Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2014 8:54:36 AM EDT
I ordered a Mini Draco from J and G Sales.  Came with a 30 round magazine and a 75 round drum for $460.  This is my first AK pistol.  I replaced the bakelite grip with a yugo grip I had in a parts bin.  I also wanted to paint the handguard. I didn't have any black paint but I did have a half used can of Rusto Truck Bed Liner...just right for a "truck gun".  Sanded with 220 then applied a couple of light coats. I did not paint the inside of the guard.  It does give it a nice grip.  It'll probably be this weekend before I can take it to the range and see how much fire this thing will breathe.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they back in stock or was yours back ordered from before ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks 100x better than the hot dog bun
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine got one.  Once I held it I had to have one.  Ordered it on Thursday.  Picked it up yesterday at LGS.  I'd love to put an underfolder kit on it but I don't have the skills.  I plan to put the paracord loop and a single point sling on it.  Thanks for the compliments.

Mini Draco with free Drum

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I was able to shoot 2 magazines through it yesterday.  It would not cycle properly on the first 4 or 5 rounds of each magazine (used 2 different mags).  After the first 5 rounds, it cycled like a sewing machine.  I plan on taking it out again Friday after work to see if it just needs "breaking in".

Flame frame.  I know...eye pro fail.  Mississippi humidity fogs up some eye pro.  Yes, I wear flip-flops all year long when at the house (I can imagine the comments it might bring if this was in GD).
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't wait to get mine. I have heard some require a break in period before running at 100%. You could try hand cycling a bunch of rounds before you take it back out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm scared that it might be "under gassed".  The blow back isn't enough to overcome the tension of a fully loaded magazine??? That's why it runs good after 5 rounds have been shot?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is the results on my first shooting with mine last week.10 meters.  I had two mags, a PMAG and a Chinese used no spine.  The Pmag worked with the same perfection they work in my M-4's.  The Chinese fired and chambered every other round for three trigger pulls then worked every time.  I cleaned the Chinese mag and will give it another chance.  I also cleaned and loaded a Russian spine which I will fire sometime soon.   I've decided to SBR this over the next year and have contacted a close friend who is a BATF agent to guide me with the proper paperwork.  (I was his platoon sergeant.)
I will SBR both this one and a PPS43 during the next year.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top