Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
after switching to appendix carry with the VG2 I can't see carrying any other way. Better range of motion without having to worry about printing. It's been great!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to say find a better position to carry at, but looks like you've solved that problem w/ AIWB. I wear everything from regular T shirts to polos to butondowns, carrying at the 3 o'clock position. I am of similar build to you OP, a little skinnier. I'll say the best thing I did to help my concealment was lose some weight believe it or not!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Shop at The Buckle. Shirts in general are cut longer than most other places. It's pricier, and depending on your age the demographic might make you shake a cane at whippersnappers, but they inadvertently have some of the best CCW clothes around.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Dark colors and/or stripes will help break up the outline of your gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
went to the VG2 glad I did! I'm sold on appendix carry.

Not sold on the reload against my bare skin though...I end up not carrying the reload....might get a pocket carrier for the spare....I feel as if I could actually run a glock 19 this same way with no problem at all.

<a href="http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/natec6628/media/IMG_20130701_082409_885.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/natec6628/IMG_20130701_082409_885.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/natec6628/media/IMG_20130701_082346_509.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/natec6628/IMG_20130701_082346_509.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's OK if you don't mind having a loaded gun pointed at your gentlemans parts and you femoral artery all day, me, I'll take strong side FBI cant with the muzzle pointed slightly rearward EVERY TIME.
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Are your firearms in disrepair? How many negligent discharges have you had? How many times have you had gun go off all by its own in the holster?

That why I'm not afraid....
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That why I'm not afraid....
View Quote

I wouldn't be afraid. But appendix carry is called "vasectomy carry" for a reason. It demands respect or it will kill you. I suppose it's fine if you don't ever practice or train carrying AIWB or just plan to hold onto your gun if you ever draw it.

Any method of carry, if going to be done responsibly and as effectively as possible requires training and practice from that carry position. Draw-stroke and dry-fire practice most importantly. Re-holstering is where you can get in trouble. It's also where that little clippy thingy stops becoming a viable holster. If you ever need to draw your gun, the option of putting it away should be one available IMO.

You're selling yourself short if you're not practicing your draw and presentation and dry fire. Especially for AIWB. You want to be sure your draw-stroke is solid, without muzzling yourself and that can be trickier from up front. It's especially tricky when you start practicing from unconventional positions, like the kind of positions you may find yourself in when under attack.

Have you had any 8+ hour days sweating on your gun carried like that yet? That might change your notion of a holster too.

It's good you're working with different gear and making it happen. But I wouldn't go figuring that "it can't happen to you" and putting all your faith in the mechanics of the gun. There's more to it than just strapping on a rig and hitting the streets. Or there should be at least.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I do appreciate what you're saying.

I have practiced with the rig. I've carried with it extensively as well. For concealed carry the ability to quickly reholster isn't all that necessary as I don't need to put the gun away and cuff someone, It most certainly would not working in a LEO capacity. I've sweat all of this thing and had no problems. This "holster" is designed to be removed from the belt and then the be affixed to the trigger guard and then stuck back into the waistband and clipped to the belt. While this is slow its is an incredibly safe way to appendix carry as the trigger guard is always protected when the loaded gun is put in the pants.

Pros and cons...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top