
I also like SLR Single Port Brake
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the integrated AR15 Ace folding mechanism on my Mini and like it a lot. Magpul covers fit on the MI rail perfectly.  I cut down a CNC Warrior Russian brake for the muzzle (I got the idea from member- The_Punisher).

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top