Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2014 2:29:02 PM EDT
The stamp came in about a week and a half ago and the stock from Manticore with Stormworkz hinge came in yesterday.  My only criticism is that the 10-32 screws that came with the Hinge (not stock) are not nearly long enough.  Only about four or five threads show through the end of the hinge.  You have to drill and tap the rear truniion all the way through so you might as well use screws that use "all" the threads in the trunion.  A trip to Home Depot and $1.20 later and I was able to mount the stock properly.  The Manticore stock is bomb proof and the Stormworkz hinge is very robust.  The side of the hinge is tapped with 10-24 threads so I picked up a Magpul QD cup and just cut the screw provided down to size.  The QD cup for the single point sling is located in just the right spot, about 7" behind it's balance point.  The BattleComp muzzle brake does a spectacular job at keeping the muzzle down and shortening the time it takes to get back on target.  It is a lousy flash hider but muzzle climb is what I am concerned with not so much about flash.  All in all I am really stoked about this build.

MadDog

ETA: The last photo shows my daily carry SIG "Nightmare" full sized 1911.  Just replaced the trigger with a flat Wilson Combat which shoots real sweet and some of Ed Strange's Wicked Grips.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get the QD adapter thats on your hinge?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the Magpul sockets, maybe?

ETA: or Ace, I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks awesome, thanks for sharing !
I'm waiting for my stamp then I'm converting my arsenal slr1-106ur to an SBR ...
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is a Magpul QD socket.  I got it from Rainier Arms but would think that most local shops that carry a good selection of Magpul stuff would have them.  The threads in the side of the hinge are 10-24 the same as screw that comes with the socket. You will have to cut the screw down to about 3/16" long.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is a Magpul QD socket.  I got it from Rainier Arms but would think that most local shops that carry a good selection of Magpul stuff would have them.  The threads in the side of the hinge are 10-24 the same as screw that comes with the socket. You will have to cut the screw down to about 3/16" long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, I've been looking for something just like that for my M92.

Nice stick by the way!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome SBR.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I know its a magpul RVG front grip but is that a magpul handstop too?  I like the looks of it.  

I like VFGs but currently have an AFG on mine as I like the grip a little more rearward towards the magwell, but had issues with my hand hitting the VFG on mag changes...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
ScottMO:  the hand stop is by Gear Sector.  You can order right off their web site.  You are correct about the VFG and mag changes, there is very little wiggle room.  Took some practice but I can now make them as fast as it the VFG wasn't even there.  I am about to change out the Battle Comp out for a flaming pig type.  Even though the Battle Comp does a great job of keeping the muzzle down it feels like someone is hitting you in the chest with a sledge hammer every time you pull the trigger, the concussion is so bad.  Flaming Pigs direct the concussive blast away fron the shooter.

Still my favorite SBR, and I have quite a few (9 so far).
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I like them both.
Nice work.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top